ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch

• Rich
More
3 years 6 months ago #21 by Rich Replied by Rich on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
Glad to hear! Unfortunately, I suppose I am shit out of luck, because I'm using windows 8.1 so I can't have Dx12 :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• user14
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #22 by user14 Replied by user14 on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
Thanks Gundor. I'm also using a Nvidia Geforce 1070 with the latest 456.71 drivers but I'm on Windows 7. The operating system might be what's causing the issue. When I get a chance, I'll try a Windows 10 environment and report back.

Rich, I think Dx12 has been working on Windows 7 and 8 since March of 2019 for WoW based on what they mention here: us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/world-of...-on-windows-7/121409

I was able to play since that time with ReShade no problem. It looks like the most recent updates caused some kind of incompatibility though for the older operating systems. It could get fixed at some point with a patch.

Thanks for the tip on that Nvidia sharpening function Shodan. It looks a huge amount better with Sharpen 1.00, ignore film grain 1.00.

• user14
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #23 by user14 Replied by user14 on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
Nevermind, I didn't read closely enough. That's for Windows 7 only it looks like.

• Rich
More
3 years 6 months ago #24 by Rich Replied by Rich on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
I mean the game is still compatible with dx11 and dx12, and surely it must be possible to have reshade work towards dx11 again?

• Rich
More
3 years 6 months ago #25 by Rich Replied by Rich on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
100.000 gold to the one who can fix this (EU servers)

• csy6550
More
3 years 6 months ago #26 by csy6550 Replied by csy6550 on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
same problems here .
it was all good before 9.01.....
need help also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Rich
More
3 years 6 months ago #27 by Rich Replied by Rich on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
i'm increasing this reward to 120.000 to whoever can fix this fucking shit

• csy6550
More
3 years 6 months ago #28 by csy6550 Replied by csy6550 on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
i think its reshade need update sometings for WOW9.01 ...
but reshade its not only for WOW ....so its hard for waitfing reshade update it .....

• bwooster
More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #29 by bwooster Replied by bwooster on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
Haven't tried it on Win 8.1 but on my latest Win 10 v2004 with at least Nvidia latest driver 456.71 with both official Reshade 4.7.0 and mod version all DX11 legacy, DX11 and DX12 worked fine with Reshade.

UPDATE
Just tested WOW 9.0.1 on a laptop using onboard Intel graphics with Windows 8.1 and WOW set to DX11 running Reshade 4.7.0 and that also worked perfectly.
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by bwooster. Reason: update

• csy6550
More
3 years 6 months ago #30 by csy6550 Replied by csy6550 on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
Haven't tried it on Win 8.1 but on my latest Win 10 v2004 with at least Nvidia latest driver 456.71 with both official Reshade 4.7.0 and mod version all DX11 legacy, DX11 and DX12 worked fine with Reshade.

UPDATE
Just tested WOW 9.0.1 on a laptop using onboard Intel graphics with Windows 8.1 and WOW set to DX11 running Reshade 4.7.0 and that also worked perfectly.

hmmm.......
i am using windows10 with WOW set DX11 running Reshade ..not working

• user14
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #31 by user14 Replied by user14 on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
I just set up Windows 10 on a separate hard drive, installed the latest Nvidia 456.71 drivers and installed ReShade 4.7 to my original WoW directory. It worked without issue. I switched back to my Windows 7 hard drive and the same issue as before occurred.

So it seems that it's the operating system after all.

It may be specifically for Nvidia video cards though since bwooster was able to get it working on Windows 8.1 with onboard Intel graphics.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bwooster, csy6550

• csy6550
More
3 years 6 months ago #32 by csy6550 Replied by csy6550 on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
okļ¼Œthe topic is fin ....
i fix it too....

• Rich
More
3 years 6 months ago #33 by Rich Replied by Rich on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
Topic is far from .fin - I'm using w8.1 and Nvidia (GTX 970) explain to me please how I can get reshade working again with Dx 11 (Legacy) settings?

• Rich
More
3 years 6 months ago #34 by Rich Replied by Rich on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
omg it does work. God bless <3

• Rich
More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #35 by Rich Replied by Rich on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
I'm now on and testing, and while I can confirm it does work for me, i'm noticing differences from before. I was using 3.0.8 before (as suggested by the preset author) and now, reshade launches but fails to enable (i was not able to copy-paste error log, but it said warning X3570: gradient instruction used in a loop with varying iteration, forcing loop to unroll" (repeating ofc)

followed by:
warning x3206: implicit truncation of vector type"
warning x4000: use of potentially uninitialized variable (F_GetDepth)
warning x3556: Integer divides may be much slower, try using uints if possible
error x3082: int or unsigned int typ required
error x300: syntax error unknown

Now TL;DR - old reshade isnt working, while with 4.0.7 it launches and enables fine; however: it looks different from before. I'm just starting testing now but i'm immediately noticing a lack of sharpness and decrease in overall colour depth. Could it be that the preset i'm using is trying to utilize effect packages that are not in 4.0.7? At the same time, from what i'm seeing (i'm a noob here) 4.0.7 has a lot more effect packages - I select all (including Legacy Standard) and download all files, it seems to me that the newer version should include all that the prev. did?
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Rich.

• Rich
More
3 years 6 months ago #36 by Rich Replied by Rich on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
Update again (yes i'm spamming this thread)

I was able to resolve it, seems there was modules missing from legacy standard.

So far everything seems fine (some fps decrease but that was expected and it's worth the cost). Will update/spam again whenever I notice something else, this thread is my blog now ;)

• Kiritos
More
3 years 6 months ago #37 by Kiritos Replied by Kiritos on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
Hi. Please help, how to solve the problem?

Windows 7
Last WOW client (prepatch)
set DX11
Last Reshade 4.7.0...not working

• user14
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #38 by user14 Replied by user14 on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
Unfortunately, no solution for Windows 7 has turned up yet. Maybe something will come up or get fixed in a future patch but, for now, the only solution is to upgrade to Windows 10.

• user14
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #39 by user14 Replied by user14 on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
I'm glad to hear you got it working Rich. What was the solution? Are you still using dx11 legacy on Windows 8.1?

• Kiritos
More
3 years 5 months ago #40 by Kiritos Replied by Kiritos on topic ReShade no longer working with World of Warcraft Shadowlands prepatch
Still no solution:( :(

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.