DX11 depth buffer selection save setting

• Shady
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #1 by Shady DX11 depth buffer selection save setting was created by Shady
In GTA V using Reshade Overlay Settings I need to go to the DX11 tab and select the 5th depth buffer to make MXAO work.

How can I save that buffer selection setting?
The following user(s) said Thank You: AssassinsDecree

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AssassinsDecree
More
5 years 9 months ago #2 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic DX11 depth buffer selection save setting
Would love to know the answer too. Similar situation with Steep.

• Shady
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #3 by Shady Replied by Shady on topic DX11 depth buffer selection save setting
Looks like MXAO got a new version which works better reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/4393-quint

• thalixte
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #4 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic DX11 depth buffer selection save setting

Shady wrote: In GTA V using Reshade Overlay Settings I need to go to the DX11 tab and select the 5th depth buffer to make MXAO work.

How can I save that buffer selection setting?

In GTA V (and other games), the depth buffer selection is based on the depth texture address. This address changes at every game restart, so you cannot save it in the config files.

However, there is another way of retrieving the depth buffer, before this one is cleared. In GTA V, it is possible to use it by ticking the "Copy depth before clearing" checkbox. When this mode is enabled, you can also see additional depth buffers by ticking the "Extended depth buffer detection" checkbox.
When you select a depth buffer using the "Copy depth before clearing" option, the parameter is saved and can be retrieved at the next launch.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by thalixte.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus, Dany Gee

• Shady
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #5 by Shady Replied by Shady on topic DX11 depth buffer selection save setting
The "Copy depth before clearing" and "Extended depth buffer detection" give me other addresses not working in GTA V. But without the checkboxes it is always the first entry in the list. So even if the address changes at every game restart I wish I could save the setting "Choose the first entry in the list"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jesped

• thalixte
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #6 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic DX11 depth buffer selection save setting

Shady wrote: The "Copy depth before clearing" and "Extended depth buffer detection" give me other addresses not working in GTA V. But without the checkboxes it is always the first entry in the list. So even if the address changes at every game restart I wish I could save the setting "Choose the first entry in the list"

Here is what i got in GTA V. Not that MSAA is not enabled in game for this to work (Franklin's mansion):

[img

In the preprocessor options, i set RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED to 1.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by thalixte.

• Shady
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #7 by Shady Replied by Shady on topic DX11 depth buffer selection save setting
I tried that but the "copy and extended" 5th buffer selection I get flicker every second. Without "copy and extended" the first buffer always works without flicker. I wish I could save that setting - choose the first buffer in the list automatically.

• thalixte
More
5 years 6 months ago #8 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic DX11 depth buffer selection save setting

Shady wrote: I tried that but the "copy and extended" 5th buffer selection I get flicker every second. Without "copy and extended" the first buffer always works without flicker. I wish I could save that setting - choose the first buffer in the list automatically.

Strange. it does not flicker in my rig. Maybe a pb with the sync method (vsync or not). I own a gsync mmonitor. Also, do you play online ?

• Shady
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #9 by Shady Replied by Shady on topic DX11 depth buffer selection save setting
It is GTA V online with gsync monitor and nvidia gtx 1080ti driver 391.35 set to vsync on.

• thalixte
More
5 years 5 months ago #10 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic DX11 depth buffer selection save setting

Shady wrote: It is GTA V online with gsync monitor and nvidia gtx 1080ti driver 391.35 set to vsync on.

The depth buffer detection only works in offline mode.

• flyynn
More
5 years 5 months ago #11 by flyynn Replied by flyynn on topic DX11 depth buffer selection save setting
is it possible to pick a specific texture to not appear instead of selecting a rang of textures
because i want to remove grass from a specific areas in gta 5

• klotim
More
5 years 5 months ago #12 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic DX11 depth buffer selection save setting

flyynn wrote: is it possible to pick a specific texture to not appear instead of selecting a rang of textures
because i want to remove grass from a specific areas in gta 5

nope

• Jesped
More
4 years 7 months ago #13 by Jesped Replied by Jesped on topic DX11 depth buffer selection save setting

Shady wrote: I tried that but the "copy and extended" 5th buffer selection I get flicker every second. Without "copy and extended" the first buffer always works without flicker. I wish I could save that setting - choose the first buffer in the list automatically.

Exactly the same problem here with Remedy's Control: no mater which "copy and extended" buffer I choose is either not working, flashes, gets lost, gets scrambled (bad depth), etc... but without "copy and extended" is always the first buffer in the list... why isnt there an option to save the selection in this mode based just in the list order?

• thalixte
More
4 years 7 months ago #14 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic DX11 depth buffer selection save setting

Jesped wrote:

Exactly the same problem here with Remedy's Control: no mater which "copy and extended" buffer I choose is either not working, flashes, gets lost, gets scrambled (bad depth), etc... but without "copy and extended" is always the first buffer in the list... why isnt there an option to save the selection in this mode based just in the list order?

Of course, there is. What is the content of your Reshade.ini file ?

• Jesped
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #15 by Jesped Replied by Jesped on topic DX11 depth buffer selection save setting
It's not the first option, but the fifth. I start the game and select the fifth option:

Close the game and my dxgi.ini looks like this:
[DX11_BUFFER_DETECTION]
DepthBufferRetrievalMode=0
DepthBufferMoreCopies=1
DepthBufferTextureFormat=0
ExtendedDepthBufferDetection=1
DepthBufferClearingNumber=0

Start the game again and in the menus there is only one option available, and none selected:

Once inside the game itself all options appear, but none is selected:
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Jesped.

• thalixte
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #16 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic DX11 depth buffer selection save setting

Jesped wrote: It's not the first option, but the fifth. I start the game and select the fifth option:

Close the game and my dxgi.ini looks like this:
[DX11_BUFFER_DETECTION]
DepthBufferRetrievalMode=0
DepthBufferMoreCopies=1
DepthBufferTextureFormat=0
ExtendedDepthBufferDetection=1
DepthBufferClearingNumber=0

Start the game again and in the menus there is only one option available, and none selected:

Once inside the game itself all options appear, but none is selected:

Ok,i see. So, it happens that you use the standard depth buffer detection mode. This one displays depth buffer textures by address, so you cannot save this address in the settings, because it will change every time you will restart the game. I suggest you to try the «save depth buffer before it is cleared » mode. If the auto detect does not work with this mode, you can tick one entry in the list, and the index of this entry will be saved.
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by thalixte.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dany Gee

• Jesped
More
4 years 7 months ago #17 by Jesped Replied by Jesped on topic DX11 depth buffer selection save setting
That's what I meant. This is the only mode with a valid Depth buffer.
If I tick the «Copy depth buffer before it is cleared » none of the 20+ Depth buffers listed work ok. Some of them work for a while, but at some point they start to glitch or just disappear and the depth is lost.
It should be easy for Reshade to save the selected Depth buffer based on the order of the list (the fifth, the first or whichever) instead of the address.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shady

• thalixte
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #18 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic DX11 depth buffer selection save setting

Jesped wrote: That's what I meant. This is the only mode with a valid Depth buffer.
If I tick the «Copy depth buffer before it is cleared » none of the 20+ Depth buffers listed work ok. Some of them work for a while, but at some point they start to glitch or just disappear and the depth is lost.
It should be easy for Reshade to save the selected Depth buffer based on the order of the list (the fifth, the first or whichever) instead of the address.

Have you tested the last dll I uploaded on the "Depth Buffer Detection Modification" thread ? It should work for the dx12 version of the game... Will test it as soon as i can...

• Jesped
More
4 years 7 months ago #19 by Jesped Replied by Jesped on topic DX11 depth buffer selection save setting
You mean this one?

reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/4083...ion?start=1120#35714

Game crashes when finishing loading the level.

• thalixte
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #20 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic DX11 depth buffer selection save setting

Jesped wrote: You mean this one?

reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/4083...ion?start=1120#35714

Game crashes when finishing loading the level.

Yes. It works perfectly for me, and some other users. I think i know what's wrong for you. You have to remove all the Reshade dlls in the game folder before reinstalling it. You should not have d3d11.dll, dxgi.dll or d3d12.dll Reshade dlls in the same folder...

However, you can try this one:
mega.nz/#!K9pUUICK!2s5MPPau1jTF26DoJrwD7yyPkWOFZRUQL0e7GPKfiw8

[img

[img

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.