• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 1 month ago #1 by crosire 3.1 was created by crosire
ReShade is alive! This update fixes various crashes and bugs and adds some quality-of-life improvements, most notably a new fast-loading feature, which has been requested since the first 3.0 version came out:
After switching to performance mode ReShade will now load only those effects that are actually enabled in the current preset (starting with the next launch of the game), which should improve loading times significantly. Note: You need to re-save the preset, since some additional information has to be stored for fast-loading to work.
Also, the layout of the technique window has been simplified to make finding stuff easier. Enjoy =).

A big thank you to the contributors: mgziminsky, Kaldaien, CookiePLMonster, bacondither, OtisInf, RobotCaleb

Changelog

3.1.0:
  • Updated dependencies to their latest versions
  • Added support for DXGI 1.5
  • Added fast-loading which only loads effects enabled in the current preset instead of the whole list
  • Added "isinf" and "isnan" intrinsic functions
  • Added some missing "mul" intrinsic overloads
  • Added "press" mode to uniform variables with source set to "key", which sets the value to true only on the frame the key was pressed
    uniform bool wasSpacePressed < source = "key"; mode = "press"; keycode = 0x20; >;
  • Added effect compiler error when encountering multiple textures with the same name but different dimensions (Textures are SHARED across effect files!)
  • Added various command line options to the setup tool for automatic installation
    ReShade_Setup_3.1.0.exe "Game.exe" --api dxgi --headless
  • Added "NoReloadOnInit" option which prevents effect loading during startup
    [GENERAL]
    NoReloadOnInit=1
  • Added message box on first variable modification informing the user of the performance mode
  • Improved startup performance in OpenGL games
  • Changed default active color for more contrast
  • Changed DXGI hook to redirect "CreateDXGIFactory2" call to "CreateDXGIFactory1" on Windows 7 and Windows 8
  • Changed D3D9 hook to ignore devices created with the "D3DPRESENTFLAG_VIDEO" flag
  • Changed D3D9 hook to prevent games from creating adapter group devices (ReShade does not support those)
  • Changed hook manager log messages to print function names instead of addresses
  • Changed layout of the statistics window
  • Changed technique "enabled" annotation to overwrite state set by any preset
  • Changed preset file format to contain integer instead of floating point values for variables that are not floating point
  • Fixed a crash on exit if the Windows clipboard was used at any point during execution
  • Fixed a possible crash in CRT because of missing thread notifications
  • Fixed some possible setup tool crashes
  • Fixed network hook preventing some games from using the network
  • Fixed input in games using raw input and a separate window for input processing (e.g. Wolfenstein)
  • Fixed input processing mode "Pass on all input" not doing what it's supposed to be doing
  • Fixed namespaces not working properly with textures
  • Fixed OpenGL effect compiler erroneously adding interpolation qualifiers to function parameters
  • Fixed texture sharing between effect files not working properly on D3D10/11
  • Removed file tree view from technique editor window (it's a simple list now)
  • Removed FPS estimate from statistics window (it was a CPU time estimate, but all effects are GPU bound, so this information was basically useless)
  • Removed game directory from default effect search paths

3.1.1:
  • Added GPU timings to statistics UI (Direct3D10+ and OpenGL only)
  • Added automatic scrolling to variable editor when double clicking a technique
  • Added "mousedelta" source for uniform variables
  • Improved depth buffer detection for D3D11 games (thanks to work by OtisInf)
  • Changed default of "RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED" to 1 (most modern games use a reversed depth buffer these days)
  • Fixed a memory leak due in the D3D10/11 implementation
  • Fixed blend modes and added support for alpha blend modes
  • Fixed effect toggle keys not being disabled properly while editing them
  • Fixed "ldexp" expression causing compiler error with some OpenGL implementations
  • Fixed OpenGL effect compiler writing interpolation qualifiers without "in" or "out" qualifiers
  • Fixed mouse being reset to center of the screen in some games even though input block is active
  • Fixed infinite recursion in hook manager call if export hook module fails to load

3.1.2:
  • Add settings editor window to the setup tool (thanks to contribution by mgziminsky)
  • Fix OpenGL effect compiler not transposing literal matrices
  • Fix OpenGL effect compiler missing type qualifiers on shader parameters of type struct
  • Fix OpenGL effect compiler not handling return values of type boolean correctly
  • Fix hook manager not installing export hooks if the application already loaded the target module
  • Redirect "wglCreateContext" calls to "wglCreateLayerContext" instead of the other way around
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bishi, SpinelessJelly, klotim, brussell, Lumiya, Evan20xx, Mobeeuz, teringlijer, OtisInf, Genrix and 44 other people also said thanks.
The topic has been locked.
  • brussell
More
6 years 4 months ago #2 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic 3.1
Thats great news! Thank you very much crosire for your ongoing work on this great tool! :)
  • lowenz
More
6 years 4 months ago #3 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic 3.1
Thanks man!
  • Mahawili
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #4 by Mahawili Replied by Mahawili on topic 3.1
thanks update
but i got issues
it startup crashed in nioh when set NoReloadOnInit=1 on windows10 1709
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Mahawili.
  • zp3nz3r
More
6 years 4 months ago #5 by zp3nz3r Replied by zp3nz3r on topic 3.1
Which files do I delete to uninstall? I no longer have dgxi like older versions.
  • JBeckman
More
6 years 4 months ago #6 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic 3.1
Depends on how you install it, DXGI.dll or D3D9.dll depending on what the game is using, personally I hold down CTRL when using the installer (It now instructs you about this.) and extract ReShade32 and ReShade64 .dll from it so I can install it manually per game. :)

For OpenGL games the file name should be OpenGL32.dll

And of course only remove these files from the game folder, don't start purging other parts of the OS such as the Windows folder just to have that mentioned.

So yeah OpenGL32.dll, D3D9.dll or DXGI.dll for a 1.6 MB file if it's 32-bit or a 2 MB file if it's 64-bit.
(D3D10.dll and D3D11.dll also works but I don't think the installer uses these names.)
  • zp3nz3r
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #7 by zp3nz3r Replied by zp3nz3r on topic 3.1
Reshade would install a dgxi.dll file in the launcher folder in previous versions. I have several other files and plugins, but don't distinguish them from any new ones, if there are any. Sorry, I'm not so tech savvy regarding these issues.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by zp3nz3r.
  • JBeckman
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #8 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic 3.1
For finding the .dll you can right click on the file and select properties.

And then under details it should say:
crosire's ReShade post-processing injector.

With a version number of 3.0.x though the details name should be enough to identify it. :)

For the rest of the files? There would be a .ini file for settings named the same as the injector and a .log file for logging also with the same name.

So you would have dxgi.dll, dxgi.ini and dxgi.log

From there it's entirely up to how you configure the program such as folder paths for shaders and textures, if you're using a downloaded preset it should already have all of that set up but for updating to a new version you only really need to replace the .dll, that and the ReShade.fxh file are the only thing that has changed recently far as I'm aware for the core files.
(ReShade.fxh was updated about a month pack, some of the shader files are also updated periodically and it can be seen here: github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/commits/master I updated the SMAA shader a while back for example.)

EDIT: I'm not that great at giving descriptions or explaining but.
farm5.staticflickr.com/4580/37823835564_e54fc474ac_o.jpg

That's the file properties window, here using 3.1.0 but hopefully that's clear enough, description should be all you need to know you have the ReShade .dll file. :)
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by JBeckman.
  • Martigen
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #9 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic 3.1

crosire wrote: ReShade is alive! This update fixes various crashes and bugs and adds some quality-of-life improvements, most notably a new fast-loading feature, which has been requested since the first 3.0 version came out:
After switching to performance mode ReShade will now load only those effects that are actually enabled in the current preset (starting with the next launch of the game), which should improve loading times significantly.

OMG!
*stops reading here, runs around screaming like a schoolgirl frontrow at a Justin Bieber concert*
I LOVE YOU.
THAT IS ALL.
*pauses*
OK HAVE MORE LOVE.
<3<3<3<3<3<3

EDIT: ok this is amazing! So just tested with Endless Space 2 (just because that's what I'm playing atm) and I have some 62 shaders in my shared central repository that all games load from, with 5 being used with ES2. It now loads instantaneously -- I don't even see it counting!

This has other benefits, as as number of games slow and stutter when loading when Reshade is used and a large number of shaders are initialized at the same time (of which ES2 is one), this doesn't happen anymore so the games load faster too. Not to mention a bunch of games decide to initiate a graphics chain reset multiple times when loading or when doing something like going to/from the settings menu (looking at you Pillars of Eternity, which does both! What the hell Obsidian) and this again will make this instant. THANKYOU.

EDIT TOO: Other changes look great too, have to try out the noinit flag! THANKYOU AGAIN. Happy days!
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Martigen.
  • klotim
More
6 years 4 months ago #10 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic 3.1
ctrl clicking for manually installing the binaries crashes the reshade setup, it wont show the file explorer and just terminates without warning.
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #11 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 3.1

klotim wrote: ctrl clicking for manually installing the binaries crashes the reshade setup, it wont show the file explorer and just terminates without warning.

Ctrl clicking does exactly that. The setup will extract the binaries to the current directory and exit.
  • matsilagi
More
6 years 4 months ago #12 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic 3.1
Congrats on the update!
And thanks a lot for moving the project to VS 2017, now i can finally compile ReShade on my PC.
  • Bishi
More
6 years 4 months ago #13 by Bishi Replied by Bishi on topic 3.1
SMITE fails to load with 3.1 (worked fine before). Gives the error 'untrusted system file d3d9.dll'
  • Wererabbit
More
6 years 4 months ago #14 by Wererabbit Replied by Wererabbit on topic 3.1
Rising storm 2 (VNgame.exe) gives error 'untrusted system file dxgi.dll' at launch with ReShade 3.1.0.
Older version 3.0.8 works fine.
  • solidforger
More
6 years 4 months ago #15 by solidforger Replied by solidforger on topic 3.1
Thank you for yet another solid release! I have to admit this update packed a lot more than I was hoping for.

I'd like to point out that although the fast loading feature (on performance mode) works flawlessly with OpenGL based games (so far) I've had some mixed results on DirectX games, namely Dx11 titles such as AC Unity, Witcher 3 and Dark Souls 3 don't go into fast mode regardless of whether its set to performance or configuration mode. I hope I'm not the only one with this issue.
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #16 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 3.1

Bishi wrote: SMITE fails to load with 3.1 (worked fine before). Gives the error 'untrusted system file d3d9.dll'

It's a new release. It has to be whitelisted again before it can be used in online games with anti-cheat systems.

solidforger wrote: I'd like to point out that although the fast loading feature (on performance mode) works flawlessly with OpenGL based games (so far) I've had some mixed results on DirectX games, namely Dx11 titles such as AC Unity, Witcher 3 and Dark Souls 3 don't go into fast mode regardless of whether its set to performance or configuration mode. I hope I'm not the only one with this issue.

You need to re-save the preset, since some additional information has to be stored in the preset files for fast-loading to work.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bishi
  • Bishi
More
6 years 4 months ago #17 by Bishi Replied by Bishi on topic 3.1
Ok thanks, I'll wait patiently :)
  • Dwill0328
More
6 years 4 months ago #18 by Dwill0328 Replied by Dwill0328 on topic 3.1
So stoked whenever i see a new version of reshade. Reshade really changes pc gaming
  • Martigen
More
6 years 4 months ago #19 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic 3.1

crosire wrote: You need to re-save the preset, since some additional information has to be stored in the preset files for fast-loading to work.

Re-quoting just to make sure this isn't missed by ppl.

You need to load your game + preset, change a setting or just switch to Configuration mode and back to Performance. Next time you load the game, it'll only initialise the selected shaders.
  • Chavolatra
More
6 years 4 months ago #20 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic 3.1
Reshade now is more optimized for multi-core now ???
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.