• Ganossa
More
8 years 6 months ago #85 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic 1.0
The mediator already received some fixes that are not deployed yet but there won't be any major changes.
On my list is a problem with "weird" file names (e.g. TM symbol) and a refresh problem in the offline preview feature.

On the shader side there will be plenty of changes which I almost stopped counting ;) (and maybe more in the doing)

Crosire also made changes to the binaries (I think mainly for DX12 compatibility, please correct me if I am wrong)

We just did not set a common date yet :)
The topic has been locked.
  • robgrab
More
8 years 6 months ago #86 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic 1.0
Will MasterEffect Reborn 1.1.287 be included in the next update? Also, is there a way to integrate MasterEffect Reborn 1.1.287 into the current version of ReShade/Mediator?
  • Constantine PC
More
8 years 6 months ago #87 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic 1.0
I did a little more testing on the 1.00 99% core load issue.

This happens in GTA V with the framework pacakge with either 1.00 .dll or 0.19.2

Doesn't seem to happen with SweetFX 1.00 or 0.19.2
Something with the Framework package is causing the core load issue in this game.
  • Ganossa
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #88 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic 1.0

robgrab wrote: Will MasterEffect Reborn 1.1.287 be included in the next update? Also, is there a way to integrate MasterEffect Reborn 1.1.287 into the current version of ReShade/Mediator?

All exclusive ME shader should already be included in the framework (otherwise feel free to point out whats missing).
Specific 1.1.287 changes are included in our current build and will be in the next release.

Constantine PC wrote: I did a little more testing on the 1.00 99% core load issue.

This happens in GTA V with the framework pacakge with either 1.00 .dll or 0.19.2

Doesn't seem to happen with SweetFX 1.00 or 0.19.2
Something with the Framework package is causing the core load issue in this game.

Can you push the configuration to the app and try again (in case its a link problem). Other than that I cannot think of any difference that could cause it.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Ganossa.
  • MonarchX
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #89 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic 1.0
It would be nice if ReShade Framework or at least SweetFX package could be applied to Windows 7/10 desktop by injecting into Aero renderer or some other way. This would be really good for those into calibration. There are now ways to use 3DLUT's (or I guess you can call them FULL LUT's) that include both grayscale AND colorspace / color gamut information for 2 major environments - film playback (madVR) and video games (ReShade Framework TuningPalette shader). The last major environment left to conquer is Windows desktop because Windows desktop uses only graypscale ("vcgt") portion of ICC profiles and colorspace / color gamut information is not applied. This would also be VERY helpful when it comes to streaming media, such as Netflix and / or Hulu!
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by MonarchX.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quentin-Tarantino, Constantine PC
  • bopper2010
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #90 by bopper2010 Replied by bopper2010 on topic 1.0

LuciferHawk wrote: The mediator already received some fixes that are not deployed yet but there won't be any major changes.
On my list is a problem with "weird" file names (e.g. TM symbol) and a refresh problem in the offline preview feature.

On the shader side there will be plenty of changes which I almost stopped counting ;) (and maybe more in the doing)

Crosire also made changes to the binaries (I think mainly for DX12 compatibility, please correct me if I am wrong)

We just did not set a common date yet :)

Yeah I noticed with certain games that use a TM symbol in the .exe details like BF4, Project Cars etc always have a ? symbol in the application profile area. It also spits out an error saying "Loading Application profile failed due to the following error: Illegal Characters in path". Glad you have noticed this, it also seems to require you to click on the game window's border (Testing in Windowed mode with Mediator open) in order to get the effect to compile, hitting apply simply doesnt work after the first time installation and initial preset creation is done. This was never the case in previous testing for my when using MasterEffect and Reshade 19.0 release, I guess it just has something to do with Mediator and probably due to being in Windowed mode will testing out various effects.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by bopper2010.
  • Ganossa
More
8 years 6 months ago #91 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic 1.0
Not sure if the reload problem in window mode is related to the framework. It seems its an issue dependent on system and application. The difficulty for the Framework is the update of possibly several files at once. In the first release all files have been updated but once ReShade checks the first updated file and notices no difference it stops checking any following updated file. To fix this I already check updates within the mediator and only rewrite those that do apply changes. Therefore, this problem should not come up anymore, at least not because of the mediator.
Did you check if modifying files manually made any difference?
  • bopper2010
More
8 years 6 months ago #92 by bopper2010 Replied by bopper2010 on topic 1.0
No I dont think the Framework is to blame after a bit more experimenting, probably because I didnt set Mediator to sit on top of the windowed game or something. Just a question on the applying of user created Preset's, I like to make them for games and upload them to the SweetFX Database. In the past I used to just upload the MasterEffect.h config file or older SweetFX config files and people could just apply it on their end by replacing their default file with mine. However with Mediator the only way I have figured out to share a Preset I make is to copy the entire Preset folder contained within the Reshade/PersonalFiles/Presets/ location and upload that.

So basically Im wondering is there a more efficient way to do this, I have tried copying the contents of the TheLazyFrameworkPreset.cfg and then pasting it into a new preset but without the other Framework files having their values specified it doesnt seem to apply the updated settings as specified in that file. Im still such a noob with this stuff so its probably something basic Im just totally overlooking, but I was just curious if you knew of a more efficient way or am I actually doing it correctly ?.

Thanks Lucifer, gonna go play with the TransMod and see if I can port over some old presets.
  • Ganossa
More
8 years 6 months ago #93 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic 1.0
The easiest way to share presets is the preset creation feature in the mediator. As you know already, it will create a preset folder. In that folder is also a TheLazyNet folder in which you can find a TheLazyFrameworkPreset.cfg. This file combines all the separated configuration files plus some meta data. Upload that as a settings file for you TheLazy.Net preset.

Users can now find this preset if they use the TheLazyNet connect feature of the mediator. On download via mediator it will be disassembled and applied right away. If the user likes it, he can then decide to store it as one of his global presets.
The following user(s) said Thank You: klotim
  • bopper2010
More
8 years 6 months ago #94 by bopper2010 Replied by bopper2010 on topic 1.0
Great thanks Lucifer, that is kinda what I have been doing but good to get confirmation on it.
  • Enko
More
8 years 6 months ago #95 by Enko Replied by Enko on topic 1.0
Thank you so much to all who created and contributed to the development of ReShade! I would like to know if there is any ETA on the next version.
  • Ganossa
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #96 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic 1.0
I don't think any of us can give you an ETA at this point. We will also need to find a common date for the release at which everyone is ready.

As far as I am aware, Marty and Ioxa are currently overhauling their prime shader contribution.
The mediator is getting a few more changes that have been discussed internally and Crosire is improving DX12 support and works on changes on timer calculations (which I am personally looking forward to).
However, we are not only busy with ReShade so I guess its not only hard to estimate other members date of release but even our own.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Ganossa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, Enko
  • Quentin-Tarantino
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #97 by Quentin-Tarantino Replied by Quentin-Tarantino on topic 1.0
Lucifer just wondering would the lot of ye guys behind Framework mind adding a way that the preset maker could add his name to the welcome screen?

Example:
McFX By Marty mcfly
GemFX BY LuciferHawk
etc
etc
Preset By (whoever did it)
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Quentin-Tarantino.
  • p4s
More
8 years 5 months ago #98 by p4s Replied by p4s on topic 1.0
I have a problem. How can i use a preset that i directly downloaded from the website sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/4220/ ? I want to play Life is strange with ReShade but the mediator always shows presets from Arma 3 and not from Life is Strange which are avaible on the website!

WHY IS THERE NO OPTION TO USE A .TXT YOU DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEBSITE? I have to change every damn bar in the mediator with the mouse!
  • Ganossa
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #99 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic 1.0
@Quentin, do you mean TheLazy.net presets generated with the mediator?

I could add a functionality that does that for the user specified at TheLazy.net for the specific preset a user downloads.

@ps4, whether the mediator crawls, downloads and applies a presets currently depends on whether the preset was created with the mediator and which version was used.
Alternatively, you can download any preset from the website directly and port its settings to ReShade Framework using the TransMod tool I created recently.
reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/114...to-reshade-1-0-later
:)
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by crosire. Reason: Replaced "ReShade" with "ReShade Framework"
  • MonarchX
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #100 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic 1.0
Are there any upcoming updates for ReShade .DLL's or have they been perfected at this point?

Are there plans for a new Mediator version? The one in 1.0.0 release is OK, but still not that great. Its good in general, but it has all these small-time flaws and bugs that give it a cheap and unstable feel / look.

Mediator Issues/Suggestions (Is there a better thread for this post?):
1. For some reason, after creating Profile A, Mediator automatically applies Profile A's settings to Profile B once Profile B is created. Why is that? It would make more sense to reset all settings for each new profile, not to confuse the user and/or settings.
2. Mediator is rather slow in applying settings.
3. Mediator flickers when you select/deselect Pipeline effects.
3. It allows you to highlight several Pipeline with "right-click + rectangle drag" method (like in Windows Explorer), but ticking any of the highlighted effects does not tick all other effects highlighted... What is the point of highlighting that way anyway? Selecting one of the highlighted Pipeline effects should either not be allowed OR select all other highlighted Pipeline effects.
3. Is it really necessary to divide shaders into SweetFX, GEMFX, CustomFX, etc? Why not combine them all together into a single entity??? I assume that will not happen because developers need to be credited or something like that?
4. It would be great to have Mediator as/in a simplified Wizard, where you asks you to select the .exe and press NEXT, then takes you to a Pipeline tab, where you select the effects you want and press NEXT, and then it takes you to tab with settings for the first effect, making you adjust settings for that Pipeline effect then press NEXT, which would take you to the 2nd Pipeline effect, etc. until you reach the last one and press DONE. That way it would hide all the unnecessary settings for effects you have not selected in Pipeline window. This would also make ReShade very newbie-friendly.
5. What about creating 2 sets of settings per each Pipeline effect? One set would be Commonly-Changed/Simple settings, like the top-most settings for SweetFX SMAA, and the other one (hidden until selected if necessary) would be Uncommonly-Changed/Advanced settings, like the SMAA settings under "Advanced SMAA Settings".
6. There should be an easy way (maybe as the last Wizard step) to NAME your Profile for whichever .exe. Right now it either uses either the .EXE's name itself or some name embedded into .EXE , which is often in some ugly abbreviated format.
7. Finally, it would be great if Mediator could detect existing D3D9 and/or DXGI and/or D3D11 DLL files from ENB and NOT replace them with ReShade's DLL files that have the same name, but instead, paste either ReShade32.dll or ReShade64.dll without renaming. To make ENB work with ReShade, ENB .DLL file must remain as D3D9.DLL or D3D11.DLL or DXGI.DLL, while ReShade's .DLL file must be named something else (like ReShade32.dll or ReShade64.dll) to work as Proxy Library. That way the user can go ahead and edit his/her ReShade settings without having to then manually rename ENB to whatever and ReShade to whatever because right now, Mediator simply overwrites ENB's D3D9 and DXGI with ReShade DLL's.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by MonarchX.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #101 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 1.0

MonarchX wrote: Are there any upcoming updates for ReShade .DLL's or have they been perfected at this point?

An update is coming. There have been a total of 48 changes since 1.0 to the code so far, mainly performance improvements and small bugfixes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, Horus, Enko, Tze088
  • MonarchX
More
8 years 5 months ago #102 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic 1.0
48 changes? WOW! I didn't think ReShade could've gotten better.
  • Tze088
More
8 years 5 months ago #103 by Tze088 Replied by Tze088 on topic 1.0
I'm excited! Thanks to all you devs for your hard work c:
  • robgrab
More
8 years 5 months ago #104 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic 1.0
I'm anxiously awaiting the next release as well. I plan on donating generously by the end of this year to show my appreciation for all the hard work that goes into it's development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.