X4: Foundations - Depth Buffer Access

• svankies
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 1 month ago #1 by svankies X4: Foundations - Depth Buffer Access was created by svankies
Hey Guys,

i am trying to get Reshade 5.0.2 (w/ addons enabled) to work with X4: Foundations (Vulkan), including depth buffer shaders, like rtgi.
Unfortunately, no joy, as there seems to be no depth buffer access.

In this thread, a dev commented that some parts of the depth buffer are being cleared by the end of the frame: forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=431741 .
Following the logic of this post here: reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/7647...-clearing-for-vulkan the problem with the depth buffer access should be solved with the "copy_depth_buffer_before_clear_operations"-option checked, however, no such luck.

When using the shader: displaydepth and copy_buffer checked, there is only a purple/white picture, no matter which draw call is selected.
When using displaydepth w/out copy depth buffer, some objects are rendered on the left hand side, but not all of them .
Ive posted the pictures on discord: discordapp.com/channels/5862425537460305...6/950120828824059904

The global settings do not have any effects, ive enabled all of them, disabled them, no matter.
AA is obviously disabled.

Can somebody help me? I tried troubleshooting with discord, but to no avail.

Id even sponsor a copy of the game if one of the devs will try to tackle this issue :-).

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
2 years 3 weeks ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic X4: Foundations - Depth Buffer Access
Likely improved by github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/373b60...332488f80decc03ea5f8 , which is in the next update (ReShade 5.1).

• jebbyk
More
2 years 2 days ago #3 by jebbyk Replied by jebbyk on topic X4: Foundations - Depth Buffer Access
no luck with ReShade 5.1.0 :-(

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.