ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch

• user14
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #1 by user14 ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch was created by user14
Update
It seems like the issue is with Nvidia video cards specifically on Windows 7 and 8.1; Windows 10 doesn't appear to be having this issue. If it's not working on Windows 10, try upgrading to Nvidia driver 456.71 or later if you haven't already. Another possible solution is to remove the _ptr_ folder in the WoW directory if you have it.

As of 12/22/2020, ReShade still isn't working with Windows 7. The only solution so far seems to be to upgrade to Windows 10 or use a dedicated Windows 10 partition/drive when loading up WoW.

I've been using ReShade in World of Warcraft since about 2017 without issue but the recent pre-expansion patch is causing some kind of incompatibility and I can't start up the application with it anymore. A web search didn't return much about this specifically so I thought I'd start a topic here to see if others have ran into this too.

I haven't updated ReShade at all until now so the previous version was at least 3 years old. Once the game patch was applied, I received a critical error (#132) which usually points to a set of cache files being corrupt or graphics card drivers needing to be updated so I tried both and many other solutions but it had no effect.

Eventually I found that dxgi.dll from the ReShade install was causing the problem. The game runs without issue when ReShade is uninstalled but it's too much of a visual downgrade for me without it. I updated my ReShade install to version 4.7.0 to try and resolve the problem but it returns a different error. Now, when I try to start the game up, the follow error message appears: "Your 3D accelerator card is not supported by World of Warcraft. For more information please see ..."

I tried setting it to directX 11, renaming dxgi.dll to d3d12.dll (returns error #132 again when this is tried), using Reshade versions 4.3 and 4.6, and a few other things without any luck. As soon as I remove ReShade or just dxgi.dll, everything works like normal. Does anyone have an idea as to what the issue could be?

My graphics card is a GeForce GTX 1070 with updated drivers on Windows 7 64 bit.
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by user14. Reason: Updated with possible root causes and solutions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: theGreatZamboni

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Papito
More
3 years 6 months ago #2 by Papito Replied by Papito on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
Having same issue. Using 4.7 which supports Dx12. Game loads fine but ReShade will not load no matter what. Tried everything you did. The wow.exe must be blocking the DLL.
Would love to get it working again. I had the graphics looking so darn good, now trying to play Shadowlands pre-patch is horrifying.
I at least wish you could remove all the damn "fog" in WoW including all the fuzzy bloom effects.
Why Blizz why! Just another way to ruin WoW even more.

• Shodan
More
3 years 6 months ago #3 by Shodan Replied by Shodan on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
Same issue here, latest reshade, but no errors. Reshade simply doesn't load. Didn't work with the public test server before, either. They did make changes in the grafic engine to support raytracing (optional), but I'm not an expert. Any help highly appreciated!

• Talason
More
3 years 6 months ago #4 by Talason Replied by Talason on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
please fix!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gotthemshaders

• Gundor
More
3 years 6 months ago #5 by Gundor Replied by Gundor on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
Hi,

I had the problem, I uninstalled Ptr version (_ptr_ folder), cancelled auto BN re-installation. No longer problem. Reshade works fine :

• superman1297
More
3 years 6 months ago #6 by superman1297 Replied by superman1297 on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
Same issue nothing is working for me either. I never had the PTR installed so that didn't fix my issue.

• Rich
More
3 years 6 months ago #7 by Rich Replied by Rich on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
Same issue for me. Never had PTR either. I'm using Dx11 (Legacy), I've tried with both 3.0.8 that I used before this patch, and 4.7.0 (latest).

• Rich
More
3 years 6 months ago #8 by Rich Replied by Rich on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
Can you provide some more details? Like what version of reShade are you running, what .exe (name and what directory/path) ?

• superman1297
More
3 years 6 months ago #9 by superman1297 Replied by superman1297 on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
I've tried the various version 4.3, 4.6, 4.7. As well as DX11 and DX12.

• theGreatZamboni
More
3 years 6 months ago #10 by theGreatZamboni Replied by theGreatZamboni on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
Having trouble as well. No matter what I do reshade will not launch with WoW Shadowlands Prepatch

• Rich
More
3 years 6 months ago #11 by Rich Replied by Rich on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
...bump

• Shodan
More
3 years 6 months ago #12 by Shodan Replied by Shodan on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
Gundor: Could You post your log, please?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rich

• Rich
More
3 years 6 months ago #13 by Rich Replied by Rich on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
I literally cant play without this. Game looks like shit without reshade..

• Rich
More
3 years 6 months ago #14 by Rich Replied by Rich on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
Any fix yet??

• user14
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #15 by user14 Replied by user14 on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
I also never had the PTR so that wasn't it for me. I tried adjusting some of my options in the NVIDIA Control Panel and turning off any extra features tied to the graphics card like gamma correction, trilinear optimization, etc. but no luck so far.

Is everyone else also getting the "Your 3D accelerator card is not supported by World of Warcraft" error on startup or are some also seeing error #132? It seems like dxgi.dll is incompatible with the latest Wow.exe but I wonder if that depends on the video card or something else. We know it's working for some at least thanks to Gundor's screenshot above.

I'm also finding it hard to play without ReShade. The game looks so blurry and dated without it.

• Shodan
More
3 years 6 months ago #16 by Shodan Replied by Shodan on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
No solution yet. In case Ýou haven't tried it yet. NVIDIA's driver sharpening function in the 3-d section works. I use this for now.

• Rich
More
3 years 6 months ago #17 by Rich Replied by Rich on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
I had the issue with "3D acceleration not supported" before, I had to switch from Dx11 to Dx11 (Legacy). But ReShade still worked. This was back in july. Now, I can't even get it to start up. Shift+2 or Home doesnt even open it.

• Rich
More
3 years 6 months ago #18 by Rich Replied by Rich on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
Wish Gundor would post some more and not just "it works"

• Gundor
More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #19 by Gundor Replied by Gundor on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
I'm using windows 10 2004 update.

Nvidia Geforce 1070 with lastest DCH drivers : 456.71 with directX12.

WoW is installed on Nvme SSD.

Nothing else, no Nvidia bloatware stuff like telemetry and xperience shit. Just Drivers.

Here is my last dxi.log :

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Gundor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shodan, Rich

• Shodan
More
3 years 6 months ago #20 by Shodan Replied by Shodan on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
To Gundor: Thanks a lot! To my shame it was the driver. I was so sure, I used the latest one already...
So, 456.71 with dx 12 works for me also.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rich

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.