Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wolfenstein The New Order - CTD

Wolfenstein The New Order - CTD 3 weeks 2 days ago #1

Hey Guys,

Using latest Reshade (4.4.2), I'm facing a CTD with this game, most probably because of some opengl stuff since with DX9/10/11 I don't face any issue.

I've found this in this same forum, so I'm supposing the error is related, since I'm on a notebook with an integrated GPU and an Nvidia GPU.

Tried to follow the solution from that post but I'm unable to disable the integrated GPU since it seems it uses the Nvidia Optimus stuff, so the notebook needs both GPUs active for things to work fine.

This is the log generated:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Does anyone has faced before?
Any clue that you can give I appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Last Edit: 3 weeks 2 days ago by SVillaF.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Wolfenstein The New Order - CTD 3 weeks 2 days ago #2

Try to disable FreeStyle if you don't need it (it seems to crash when FreeStyle creates its D3D device and ReShade tries to hook that): C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Ansel\NvCameraConfiguration.exe and hit the "Disable" radio button at the bottom.
Cheers, crosire =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SVillaF

Wolfenstein The New Order - CTD 3 weeks 2 days ago #3

Hey crosire,

I don't have the folder you mention. I don't use Geforce Experience overlay and I understand Ansel and Freestyle are from Geforce Experience.

Your comment made me suspect of Geforce Experience so I proceeded to do DDU to clean everything and then reinstalled Nvidia driver without GE.

Unfortunately, issue persists. I'm attaching another log version in case you have some time to look it, much smaller since I just left the shaders I use.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

I have tried a other ReShade versions such as 1 with SweetFX, 2, 3 and 4.1 with no success, always it closes without any alert/message.

I still haven't tried with another openGL game to confirm if issue is with every openGL instance.

Thanks for the time you've already spent.

Wolfenstein The New Order - CTD 3 weeks 1 day ago #4

Turns out I've managed to solve it by simply sending to the Recycle Bin this dll mentioned in the log: NvCameraWhitelisting64.dll.

Weird thing is that even after DDU and reinstalling Nvidia driver without GE, it still created this dll inside this folder:
"C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvmii.inf_amd64_1f53b5411c088ea5\NvCamera\"

Even the folder was created, so this is not some trash that was left from previous installations.

Any idea what this dll does? Maybe ReShade could blacklist if it just messes up things.

Wolfenstein The New Order - CTD 3 weeks 1 day ago #5

Like I said, that is part of FreeStyle. You have a DCH driver, not a standard one, which can only install files to the DriverStore, hence why the files are there and not in Program Files.
Cheers, crosire =)