[WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #61 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade
It does have quite some bugs though....should really release it properly instead of being too lazy.
The topic has been locked.
  • XIIICaesar
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #62 by XIIICaesar Replied by XIIICaesar on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade

Marty McFly wrote: It does have quite some bugs though....should really release it properly instead of being too lazy.

Lol, probably so. Only bug I found was the LUT overlay. After I took my screenshot and went to crop the LUT I notice some minor artifacts/distortion. Still not sure this is due to your shader or the image crop though. Haven't had problems before out of image software though so I'm gonna test further later. Grabbing some sleep before I go watch the new King Arthur right now. I think it's just the way I cross it. Most other stuff that I tried in the shader worked awesome.

***EDIT***
Lightroom LUT overlay appears fine in game. BUT whenever the screenshot is done it presents compression artifiacts to the LUT....... Correction. The artifacts are only present in Affinity Photo. $50 full feature program akin to Adobe PS BUT GIMP doesnt present the artifacts. Also, dude using that tonemap.fx shader you have in there is very, VERY useful. With a little tweaking I've removed the green tint Skyrim seems to have, adjusted the "white haze" it has, and my screenshots are akin to ENB screenshots. Many, many, many thnx be to you.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by XIIICaesar. Reason: Debug testing update
The following user(s) said Thank You: amoebae
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #63 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade
I did some updates and cleanup. Will push a release soon as soon as a figure out how to make the Histogram easily toggleable per preprocessor without making code too chaotic, as it takes quite some fps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rudy102
  • FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 11 months ago #64 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade

Marty McFly wrote: Will push a release soon as soon as a figure out how to make the Histogram easily toggleable per preprocessor without making code too chaotic, as it takes quite some fps.

I don't think that'll be too much of a problem since the point of the shader is to produce a LUT later. Rhymes.
As long as it doesn't nuke the game into unusability it should be fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: XIIICaesar
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #65 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade

FierySwordswoman wrote:

Marty McFly wrote: Will push a release soon as soon as a figure out how to make the Histogram easily toggleable per preprocessor without making code too chaotic, as it takes quite some fps.

I don't think that'll be too much of a problem since the point of the shader is to produce a LUT later. Rhymes.
As long as it doesn't nuke the game into unusability it should be fine.

Kinda hard for me to track down but currently it has the same frame time as MXAO with moderate settings - thing is, on a 1080, my current Witcher 3 setting takes 2 fps in total so yeah. Without histogram however, same as light shaders like tuning palette, color matrix and what not.
  • amoebae
More
6 years 10 months ago #66 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade
Thanks for the heads up about where to get the in-progress version. This is the shader I've been most excited about using since Marty announced he was working on it.

Performance is theoretically a non-issue, since you can output the results to a LUT and have almost zero overhead using just that.

Looking forward to an official release, whenever that comes. Especially if it's combined into the github download.
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #67 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade
It'll definitely be part of the github.com repo. Currently I'm contemplating about some sort of guide because it's crucial for LUT to a) let all the other color changing shaders apply after light room and b) place bloom, sharpening etc before lightroom so there's a lot to do wrong with this shader. I'm a tiny bit too lazy to write a big PDF like MXAO has it though.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Marty McFly.
  • FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 10 months ago #68 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade

Marty McFly wrote: Currently I'm contemplating about some sort of guide because it's crucial for LUT to a) let all the other color changing shaders apply after light room and b) place bloom, sharpening etc before lightroom so there's a lot to do wrong with this shader. I'm a tiny bit too lazy to write a big PDF like MXAO has it though.

Could just have something like "Make the LUT without using any other shaders or else your game will die!" in big title font on the main page.
  • amoebae
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #69 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade
This was my thought too.

Presumably we just have to turn all the other shaders off before we take the screenshot of the LUT so it doesn't capture them?

Although, anything that doesn't include bloom, sharpening etc (so levels, liftgammagain, and other colour-based shaders) can still be used and captured in the LUT screenshot too, making them equally as redundant once we load the LUT up on its own? Basically any shader that applies equally to all areas in the image (so nothing depth based, nothing light based like bloom, ambient light, adaptive fog, vignette, deband, etc) can be applied to a LUT.

That seems relatively straightforward and common sense, unless there's another obstacle I'm misunderstanding.

(I've created LUTs in photoshop using all manner of levels, curves, channel mixer, selective colour etc to create what I want, presumably the theory is the same.)
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by amoebae.
  • FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #70 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade

amoebae wrote: *lovely report on LUT theory

Yeah, basically it can information for everything that isn't detail-related or a "special effect" (depth-y things, bloom, etc)
     I'd say the 'average joe' shouldn't worry about which shaders can and can't be transferred to the LUT since any that do can probably have their effects recreated with the "Lightroom" shader to begin with.
     The other solution would be to put the lightroom shader at the very end of the load order, but that'd mean your other effects wouldn't be utilizing the corrected color.

amoebae wrote: Presumably we just have to turn all the other shaders off before we take the screenshot of the LUT so it doesn't capture them?

Yeah. Besides a "how-to" on some of the color correction tools having the instructions just tell them that would be the simplest solution.

I could probably make a simple 'newb' tutorial going over the Lightroom tools and how their game will turn into a 3d anaglyph rave fest if they don't export the LUT properly.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by FierySwordswoman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amoebae
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #71 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade
I wonder if people will know that if they use a LUT, they need to disable all Lightroom effects afterwards or they apply them twice.

Close to release btw. Won't push update directly to github repo until bugs are sorted out/functionality is complete.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SpinelessJelly, amoebae, piltrafus, Marty, kairu
  • piltrafus
More
6 years 10 months ago #72 by piltrafus Replied by piltrafus on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade
Looking forward to this.
Are you using some sort of luma based masking to edit blacks, shadows, whites, and highlights separately? How are the boundaries between all those steps defined? are they editable or hardcoded?

Have you implemented lightroom split toning too? I've been looking forward to a reshade version of it for a while. I've been using gamma lift effect as is the closest thing to it. However, it lacks the ability to separate between light and dark which is the actual defining quality of split toning.

Thanks again for all your efforts.
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #73 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade
I hardcoded the bounds of blacks, shadows, whites, and highlights and no, it's not luma based but per channel value like in photoshop so if you have RGB 5 5 200, raising the blacks will give you like 8 8 200. Using luma here instead of actual channel value would result in no change.
Could make the bounds editable but it's just more variables to edit. I set them to mimic PS Lightroom behavior,

0 to 0.25 blacks, (maximum at 0),
0 to 0.5 shadows (maximum at 0.25),
0.25 to 0.75 midtones (maximum at 0.5),
0.5 to 1.0 highlights (maximum at 0.75),
0.75 to 1.0 whites (maximum at 1.0).

Yes, some areas have larger ranges than others but that's how it works in Lightroom as well. And it's smooth transition so a value of 0.1 is affected by both blacks and shadows.

Split toning and proper Lift Gamma Gain with color wheels is planned at some point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: piltrafus, kairu
  • piltrafus
More
6 years 10 months ago #74 by piltrafus Replied by piltrafus on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade
Cool. Sounds like you really did match Lightroom approach to edit those value areas individually. As I said I can't wait to try it.
I've been using lightroom for a while and although I use other systems too for color correction ( davinci resolve) I still think LR brings the best results. Adobe did a great job with lightroom at boiling down "color correction" into a simplified and efficient workflow.

Split toning is a simple process but it really can easily give mood to a shot. The ability to cool down only shadows or add a bit of extra warmth to the better lit areas (usually characters), for example, can easily improve dull palettes.
Nothing a Lut can't do but would be great to have an interactive version of it.

Cheers.
  • Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #75 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade
This is current HUD:

[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: amoebae, piltrafus, @rnkrnt, kairu
  • FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 10 months ago #76 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade

Marty McFly wrote: I wonder if people will know that if they use a LUT, they need to disable all Lightroom effects afterwards or they apply them twice.

I'd imagine people using a tool like ReShade would have enough common sense to figure that out on their own.
Hopefully.
  • crosire
More
6 years 10 months ago #77 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade

FierySwordswoman wrote: I'd imagine people using a tool like ReShade would have enough common sense to figure that out on their own.
Hopefully.

You'd be surprised ..................
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marty McFly
  • Marty
More
6 years 10 months ago #78 by Marty Replied by Marty on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade
So if I get this right, this shader would be able to apply color alterations from other shaders like Filmicpass to one LUT ? That would be really amazing.
  • amoebae
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #79 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade

Marty wrote: So if I get this right, this shader would be able to apply color alterations from other shaders like Filmicpass to one LUT ? That would be really amazing.

Yes. The LUT is overlayed on the screen so any effects you have enabled will be applied to it just as they are the rest of the image. When you're happy with what you've got, you take a screenshot of the window, and crop it to just the LUT, which you can then use alone.

This method is why it's important to ensure you don't have any shaders like sharpening, bloom, dof enabled when you take the screenshot, because they will screw up the LUT (basically anything light, depth, or edge dependent).

You can, incidentally, create your own LUTs in Photoshop or similar using the same method:

Take a bunch of vanilla screenshots.
Open them in Photoshop.
Mess with curves, channel mixer, levels etc until you have something you like.
Apply the same to a neutral LUT.
Load the LUT in game.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by amoebae.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kairu
  • kairu
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #80 by kairu Replied by kairu on topic [WIP] "Adobe Lightroom" for ReShade

Marty McFly wrote: This is current HUD:

HUD looks really nice.
Will you be able to use the sliders on the HSL bars or are they for visualisation only and edited within the Reshade menu?

Really looking forward to the release, keep up the great work!
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by kairu.
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.