Depth buffer detection modifications

• conan2k
More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #261 by conan2k Replied by conan2k on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote:

conan2k wrote: 4) Splinter Cell: Conviction
No matter what settings are selected, the retrieved depth map is always empty (black). I've double-checked that AA is disabled everywhere. Could it be that something else is blocking the depth buffer access in this game?

Did you disable "Dynamic Ambient Occlusion" setting?

Yes, "Dynamic Ambient Occlusion" is disabled. I've actually tried turning on/off different in-game settings but no matter what you do and how you change "Before clearing" settings in the ReShade, the depth map is always black.

I've even started to think that the ReShade is mistakenly blocking the depth buffer access in this game. So, just to be on a safe side, I've blocked the game in the Firewall (it's not an online game but who knows?). It didn't help though...
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by conan2k.
The topic has been locked.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #262 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Hi ! Here are two new dlls. Could you test if it fix the source engine games, as well as L4D2 and HL2 ? Could you please also restes The Witcher 1 and others... By advance, thks a lot :)

d3d9_32bits.zip
d3d9_64bits.zip
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by thalixte.
  • Uncle Crassius
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #263 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Transparency issues with Styx remain, but it turned out that clearing number 3 instead of four (Flag: 1) prevents flickering. So with Dynamic Lights on low and Distortion turned off, it plays without problems.
  • lowenz
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #264 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: Hi ! Here are two new dlls. Could you test if it fix the source engine games, as well as L4D2 and HL2 ? Could you please also restes The Witcher 1 and others... By advance, thks a lot :)

d3d9_32bits.zip
d3d9_64bits.zip

HL2 has the same problem of Dark Messiah and Sin Emergence: in the same scene the depth buffer sometimes is correctly retrieved and sometimes it blanks out (total white or black), depending on the camera relative camera angle/position.

DB Retrieval parameters: fourth+6 OR third+6 (depending on the camera angle/position)
  • lowenz
More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #265 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
HL2 shows some shader corruption:

[img
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by lowenz.
  • lowenz
More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #266 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Halo 2 (Project Cartographer) works fine with none-2 BUT there are some blending issues:

[img

Halo 2 is the kind of game that really needs MXAO (there's no pre-baked AO).
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by lowenz.
  • conan2k
More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #267 by conan2k Replied by conan2k on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: Hi ! Here are two new dlls. Could you test if it fix the source engine games, as well as L4D2 and HL2 ? Could you please also restes The Witcher 1 and others... By advance, thks a lot :)

d3d9_32bits.zip
d3d9_64bits.zip

1) Left 4 Dead 2
No improvement here. "Before clearing" settings, which have been working fine before ("DepthBufferClearingNumber = None" and "DepthBufferClearingFlagNumber = 2"), are now giving this result (it's the same as in the previous build):

Warning: Spoiler!

2) The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
"DepthBufferClearingNumber = None" and "DepthBufferClearingFlagNumber = 2" settings are working fine. But, when you try to change Depth Buffer Retrieval settings to anything else (even to "Post-processing"), the game rendering is broken (missing shadows, depth buffer access is lost completely) to the extent that the game restart is required in order to fix it (i.e. Reload doesn't help). So, it's worse than before.

3) Fallout 3 GotY
"DepthBufferClearingNumber = None" and "DepthBufferClearingFlagNumber = 2" settings are working fine. No change/issues have been noticed in this game.
  • robgrab
More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #268 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I notice strange behavior with these new .dll files in RE4. It seems like there are a lot more settings that give depth buffer access but it stops working as soon as you enter a new area. For example there's an area towards the very end of the game (5-4) with a long corridor of jail cells that has a door at the end which leads to an outdoor area. As soon as I exit through the door the depth buffer goes solid black until I change the number to a different value. If I turn around and head back inside I have the change the number again. Even numbers that didn't previously work in that area will work as long as I change the number to something different than the previous area. I hope I'm not confusing you. I can make a video if you think it'll help.

I switched back to the previous version and it doesn't have this problem. For that version I use:
Before Clearing
Ninth
None

and everything works perfectly except for the same few areas that don't work at all, which I already detailed in an earlier post.
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by robgrab.
  • Chavolatra
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #269 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
my preset for re4hd work fine
sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/9181/
  • shadow85
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #270 by shadow85 Replied by shadow85 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Is anyone here able to fix Reshade+SLi crash for GR:Wildlands?

Reshade 3.06 and 3.07 will crash on launch with 'untrusted file' error. And 3.08 will launch the game but crash at loading screen if SLi is enabled.

Can anyone help fix this issue please?
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #271 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Sorry if it still remains some issues in source engine games and RE4HD. I do not have much time to work on it nowadays, and it is difficult for me to reproduce those issues, because i test games at the beginning.

Here are two dlls you can test. I have not tested it personnally (lack of times), but your feedbacks will help me ;)
d3d9_32bits.zip
d3d9_64bits.zip
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #272 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
@OtisInf: i tested TitanFall2 with your great camera tools. Unfortunately, i cannot reproduce your issues. In my rig, the depth buffer displays correctly, even when i am in camera mod and i pause the time, then disable the pause... have you a specific sequence where the pb occurs ? :)
  • conan2k
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #273 by conan2k Replied by conan2k on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: Sorry if it still remains some issues in source engine games and RE4HD. I do not have much time to work on it nowadays, and it is difficult for me to reproduce those issues, because i test games at the beginning.

Here are two dlls you can test. I have not tested it personnally (lack of times), but your feedbacks will help me ;)
d3d9_32bits.zip
d3d9_64bits.zip

No problem :) You develop and we test -- that's a fair distribution of work as for me :P

Regarding these new DLLs, I see no changes vs. the previous build. I.e. there are still the same issues in Left 4 Dead 2 and The Witcher.
  • jminternelia
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #274 by jminternelia Replied by jminternelia on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote:

thalixte wrote:

lowenz wrote:

thalixte wrote: Hmmm.... I have to get the game to check. Have you tested another retrieval mode ?

Only "first" and "second" are working.
Some levels work with second, some with first (Sarif building), some.....mixed (LOL).

Ok, but what if you use the "at_output_merger_state" mode ?

No results (in DXHR DC)

Did you figure this out? I'm salivating over DoF potential in DXHR.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #275 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
DXHR works on my rig. But i have to disable anti-aliasing in the game settings...
As soon as i can, i send to you my conf.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #276 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

conan2k wrote:

thalixte wrote: Sorry if it still remains some issues in source engine games and RE4HD. I do not have much time to work on it nowadays, and it is difficult for me to reproduce those issues, because i test games at the beginning.

d3d9_32bits.zip
d3d9_64bits.zip

No problem :) You develop and we test -- that's a fair distribution of work as for me :P

Regarding these new DLLs, I see no changes vs. the previous build. I.e. there are still the same issues in Left 4 Dead 2 and The Witcher.

Again, big thk U. There's nothing more frustrating than facing a behaviour i do not understand... is it possible for you to send me a save in L4D2 ?
  • jminternelia
More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #277 by jminternelia Replied by jminternelia on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: DXHR works on my rig. But i have to disable anti-aliasing in the game settings...

That would be fantastic. I did get some progress at getting dof to work, but def send me that config info, as with how I have it now, it does like Arkham Knight and periodically the depth buffer is blank and the effect vanishes.

imgur.com/RaG8slj
imgur.com/SJfTCFZ
imgur.com/FOlMx2o
imgur.com/ck10IC3

Thalixte this is absolutely amazing work. This should absolutely be merged into the main branch (my opinion only). The only other game I really wish this would work for is Ghostbusters, but the game flat out crashes on startup. It's an old dx8 game and something something engine .cpp. Anyway, again, thanks so much for this. Fantastic stuff!
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by jminternelia.
  • robgrab
More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #278 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

I can either send you my RE4 save game files or make a video of the problem showing you what happens. For now I'll be sticking with an older version that doesn't have that issue. I wanted to say thanks again for all your hard work. I will donate some money to you soon for all your hard work.
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by robgrab.
  • conan2k
More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #279 by conan2k Replied by conan2k on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: Again, big thk U. There's nothing more frustrating than facing a behaviour i do not understand... is it possible for you to send me a save in L4D2 ?

There is no need in a save in L4D2. Just select "Single Player" and you'll be able to choose from different campaigns and levels. L4D2 screenshots I'm attaching are from the very beginning of "Dead Center" campaign (1st level).

But, in general, I can of course send you logs, crash logs, saves, etc. from other games if will be needed. I.e. any help you might need, just name it :)

On the other note, I've tried to compare depth maps retrieved by the old build 64 (the one that seemed to work fine) and the new build 85. And, now I see that the depth map retrieved by the build 64 doesn't look as 100% correct (but it was "stable" and allowed to apply MXAO and DOF). The given behavior is consistent across different levels and campaigns.

Hope these screenshots will help to figure out what's going on in the game:

Warning: Spoiler!
  • lowenz
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #280 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: DXHR works on my rig. But i have to disable anti-aliasing in the game settings...

Can we have the lastest D3D11/DXGI implementations (32/64) to test?
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.