Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: DX11 depth buffer selection save setting

DX11 depth buffer selection save setting 3 months 1 day ago #1

In GTA V using Reshade Overlay Settings I need to go to the DX11 tab and select the 5th depth buffer to make MXAO work.

How can I save that buffer selection setting?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AssassinsDecree

DX11 depth buffer selection save setting 2 months 4 weeks ago #2

Would love to know the answer too. Similar situation with Steep.

DX11 depth buffer selection save setting 1 month 3 weeks ago #3

Looks like MXAO got a new version which works better reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/4393-quint

DX11 depth buffer selection save setting 1 month 3 weeks ago #4

Shady wrote:
In GTA V using Reshade Overlay Settings I need to go to the DX11 tab and select the 5th depth buffer to make MXAO work.

How can I save that buffer selection setting?

In GTA V (and other games), the depth buffer selection is based on the depth texture address. This address changes at every game restart, so you cannot save it in the config files.

However, there is another way of retrieving the depth buffer, before this one is cleared. In GTA V, it is possible to use it by ticking the "Copy depth before clearing" checkbox. When this mode is enabled, you can also see additional depth buffers by ticking the "Extended depth buffer detection" checkbox.
When you select a depth buffer using the "Copy depth before clearing" option, the parameter is saved and can be retrieved at the next launch.
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by thalixte.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus

DX11 depth buffer selection save setting 1 month 1 week ago #5

The "Copy depth before clearing" and "Extended depth buffer detection" give me other addresses not working in GTA V. But without the checkboxes it is always the first entry in the list. So even if the address changes at every game restart I wish I could save the setting "Choose the first entry in the list"

DX11 depth buffer selection save setting 4 weeks 8 hours ago #6

Shady wrote:
The "Copy depth before clearing" and "Extended depth buffer detection" give me other addresses not working in GTA V. But without the checkboxes it is always the first entry in the list. So even if the address changes at every game restart I wish I could save the setting "Choose the first entry in the list"

Here is what i got in GTA V. Not that MSAA is not enabled in game for this to work (Franklin's mansion):

In the preprocessor options, i set RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED to 1.
Last Edit: 4 weeks 8 hours ago by thalixte.

DX11 depth buffer selection save setting 1 day 3 hours ago #7

I tried that but the "copy and extended" 5th buffer selection I get flicker every second. Without "copy and extended" the first buffer always works without flicker. I wish I could save that setting - choose the first buffer in the list automatically.

DX11 depth buffer selection save setting 11 hours 58 minutes ago #8

Shady wrote:
I tried that but the "copy and extended" 5th buffer selection I get flicker every second. Without "copy and extended" the first buffer always works without flicker. I wish I could save that setting - choose the first buffer in the list automatically.

Strange. it does not flicker in my rig. Maybe a pb with the sync method (vsync or not). I own a gsync mmonitor. Also, do you play online ?