Reshade not compatible with Prepar3D V5

• fly_EDDS
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 13 hours ago #1 by fly_EDDS Reshade not compatible with Prepar3D V5 was created by fly_EDDS
Hi, it seems that Reshade doesn't work anymore in Prepar3D version 5.
In Prepar3D v4 I got it to work by using an old version of reshade (3.1.2) and disabling magicbloom.fx.
Now in Prepar3D v5, Reshade V3.1.2 doesn't load up at all, while reshade V4.x causes a black screen followed by artefacts, mouse delays etc:

[img

Any ideas are highly appreciated :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sethos
More
4 years 13 hours ago #2 by Sethos Replied by Sethos on topic Reshade not compatible with Prepar3D V5
Yup, can confirm that the latest version(s) of ReShade does not work with the new Prepar3D v5, which is now DirectX 12. Seems to create this magical portal where everything is being mirrored and stuck on screen. At no point can you even see the sim running, just the ReShade window and your mouse going crazy in the corner.

• firetim
More
3 years 11 months ago #3 by firetim Replied by firetim on topic Reshade not compatible with Prepar3D V5
Hi Guys I got Reshade to work at least the Menu Part......
i'm a novice at reshade so when you quick start up it says that its loading shaders but it doesn't work pass that (500 shaders)
I don't think I have that many shades I could be wrong
it's version v3.3.2 I don't know how to navigate pass that
I've tried pressing home but nothing still i'll keep you posted with any luck it's
dx10 but not sure what the hot key for this version
regards -Tim

• flybird_nair
More
3 years 11 months ago #4 by flybird_nair Replied by flybird_nair on topic Reshade not compatible with Prepar3D V5
Hey all any update on the fix? I just did my upgrade to P3D V5 yesterday and that's when I realised Reshade is not compatible with Prepar3D V5.

• Adamski_NZ
More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #5 by Adamski_NZ Replied by Adamski_NZ on topic XPlane 11 not working with reshade.
Reshade v478.0.846 (latest as of posting) and P3Dv5 with Hotfix2 works! Select DX12 when running the Reshade installer.

See here ...
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Adamski_NZ.

• airone
More
3 years 8 months ago #6 by airone Replied by airone on topic XPlane 11 not working with reshade.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.