Color Look Up Table - AMAZING! D3D11 not working!

• Ganossa
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #21 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Color Look Up Table - AMAZING! D3D11 not working!
The TuningColorLUTDstTexture value has quotation marks by default.

In this picture of you it still had

www.avsforum.com/forum/139-display-calib...ws.html#post36239690

Maybe you lost them in the process ;-)

For 64x64x64 or rather 4096x64 you can adjust the TuningColorLUTNorm to float2(1.0/4096.0,1.0/64.0).
Also the texture size is yet static so you will (for now) need to find and change the following line in the TuningPalette.h shader file:

texture ColorLUTDstTex < string source = "ReShade/CustomFX/Textures/" TuningColorLUTDstTexture; > {Width = 4096; Height = 64; Format = RGBA8;};

I didn't need to use that myself yet so cannot say it works right away.

If it still does not work? I might need to try it myself. Could you give me the 4096x64 LUT you have for testing?
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Ganossa.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #22 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Color Look Up Table - AMAZING! D3D11 not working!
Here's the 64x64x64 3DLUT - dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93831976/ColorLookupTable2.png

Please let me know if anything is wrong with it!

EDIT: 64x64x64 3DLUT worked when I made the following 3 changes:

1. TuningPalette.h - changed line "float4 ColorLUTDst = float4((original.rg*15f+0.5f)*TuningColorLUTNorm,o riginal.b*15,original.w);" to "float4 ColorLUTDst = float4((original.rg*63f+0.5f)*TuningColorLUTNorm,o riginal.b*63,original.w)

2. TuningPalette.h - changed line "texture ColorLUTDstTex < string source = "ReShade/CustomFX/Textures/" TuningColorLUTDstTexture; > {Width = 256; Height = 16; Format = RGBA8;}" to "texture ColorLUTDstTex < string source = "ReShade/CustomFX/Textures/" TuningColorLUTDstTexture; > {Width = 4096; Height = 64; Format = RGBA8;}"

3. CustomFX_settings.cfg - changed line "#define TuningColorLUTNorm float2(1.0/256.0,1.0/16.0) //[undef] //-Texture size", to "#define TuningColorLUTNorm float2(1.0/256.0,1.0/16.0)" with "float2(1.0/4096.0,1.0/64.0)")" <-- this can be done within Framework Mediator also

I assume 64x64x64 3DLUT is more accurate than 16x16x16 3DLUT?
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by MonarchX.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 8 months ago #23 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Color Look Up Table - AMAZING! D3D11 not working!
Right, forgot to mention step1.

It kind of is more accurate but depending a lot on the color correction algorithms used. First of all, any resolution will give you full 8 bit color depth back.
If you have algorithms that equally change color values (most do; e.g. all red values multiplied by x1.5) 16x16x16 is always accurate enough cause it interpolates between individual slots. However, if you want very specific changes to very narrow color values, then higher accuracy pays off (say ONLY changing red value of 120 to some new value).

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #24 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Color Look Up Table - AMAZING! D3D11 not working!
With new ReShade Framework 1.0, things have changed - its much easier now! I did no edit any files, but I used Mediator, went into CustomFX tab, then selected TuningPalette, and simply set TuningLUTColorAmountX to 4096 and Y to 64 within Mediator. I made no other changes. 64x64x64 3DLUT loads, but I wanted to make sure its loading proper 64x64x64 settings. Is it? Or do I have to edit some files?
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by MonarchX.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 8 months ago #25 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Color Look Up Table - AMAZING! D3D11 not working!
Yes, in theory it should load properly now but I did not test myself yet.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.