Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2.0

2.0 3 years 7 months ago #221

That_aint_working42 wrote:
To be honest- I hate reshade 2.0 with passion. Sure, the removal of scrollbars is a good thing, as weel as new effects and improvements to the old ones, but the new mediator menu is just totally crappy in my opinion. It's mutch less intuitive than the one from reshade 1.1, mutch more complicated (more complicated doesn't mean better) and causes astronomical amount of bugs and problems. Seriously, what was the point of changing old menu mediator? Why couldn't you just add these new features without changing it?

I honesty agree, although Assistant-related efforts are separate from ReShade 2.0, which I love now that the bugs I experienced were fixed. I kept posting and telling that they are trying too hard to create some kind of modern UI with smooth effects, etc. Who cares for that? I would prefer a rectangular box with several tabs, one for profiles, one for presets, one for shaders, one for values, and standard Windows colors (not black and orange mediator colors). This program has the type of UI that would work great for ReShade:
The topic has been locked.

2.0 3 years 7 months ago #222

There won't be a ReShade Assistant in 3.0 anymore.
Cheers, crosire =)
The topic has been locked.

2.0 3 years 7 months ago #223

Hi great work! Just one thing, ReShade no longer works with Soma, and I mean any ReShade. I've tried the old ones and it get's stuck on this

wglMakeCurrent(FFFFFFFFE1011304, 0000000000010001).
The topic has been locked.

2.0 3 years 7 months ago #224

crosire wrote:
There won't be a ReShade Assistant in 3.0 anymore.

:(

I really like the Assistant/Mediator. Every version has its quirks, people just overreact to new things, lol.

Edit: i just found the 3.0 thread talking about the in game GUI, pretty neat. Hope it comes out as good as the early pics promise :)
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by sajittarius.
The topic has been locked.

2.0 3 years 7 months ago #225

NeverExists wrote:
Hi great work! Just one thing, ReShade no longer works with Soma, and I mean any ReShade. I've tried the old ones and it get's stuck on this

wglMakeCurrent(FFFFFFFFE1011304, 0000000000010001).

The latest version of SOMA GOG Edition works flawlessly with ReShade 2.0.3f1 on my PC.
The topic has been locked.

2.0 3 years 6 months ago #226

Hi.. I was using the legacy version 1.1 for Skyrim with no problem whatsoever. Trying the latest version 2.03..

1) Profile not detected. Starts assistant, add new profile, point the exe to TESV.exe .. Assistant display TESV_Skyrim. Manually duplicate Default folder and renamed to test. Select preset -> point to test folder. Launch Skyrim, profile not found, reverting to default. Even the preview tool cant find profile.

2) This new version have problem with my shortcut with argument. I launch Skyrim via SKSE with -forcesteamunloader to get the memory patch working. I have a potato so the less program running in background the better, including steam. If I ran from shortcut, skyrim opens and crashed right away, v1.1 didnt have this problem.

Its dissappointing to be honest.. I'm not that fluent with coding, but I know my way around window explorer. Manually dropping this into skyrim root folder is a hassle since now the reshade.fx dig deep into reshade -> profile -> preset folder while the old version just directly into 1 folder in.

Heck, I cant even share my preset on Nexus because I cant even get it to work unless I replaced the default preset folder (and screw everyone that download my preset). And the other option is I bundle the .dll and custom tweak the reshade.fx to remove the profile check but I dont want to do that because I still respect your wishes to not have them distributed other then here.

On Win7 in case you wanna asked.
The topic has been locked.

2.0 3 years 6 months ago #227

Has 2.0 been removed from the main site because of the mediator?
The topic has been locked.

2.0 3 years 6 months ago #228

aufkrawall wrote:
Has 2.0 been removed from the main site because of the mediator?

Hmm that's odd indeed. So much work went into creating 2.0 shaders. It's indeed odd the main download reverted back to 1.1.
The topic has been locked.

2.0 3 years 6 months ago #229

It's under Alternative downloads, just scroll down entirely to bottom of the page :-)
<-MB-> ASROCK B450M Pro4 | <-CPU-> AMD Ryzen 2600 | <-RAM-> 16GB (2x8) DDR4 Kingston HyperX Predator 3200Mhz CAS16
<-SSD-> 120GB Kingston HyperX Fury + 512GB Adata XPG SX8200 Pro
<-GPU-> Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 | 23.8" LCD Acer SA240YA
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Qsimil.
The topic has been locked.

2.0 3 years 6 months ago #230

Qsimil wrote:
It's under Alternative downloads, just scroll down entirely to bottom of the page :-)

I saw that, it's just that the official latest release is apparently been switched back to 1.1, which is rather odd, I'd say ;)
The topic has been locked.

2.0 3 years 6 months ago #231

Are there any planned updates / improvements for ReShade 2.0? It works perfectly with every game now, except for DirectX 12 and Vulkan, for which (Vulkan only, not DirectX 12) you were going to release support AFAIK. Will this support come with ReShade 3.0?
The topic has been locked.

2.0 3 years 6 months ago #232

OtisInf wrote:
Qsimil wrote:
It's under Alternative downloads, just scroll down entirely to bottom of the page :-)

I saw that, it's just that the official latest release is apparently been switched back to 1.1, which is rather odd, I'd say ;)
And either I was blind, or there wasn't 2.0 linked as an additional download below when I first looked. :whistle:
Well, 2.0 works fine for me in Hitman (deband filter makes Sapienza even cosier) and in the end it's all about changing values anyway.
tbh, I always wondered why there was so much effort about a UI solution. If you change values in an extra program or in a text editor doesn't really make any difference imho.

Of course, an on the fly live editor via overlay like in 3.0 is very cool. Though most games can be run in windowed mode with reduced resolution which is a good live preview too when changing values in editor.
I know that I sound like a broken record, but I'd rather see some external injection attempts to see if this e.g. improves compatibility with Origin overlay.
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by aufkrawall.
The topic has been locked.

2.0 3 years 6 months ago #233

I have problem with Arma 2 OA. New ReShade don't want work with d3d9.dll. And admins, moderators just ignore my problem.
The topic has been locked.

2.0 3 years 6 months ago #234

Dear Friends

I have a problem with toggle keys, I mean when I enable FXAA, SMAA, Vibrance and use VK_SCROLL to use Reshade everything works without problems. I would like to set toggle key VK_F1 for FXAA, VK_F2 for SMAA. When I launch the game and use VK_SCROLL it's not working anymore. When I hit VK_F1 key FXAA is enabled, but Vibrance is not. When I hit VK_F2 key SMAA is enabled and Vibrance too. Why Vibrance is not enabled, when I hit VK_F1? Is there any possibility to use toggle key for Vibrance? I would like to decide, what I would like to enable during game.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Sincerely
The topic has been locked.

2.0 3 years 6 months ago #235

VAMET wrote:
Dear Friends

I have a problem with toggle keys, I mean when I enable FXAA, SMAA, Vibrance and use VK_SCROLL to use Reshade everything works without problems. I would like to set toggle key VK_F1 for FXAA, VK_F2 for SMAA. When I launch the game and use VK_SCROLL it's not working anymore. When I hit VK_F1 key FXAA is enabled, but Vibrance is not. When I hit VK_F2 key SMAA is enabled and Vibrance too. Why Vibrance is not enabled, when I hit VK_F1? Is there any possibility to use toggle key for Vibrance? I would like to decide, what I would like to enable during game.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Sincerely

Likely due to the packing of effects done by the sweetfx shaders. There's an issue logged for this on the github shader repository (but github is down at the moment so I can't link to it) The workaround you can do is to always enable smaa (which will also enable vibrance) and toggle fxaa when needed. That's the workaround I used in the witcher 3 where I ran into the same problem as you describe.

(edit) this issue: github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/issues/10
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by OtisInf.
The topic has been locked.

2.0 3 years 6 months ago #236

Dear OtisInf

OtisInf wrote:
Likely due to the packing of effects done by the sweetfx shaders. There's an issue logged for this on the github shader repository (but github is down at the moment so I can't link to it) The workaround you can do is to always enable smaa (which will also enable vibrance) and toggle fxaa when needed. That's the workaround I used in the witcher 3 where I ran into the same problem as you describe.

(edit) this issue: github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/issues/10

Thank you for your link. I know that's the workaround, but I sometimes don't want to use SMAA, but want to use FXAA, but I cannot, because of disabled Vibrance.

Sincerely
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by VAMET.
The topic has been locked.

2.0 3 years 6 months ago #237

The download link for Reshade 2.0 from Mediafire is broken. The file is 22 Mb but when extracted it is EMPTY.
The topic has been locked.

2.0 3 years 6 months ago #238

  • Wicked Sick
  • Wicked Sick's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Die young or suffer (Forgive my poor English)
The downloaded file is unpacking fine here.
Finding relief somewhere between a tree's branch and its shade.
The topic has been locked.

2.0 3 years 6 months ago #239

What happened to the ability to just replace the reshade.dlls with just the new ones instead of having to replace the whole shader suite when reshade gets updated? When I replace the dlls only, I get red messages (errors).

specifically:
29/05/2016 09:04:10:712 [01812] | ERROR | Failed to preprocess effect on context 0000000051216E50:

(13, 30): preprocessor error: syntax error: unexpected token '-'
(49, 29): preprocessor error: syntax error: unexpected token '-'
(89, 17): preprocessor error: syntax error: unexpected token '0'
(125, 26): preprocessor error: syntax error: unexpected token '&'
(155, 31): preprocessor error: syntax error: unexpected token '-'
(177, 32): preprocessor error: syntax error: unexpected token '-'


And why does reshade make some emulators using a newer version of opengl crash?
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Sh1nRa358.
The topic has been locked.

2.0 3 years 6 months ago #240

The download for ReShade 2.0.3f1 works fine but AVAST reports a Win32 Malware Gen virus on the ReShadeAssistantPreview.exe.

False positive?
The topic has been locked.