Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Path of Exile [??]

Path of Exile [??] 2 years 2 months ago #1

Hello,

Just wanted to tell that Reshade and SweetFX seems not to work on Path Of Exile. As the game is free maybe someone from the devs could check why it is not working? No greeting text, nothing at all. Tried with different version of SweetFX but nothing. According to my OSD, the game is using D3D9.

Please help
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Path of Exile [??] 2 years 2 months ago #2

  • Kleio420
  • Kleio420's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 228
  • Thank you received: 28
pr0cesor wrote:
Hello,

Just wanted to tell that Reshade and SweetFX seems not to work on Path Of Exile. As the game is free maybe someone from the devs could check why it is not working? No greeting text, nothing at all. Tried with different version of SweetFX but nothing. According to my OSD, the game is using D3D9.

Please help
do you know if the game is 32bit or 64bit , try doing that and just to see if it works change the direct x version see if it works then
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barduk

Path of Exile [??] 2 years 2 months ago #3

Try to inject Reshade via ENBinjector, that works for me. You'll need to edit enbinjector.ini to

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barduk

Path of Exile [??] 2 years 2 months ago #4

SpinelessJelly wrote:
Try to inject Reshade via ENBinjector, that works for me. You'll need to edit enbinjector.ini to

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Sorry If I may ask how can I do that? where exactly do I have to put the reshade32.dll in this case? I would like to point out this post to clarify whenever you can combine Reshade and ENBinjector or not: www.facebook.com/MartyMcModding/posts/798179196886702
ReShade is out! To clarify a few things:

- I am not ReShade's author, it's Crosire
- CeeJay.dk is also not the author, he is the author of SweetFX for which ReShade is mainly done
- ReShade is ONLY the DLL file, not the shaders
- which means that without additional shaders, you can't do anything with ReShade
- You cannot combine it with ENB (which is senseless btw). Well, I can do that but it's impractical

Can you describe me step by step please?

@Kleio420
I am on win8 x64, the game is from steam but I am not sure if its 32 or 64
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by pr0cesor.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Path of Exile [??] 2 years 2 months ago #5

No, I was not talking about an entire ENB suite, only its injector, which you can find here enbdev.com/download_injector_generic.htm. Since Reshade does not hook to the game's .exe I used that method and it worked. You need to put all files (reshade, shaders and injector) in PoE's main folder, edit enbinjector.ini as shown above and launch enbinjector.exe each time before starting the game.

Marty's comment refers to the fact that you cannot inject both an ENB and Reshade at the same time without some serious tweaking and also implies that many shaders are in common among the two techniques, so there's not much of a point in doing so.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barduk

Path of Exile [??] 2 years 2 months ago #6

SpinelessJelly wrote:
No, I was not talking about an entire ENB suite, only its injector, which you can find here enbdev.com/download_injector_generic.htm. Since Reshade does not hook to the game's .exe I used that method and it worked. You need to put all files (reshade, shaders and injector) in PoE's main folder, edit enbinjector.ini as shown above and launch enbinjector.exe each time before starting the game.

Marty's comment refers to the fact that you cannot inject both an ENB and Reshade at the same time without some serious tweaking and also implies that many shaders are in common among the two techniques, so there's not much of a point in doing so.

Which version of the reshade can I use? the latest with sweetfx 2.0?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Path of Exile [??] 2 years 2 months ago #7

  • crosire
  • crosire's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2782
  • Thank you received: 1584
pr0cesor wrote:
Which version of the reshade can I use? the latest with sweetfx 2.0?
Doesn't matter which shaders you want to use. ReShade is the same in the three download options.
Cheers, crosire =)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Path of Exile [??] 2 years 2 months ago #8

crosire wrote:
pr0cesor wrote:
Which version of the reshade can I use? the latest with sweetfx 2.0?
Doesn't matter which shaders you want to use. ReShade is the same in the three download options.

Then you maybe need to tell me what I am doing wrong because the advice that the brother in the previous page gave me is not working. Here is where everything in my PoE folder located



So after running the ENB first and then the game nothing happens, I don't understand what's wrong.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by pr0cesor.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Path of Exile [??] 2 years 2 months ago #9

@ pr0cesor: You need to activate the shaders before any change becomes visible. In the case of SweetFX you need to edit SweetFX_settings.txt. Turn on some of the more conspicuous shaders (for example the ASCII one by changing the "#define USE_ASCII" line value from 0 to 1) and you should see the results immediately. There is a large number of settings to play around with so have fun (my usual ones include smaa, sharpening, liftgammagain, tonemapping, vibrance and curves). You can do that by alt-tabbing in and out of the game too, so you can check the results immediately.
I was using version 0.18.4 of Reshade with Framework, but in an isometric game like PoE you'll mostly need SweetFX so that should be ok.

@Crosire: Something about the new forums layout: linked words are not highlighted. The word "Enbinjector" in my first comment was linked to Boris' page but that was not evident, not certain that you want it that way.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by SpinelessJelly.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Path of Exile [??] 2 years 2 months ago #10

SpinelessJelly wrote:
@ pr0cesor: You need to activate the shaders before any change becomes visible. In the case of SweetFX you need to edit SweetFX_settings.txt. Turn on some of the more conspicuous shaders (for example the ASCII one by changing the "#define USE_ASCII" line value from 0 to 1) and you should see the results immediately. There is a large number of settings to play around with so have fun (my usual ones include smaa, sharpening, liftgammagain, tonemapping, vibrance and curves). You can do that by alt-tabbing in and out of the game too, so you can check the results immediately.
I was using version 0.18.4 of Reshade with Framework, but in an isometric game like PoE you'll mostly need SweetFX so that should be ok.

I turned on the most conspicuous shaders to see the difference as you proposed but nothing:



I am not new with SweetFX and I can see perfectly the differences whenever the shaders are working or not.
And this is what is in my global settings:
/*----------------------.
  | :: Global Settings :: |
  '----------------------*/

#define ReShade_ToggleKey        VK_F11    //Set the key that should toggle the effects On/Off
#define ReShade_DepthToggleKey   VK_MULTIPLY  //Set the key to toggle the depth view On/Off

#define ReShade_Start_Enabled     1   //[0 or 1] Start with the effects enabled or disabled?

#define ReShade_Screenshot_Format 2   //[1 or 2] Sets the screenshot format (1 = bmp, 2 = png) You can take screenshots by pressing PrintScreen

#define ReShade_ShowToggleMessage 1   //[0 or 1] When enabled a message will show when the effects are toggled.

#define SweetFX_Greeting          1   //[0 or 1] Show the SweetFX greeting text on startup.

// -- Statistics --
#define ReShade_ShowStatistics    0   //[0 or 1] Controls the display of the statistics (fps and timecounters). 0 = off, 1 = on

#define ReShade_ShowClock         0   //[0 or 1] Show a clock
#define ReShade_ShowFPS           0   //[0 or 1] Show the FPS

Next advice please.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by pr0cesor.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Path of Exile [??] 2 years 2 months ago #11

Just tried with v0.19.2 and everything works fine.

Here's a screencap with the Nostalgia shader on:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


Do you run other programs that might interfere? Things like FRAPS, MSI, Nvidia stuff etc? Steam overlay shouldn't be a problem. Also: do you see the Reshade welcome message while the game loads?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Path of Exile [??] 2 years 2 months ago #12

SpinelessJelly wrote:
Just tried with v0.19.2 and everything works fine.

Here's a screencap with the Nostalgia shader on:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


Do you run other programs that might interfere? Things like FRAPS, MSI, Nvidia stuff etc? Steam overlay shouldn't be a problem. Also: do you see the Reshade welcome message while the game loads?

o.O maybe my reshade version is out of date. ? I am using MSI but it does not interfere with the other games I am using with reshade. The other games work fine, only PoE. And for the question about reshade welcome message no it does not appear at all.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by pr0cesor.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Path of Exile [??] 2 years 2 months ago #13

I downloaded the latest reshade but still the same. :angry: :(

I don't know what is going on ;(

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


Maybe you can help me over skype or something teamspeak? give me you steam id I will add you so that we can talk.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by pr0cesor.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Path of Exile [??] 2 years 2 months ago #14

Just noticed you have two .exe's that I do not: "Client.exe" and "PathOfExile.exe" Don't really know why is that, but have you tried linking the injector to those?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Path of Exile [??] 2 years 2 months ago #15

SpinelessJelly wrote:
Just noticed you have two .exe's that I do not: "Client.exe" and "PathOfExile.exe" Don't really know why is that, but have you tried linking the injector to those?

Not working
[LIBRARY]
LibraryName=Reshade32.dll

[TARGETPROCESS]
ProcessName0=PathOfExileSteam.exe
ProcessName1=Client.exe
ProcessName2=PathOfExile.exe
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Path of Exile [??] 2 years 2 months ago #16

Can't think of anything else. There's evidently some other program or condition that stops Reshade from being injected - I'm using Windows 7 64bit, maybe Windows 8 has something to do with it?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Path of Exile [??] 2 years 2 months ago #17

SpinelessJelly wrote:
Can't think of anything else. There's evidently some other program or condition that stops Reshade from being injected - I'm using Windows 7 64bit, maybe Windows 8 has something to do with it?

Probably, I am using windows 8.1. The funny thing is that it is not working only for PoE. For the other games I have it is working perfectly.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Path of Exile [??] 2 years 2 months ago #18

  • JBeckman
  • JBeckman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 212
  • Thank you received: 50
You could try to download the Steam version and see if that enables compatibility since it seems you have the stand-alone version currently, I have not tried ReShade with PoE but GeDoSaTo works perfectly to downsample it so I'm assuming ReShade should be compatible as well, besides the online part where depth buffer related effects will be disabled.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Path of Exile [??] 2 years 2 months ago #19

Heya just wanted to thank you guys for the tip with the enbinjector. It worked for me!
Oh and I also used the steam version, so if the other client won't work a switch might be a good thing to try out.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Barduk.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Path of Exile [??] 2 years 2 months ago #20

JBeckman wrote:
You could try to download the Steam version and see if that enables compatibility since it seems you have the stand-alone version currently, I have not tried ReShade with PoE but GeDoSaTo works perfectly to downsample it so I'm assuming ReShade should be compatible as well, besides the online part where depth buffer related effects will be disabled.

Dude I don't want to be rude but if you read carefully the whole post you would notice that I am using the steam version of the game, it's even on the folders screen.

Why the topic is marked solved? it's not solved at all.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2