Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL

• matsilagi
More
8 years 1 day ago #41 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
It can be either AA or the Depth Buffer is flipped.
The topic has been locked.
  • Xfighter
More
8 years 1 day ago #42 by Xfighter Replied by Xfighter on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
In game AA (MLAA) is disable im using SMAA, how can i "flipp" the deph buffer
  • matsilagi
More
8 years 1 day ago - 8 years 1 day ago #43 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
You can try altering the MXAO DepthLinearization code to include the one from the framework.

Open the ReShade.fx from teh framework and find the following
#if RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_UPSIDE_DOWN
		texcoord.y = 1.0 - texcoord.y;
#endif

Incase it is reversed (can`t identify exactly from the pic):
#if RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED
		depth = 1.0 - depth;
#endif

You see that part of code, add it sans the #if and #endif at the GetLinearDepth function of MXAO, before float depth.
Last edit: 8 years 1 day ago by matsilagi.
  • Xfighter
More
8 years 1 day ago #44 by Xfighter Replied by Xfighter on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
float GetLinearDepth(float2 coords)
{
RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_UPSIDE_DOWN
texcoord.y = 1.0 - texcoord.y;

float depth = tex2Dlod(SamplerDepth, float4(coords.xy,0,0)).x;
depth /= RESHADE_DEPTH_LINEARIZATION_FAR_PLANE - depth * RESHADE_DEPTH_LINEARIZATION_FAR_PLANE + depth;
return depth;
}

like this?
  • matsilagi
More
8 years 1 day ago #45 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
Without the RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_UPSIDE_DOWN

Just the texcoord line.
Incase it didn't fix, after depth /= RESHADE_DEPTH_LINEARIZATION_FAR_PLANE - depth * RESHADE_DEPTH_LINEARIZATION_FAR_PLANE + depth; add the second one i posted, if it still didn't fix, try removing the texcoord one.
Oh,also, rename texcoord to coords. (so it becomes coords.y = 1.0 - coords.y
  • Xfighter
More
8 years 1 day ago - 8 years 1 day ago #46 by Xfighter Replied by Xfighter on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
Ok the deph buffer is right, thank you, next problem is AO bleeding when is foggy or rainy
i.imgur.com/T0aWlu5.jpg
Last edit: 8 years 1 day ago by Xfighter.
  • matsilagi
More
8 years 1 day ago #47 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
Not fixable i guess, you can try lowering the intensity of the AO.
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 day ago #48 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
Lower the fade out distance, you don't need AO on far geometry anyways.
  • Shagwan
More
7 years 11 months ago #49 by Shagwan Replied by Shagwan on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
Is there a temporary way to merge it with the other reshade shaders for now before the framework is released? It looks really good btw!
  • NattyDread
More
7 years 11 months ago #50 by NattyDread Replied by NattyDread on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
It doesn't work with non-standard resolutions? Can't get it to show at 4300 x 2419 (16:9) but works fine 3840 x 2160.
  • piltrafus
More
7 years 11 months ago #51 by piltrafus Replied by piltrafus on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
@Nattydread

reshade fails at getting the depth buffer sometimes when you use some custom resolutions. I haven't found a clear pattern. Looks random and game dependent. For example a game can work on 16:9 but fail when switched to 21:9. Sometimes it fails when using nvidia DSR. Sometimes it will get the depth but at a lower res than your current res so it will show smaller and misaligned, etc.

Lon story short, make sure first that you are getting a good depth buffer from reshade before blaming it on the shader itself. For what I know MXAO work at any resolution or aspect ratio.

Regards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NattyDread
  • NattyDread
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #52 by NattyDread Replied by NattyDread on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
I use MXAO with SSAO and only MXAO fails to render at the resolution. SSAO and the rest of the Framework AO methods work fine so I guess that's something that will be fixed once (if ever :P ) MXAO gets integrated.
Maybe it's just a Dark Souls bugging out...
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by NattyDread.
  • piltrafus
More
7 years 11 months ago #53 by piltrafus Replied by piltrafus on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
What about GPU ram? Maybe you are running out at the higher res? Have you monitored how much graphics ram are you using?
I got reshade to fail at high res a couple of times. But there's usually some sort of warning.
  • alloen
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #54 by alloen Replied by alloen on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
Hi guys!, this is my first post as Im REALLY excited about MXAO which I think can make a REAL difference in a game so THANKS FOR THIS GREAT WORK!!! ;) ...the problem I have is, Im an absolute noob in all this reshade/sweetFX stuff and despite I managed to make reshade 1.1.0f1 to work, even with the Mediator tool, I cant make MXAO to work!!! :( ... I have no idea how to install it!...I tried doing what Genrix suggested:

MXAO work fine with ReShade 1.1.0f1.
0. Extract MXAO archive to any folder.
1. Rename Reshade.fx to ReShade_MXAO.fx
2. Copy original Reshade 1.1.0f1 files in game dir as usually.
3. Put ReShade_MXAO.fx and bayer16x16.png in game dir.
4. Open original ReShade.fx and add to end of file: #include "ReShade_MXAO.fx"
5. Save file and run a game.
6. Fine tune Reshade as usually,
7. For tuning MXAO you need to edit ReShade_MXAO.fx
Your changes in MXAO settings apply without restart a game. All work on fly by alt+tab as usually.

But It doesnt work for me (Im triying to use it with DCS World 2.0.2) no matter what I try (the rest of effects are working fine with Mediator and I can see the changes in game like bloom, sharpness, bloom, etc.)...so I would love you guys give me a detailed installation guide for this great MXAO, and if possible it would be great if some of you have tried installing it in DCS ;)

Many, Many thanks to all, specially McFly!!!! :)
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by alloen.
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #55 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL

Marty McFly wrote: I don't support these kind of edits and I disencourage every non-professional user from trying.

• alloen
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #56 by alloen Replied by alloen on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL

Marty McFly wrote:

Marty McFly wrote: I don't support these kind of edits and I disencourage every non-professional user from trying.

Hi Marty! , are you talking to me??...if so, I cant understand you...what do you mean by "professional"?? :huh: ...other effects are working correctly, I just cant find a way to INSTALL MXAO, just that...
  • Tycholarfero
More
7 years 11 months ago #57 by Tycholarfero Replied by Tycholarfero on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL

alloen wrote: Hi Marty! , are you talking to me??...if so, I cant understand you...what do you mean by "professional"?? :huh: ...other effects are working correctly, I just cant find a way to INSTALL MXAO, just that...

Yes. He means that if you don't know how to make MXAO work with the framework by yourself, then you shouldn't bother trying to make it work and you shouldn't bother asking for help with it.
  • alloen
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #58 by alloen Replied by alloen on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL

Tycholarfero wrote:

alloen wrote: Hi Marty! , are you talking to me??...if so, I cant understand you...what do you mean by "professional"?? :huh: ...other effects are working correctly, I just cant find a way to INSTALL MXAO, just that...

Yes. He means that if you don't know how to make MXAO work with the framework by yourself, then you shouldn't bother trying to make it work and you shouldn't bother asking for help with it.

:blink: ...and the reason is?????...is my/others life in danger or something??...even if Im not a "professional", is it sooooo hard to give people like me a chance to START LEARNING???, I have to do it by "myself"?¿?¿?¿?Genrix install procedure doesnt seem soooo hard, just cant meke it work but seems pretty simple (not harder than lost of other effect/stuff for shading :huh: )...my god, what a nice forum!! thanks for your "kindly" help :dry:
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #59 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
Amazing how these simple words can be misunderstood.
The described procedure differs from the standard installation of this package and so I can't and won't cover it because I don't want to be held responsible for anything that goes wrong with an implementation made by a different person.
I cannot guarantee that the AO works if you integrate it in the Framework like that.
And most certainly doing this editing is a tough task for someone not shader code savvy so in case you aren't experienced enough, don't do it. That is not difficult to understand and a should be common sense. It is beyond me how someone can be offended by that, but then again, it's 2016.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Marty McFly.
  • alloen
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #60 by alloen Replied by alloen on topic Marty McFly's Ambient Obscurance (MXAO) with IL
Do you know whats really amazing???...I come here, I kindly praise you for your work and you just copy and paste an standard cold/hard response without telling me a single word of help (even if you cant help me) in a free forum and then you get surprised because Im upset?¿?¿?¿?, yeah, its 2016...maybe if instead of telling me why you cant help me you just use your time/energy in telling me how to make a "correct" installation (which would have probably been faster) and then why you are not responsible for any problem, what of course Im awared of, now I would be happy and you would have done a nice job helping comunity but yes, its 2016 I guess...

Thanks for your work ( the ones who can actually enjoy it ) not for your help!! ;)
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.