Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL

• Igni
More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #21 by Igni Replied by Igni on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
I'm a noob to manual installation of these things... can someone explain to me where I'm supposed to put everything?

EDIT: I think my problem is that I'm trying to get it to work with hl2 which is rumored to have problems getting depth buffer access to it.
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by Igni.
The topic has been locked.
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #22 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
The bayer trick only helps for post blur as it needs less blur and the fps differences there are not so extreme but high AO blur extremely degrades quality. I think about the near objects thing, you seem to use a bit higher radius on MXAO than on your HBAO. Both obviously produce different results due to their different falloff functions. I think that your near/far plane values are a bit incorrect as the one tree in the image center has a severe halo around it. And for MXAO I would recommend a higher normal bias, see the big leaf on the very right.
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01
  • Kleio420
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #23 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL

Marty McFly wrote: Th

when this gets ported back over to framework will you be including the depth option for sharpness detect ? playing around on some older games the normal map option looks terrible on all ao shaders at least testing on the kotor games
  • jas01
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #24 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
Hello
What about Skylighting for ReShade?
( www.facebook.com/MartyMcModding/photos/a...4402/?type=3&theater )
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #25 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
nope
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01
  • robgrab
More
8 years 1 week ago #26 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
Finally finished my playthrough of Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast with this and it worked great except for the Yavin swamp level where there was a lot of bleeding through fog. I'd initially tried using Reshade but none of the AO shaders worked as good as this one. The default settings were perfect. Looking forward to the day this gets incorporated into the Framework when I can couple it with the other shaders. Great work, Marty.
  • NattyDread
More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #27 by NattyDread Replied by NattyDread on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
I played around with it just now with Dark Souls 3. It's great. Ship it. :P

Def the best looking and most customizable AO method for ReShade. The only thing it's missing is Luminance consideration but I guess we'll get that once you integrate it into Framework.
"BackfaceCheckEnable" makes IL look really natural.
Performance to quality ratio is insane! I've no idea how you did it but GJ!

Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by NattyDread.
The following user(s) said Thank You: robgrab, Igni
  • robgrab
More
8 years 6 days ago - 8 years 6 days ago #28 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
Very nice. How does that compare to DS3's built-in AO (unless your first shot IS the built-in AO)?
Last edit: 8 years 6 days ago by robgrab.
  • roxahris
More
8 years 5 days ago - 8 years 5 days ago #29 by roxahris Replied by roxahris on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
DS3's built-in solution is a rather different beast. It's quite stable, decent quality (no resizing artefacts), and takes surface normals into account. But it has a really small radius and it simply doesn't shade as well.

Comparing it myself now, the difference is really huge. Wonder if some crazy developer will take it upon themselves to make a shader injector for this game like the other two. The difference is pretty incredible.
Last edit: 8 years 5 days ago by roxahris.
  • WLHM15
More
8 years 4 days ago #30 by WLHM15 Replied by WLHM15 on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
This is MXAO in ReShade Framework 2.0.3, with Euda's Bloom, and Ceejay's color correction. Since Marty still working on it, i dicide to port the shader by myself, and this is only for my personal use, if you want to use it, wait for Marty's work. Tested in COD MW2 (No other games in my PC :> )..

• ZabaZu
More
8 years 2 days ago #31 by ZabaZu Replied by ZabaZu on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
Wouldn't it be possible to stop rendering the AO in spots that have anything covering it up that isn't in the depth buffer? If I recall correctly, fog and other effects like it don't even show up there. Would be a performance increase too. Idk if the depth buffer view in reshade is a realistic image of what the depth buffer actually consists of, but if it is, it seems like that would be an option. That obviously wouldn't be perfect in games that have nuance to there transparency effects, but in games that rely on heavy fog or display it on occasion, it seems like that would be preferable over severe bleeding.
  • OtisInf
More
8 years 2 days ago #32 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
Every pixel in screenspace has a value in the depth buffer, as the depth buffer doesn't have the concept of 'undefined/not set', so there's always a value on position (x,y) in the depth buffer. the shader obviously doesn't know whether that value is really the fog you see or the wall it occludes.
  • Radion
More
8 years 2 days ago - 8 years 2 days ago #33 by Radion Replied by Radion on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
Is there a quick way to get this running alongside ReShade 2.0.3? When I paste the code into the Reshade.fx it doesn't work. Do I need to cut off the part at the beginning of Marty's code?
Last edit: 8 years 2 days ago by Radion.
  • MonarchX
More
8 years 1 day ago #34 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
So is MXAO more accurate than HBAO? What about VXAO vs MXAO? I always thought AO is supposed to add realism based on lighting, which would mean there would be only a single setting. I mean how do you know which settings to use? How do you know how deep or large AO shadows would look like? How can you tell which settings are accurate and which aren't?

I think VXAO tries to fix that since it is "based on ray-tracing" or so NVidia says...
  • WLHM15
More
8 years 1 day ago #35 by WLHM15 Replied by WLHM15 on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL

Radion wrote: Is there a quick way to get this running alongside ReShade 2.0.3? When I paste the code into the Reshade.fx it doesn't work. Do I need to cut off the part at the beginning of Marty's code?

Porting a shader is not like copy-pasting a text, it need to adapt in reshade 2.0.3 to work..
  • ZabaZu
More
8 years 1 day ago #36 by ZabaZu Replied by ZabaZu on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't expecting that to work tbh. It's far too simple for nobody to have done it yet lol. Sucks that there isn't a way to get around it.
  • Genrix
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #37 by Genrix Replied by Genrix on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
MXAO works fine with ReShade 1.1.0f1.
0. Extract MXAO archive to any folder.
1. Rename a file Reshade.fx to ReShade_MXAO.fx
2. Copy original Reshade 1.1.0f1 files in game dir.
3. Put ReShade_MXAO.fx and bayer16x16.png in game dir.
4. Open original ReShade.fx and put to the end of file: #include "ReShade_MXAO.fx"
5. Save that file and run a game.
6. Fine tune Reshade as usual.
7. For tuning MXAO you'll need to edit ReShade_MXAO.fx file.
Your changes in MXAO settings apply without restart a game. All the tweaks will work on the fly after you press alt-tab as usual.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Genrix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CUBER, Exilium
  • glitch2033
More
7 years 11 months ago #38 by glitch2033 Replied by glitch2033 on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
hi i have this probleme how fix that preprocessor error: redefinition of 'RESHADE_DEPTH_LINEARIZATION_FAR_PLANE'
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #39 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
I don't support these kind of edits and I disencourage every non-professional user from trying.
  • Xfighter
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #40 by Xfighter Replied by Xfighter on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
Hi first time posting.
Can anyone tell why MXAO does this to American Truck Simulator is like is up side down.
The API is DX9 im using Reshade (SweetFX version) and the .exe is 64bits
Thank you.

i.imgur.com/WuJjvhc.jpg
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Xfighter.
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.