Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151)

ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151) 4 years 6 months ago #41

Hi,

it's not specifically an issue but I thought i'd leave it here FYI anyway:

When I put VLC in OpenGL mode and used OpenGL32.dll for Reshade Framework I got this error
error C7612: profile doesn't support more than 32 samplers.

I can fix it by removing some of the shader includes in ReShade.fx (obviously I don't need SSAO/DOF/SMAA etc)

I realise ReShade isn't designed for video, I'm just wondering if the same problem might occur for OpenGL games. I've not managed to check

thanks
j
The topic has been locked.

ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151) 4 years 6 months ago #42

Any news on the advanced ambient light shader? I am really interested in how this looks compared to the current one. Any sneak peek we could see?


Witanlore: Dreamtime
The topic has been locked.

ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151) 4 years 6 months ago #43

vfxninjaeditor wrote:
Any news on the advanced ambient light shader? I am really interested in how this looks compared to the current one. Any sneak peek we could see?

There is actually. I uploaded it shortly before the release of the framework but did not know I could include it yet, so I never made it public on youtube.

I did now, so have a look. However, it is pretty complicated how it works so I need to adjust the algorithm first (which will take longer than I expected).

Here pre-configured to give a movie like look in Alien, Enjoy :)


I will most likely make a post in the developer blog too later today.
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Ganossa.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BillyAlt

ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151) 4 years 6 months ago #44

LuciferHawk wrote:
vfxninjaeditor wrote:
Any news on the advanced ambient light shader? I am really interested in how this looks compared to the current one. Any sneak peek we could see?

There is actually. I uploaded it shortly before the release of the framework but did not know I could include it yet, so I never made it public on youtube.

I did now, so have a look. However, it is pretty complicated how it works so I need to adjust the algorithm first (which will take longer than I expected).

Here pre-configured to give a movie like look in Alien, Enjoy :)


I will most likely make a post in the developer blog too later today.

Is the effect itself there (like, on the current files)?, i tried uncommenting it but nothing happened.
Still, looks amazing, much more interesting than the current one.
The topic has been locked.

ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151) 4 years 6 months ago #45

matsilagi wrote:

Is the effect itself there (like, on the current files)?, i tried uncommenting it but nothing happened.
Still, looks amazing, much more interesting than the current one.

Thanks
-and no, its not in the files yet. Though the current AL was basically done before integrating it into the framework, it took me another day to set it up (switching from a messy dev code to what you have now). The advanced AL file is much larger due to 2 additional effects (natural light and god rays based on AL). Even if all that would be bug free it would take again much longer to set everything up. I probably also want to include eye adaptation part from AL to adv AL once everything else works (in case it is needed and useful).

In another thread I already wrote that there are two other shader I want to complete first this weekend. I doubt I will have time to finish this one ... :S
The topic has been locked.

ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151) 4 years 6 months ago #46

It looks amazing. Should really add to older games that lack volumetric lighting effects. I hope you expedite the advanced AL because it really looks great.


Witanlore: Dreamtime
The topic has been locked.

ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151) 4 years 6 months ago #47

LuciferHawk wrote:
matsilagi wrote:

Is the effect itself there (like, on the current files)?, i tried uncommenting it but nothing happened.
Still, looks amazing, much more interesting than the current one.

Thanks
-and no, its not in the files yet. Though the current AL was basically done before integrating it into the framework, it took me another day to set it up (switching from a messy dev code to what you have now). The advanced AL file is much larger due to 2 additional effects (natural light and god rays based on AL). Even if all that would be bug free it would take again much longer to set everything up. I probably also want to include eye adaptation part from AL to adv AL once everything else works (in case it is needed and useful).

In another thread I already wrote that there are two other shader I want to complete first this weekend. I doubt I will have time to finish this one ... :S

Ah ok, gonna keep using ME still then, this was the effect that most interested me, but its not fully onto the framework.
Still, amazing work, gonna keep looking there.
The topic has been locked.

ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151) 4 years 6 months ago #48

The AMBIENT_LIGHT effect is getting reshade stuck upon start. Tested with reshade+framework 0.17.1 and Guild Wars 2. I'm pretty sure it worked before.
pastebin.com/BGxiRGg4 of the d3d9.log. If there is anything else i have to provide - shoot. :side:
The topic has been locked.

ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151) 4 years 6 months ago #49

matsilagi wrote:
Ah ok, gonna keep using ME still then, this was the effect that most interested me, but its not fully onto the framework.
Still, amazing work, gonna keep looking there.
Sassy wrote:
The AMBIENT_LIGHT effect is getting reshade stuck upon start. Tested with reshade+framework 0.17.1 and Guild Wars 2. I'm pretty sure it worked before.
pastebin.com/BGxiRGg4 of the d3d9.log. If there is anything else i have to provide - shoot. :side:

The beauty and purpose of the ReShade Framework is that you actually do not need to switch between shader packs anymore. It is all included in the Framework already and easily expandable. (though we are aware that a few color correction algorithms are yet pending to be included) :lol:
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Ganossa.
The topic has been locked.

ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151) 4 years 6 months ago #50

Hi,

could we get "Cross Process" shader back please?

I've actually managed to make it for myself for now (I think!) by creating a CrossProcess.h in the McFX folders and copying one of the other files for the structure then changing this from MasterEffect:
float3 CrossPass(float3 color)
to this:
float3 PS_CROSSPROCESS(float4 position : SV_Position, float2 texcoord : TEXCOORD0) : SV_Target
{
 	float3 color = tex2D(s0, texcoord).rgb;

but I'll leave the official work to whoever looks after these things! (I'm not sure if the original shader was from SweetFX or McFly etc sorry)

thanks
J
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by jmp909.
The topic has been locked.

ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151) 4 years 6 months ago #51

Lucifer, ambient light is causing issues on my desktop. It runs fine on my Windows 8 laptop. I copied the exact same preset to my Windows 7 desktop and it won't compile. It then gives an error message that says something about stopping after 255 iterations (the program locked up and minimized before I could write the full error down).


Witanlore: Dreamtime
The topic has been locked.

ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151) 4 years 6 months ago #52

I would wait for the next ver with Advanced AL + Fixes.
It must be not that far anyways.
The topic has been locked.

ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151) 4 years 6 months ago #53

vfxninjaeditor wrote:
Lucifer, ambient light is causing issues on my desktop. It runs fine on my Windows 8 laptop. I copied the exact same preset to my Windows 7 desktop and it won't compile. It then gives an error message that says something about stopping after 255 iterations (the program locked up and minimized before I could write the full error down).

You do not need to write the error down. Can you please link the log file, crosire and I will look into it (depending to what end the error is related)?
The topic has been locked.

ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151) 4 years 6 months ago #54

Guys,

this Framework release is awesome! THX sooo much o far! It improved all of my games and remainds me to buy a new GPU! :woohoo:

All my "old" games like Rage or the Batman games looking so nice right now, but they burn my GTX 590 to hell! I will donate for you !

Cheers!
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrandonHortman

ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151) 4 years 6 months ago #55

Same here . A few games freezing entirely.

I had it working in Blades of Time, but that might have been a different version

J
The topic has been locked.

ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151) 4 years 6 months ago #56

Lucifer, here is the log: www.dropbox.com/s/3sqb8qte94a9wk8/d3d9.log?dl=0

EDIT: It seems to be an issue with resolution. I have a 21:9 monitor (2560x1080). If I switch the game to 1920x1080, it compiles like normal.


Witanlore: Dreamtime
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by vfxninjaeditor.
The topic has been locked.

ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151) 4 years 6 months ago #57

vfxninjaeditor wrote:
Lucifer, here is the log: www.dropbox.com/s/3sqb8qte94a9wk8/d3d9.log?dl=0

EDIT: It seems to be an issue with resolution. I have a 21:9 monitor (2560x1080). If I switch the game to 1920x1080, it compiles like normal.

Thanks, that helped. I know already where the issue is. :side: There is a loop I need to make resolution dependent since it kind of loops per pixel.
The topic has been locked.

ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151) 4 years 6 months ago #58

LuciferHawk wrote:
vfxninjaeditor wrote:
Lucifer, here is the log: www.dropbox.com/s/3sqb8qte94a9wk8/d3d9.log?dl=0

EDIT: It seems to be an issue with resolution. I have a 21:9 monitor (2560x1080). If I switch the game to 1920x1080, it compiles like normal.

Thanks, that helped. I know already where the issue is. :side: There is a loop I need to make resolution dependent since it kind of loops per pixel.

Awesome. Btw, where is the masking parameters? I can't find them in the framework. Will we be getting an update soon with new features?


Witanlore: Dreamtime
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmp909

ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151) 4 years 6 months ago #59

vfxninjaeditor wrote:
Awesome. Btw, where is the masking parameters? I can't find them in the framework. Will we be getting an update soon with new features?

What parameters do you need other than on/off? The masking is dependent on the white/black values of the mask :)

I will try to put together an update during the weekend and be ready for a release with GTAV (14th). Today I finished the AL-HeatHaze combination (at least to make it work without any issues) but will have to work on radial motion blur, some general statistics and including the final color correction shaders.
The topic has been locked.

ReShade Framework Released (5102.03.29.4151) 4 years 6 months ago #60

LuciferHawk wrote:
vfxninjaeditor wrote:
Awesome. Btw, where is the masking parameters? I can't find them in the framework. Will we be getting an update soon with new features?

What parameters do you need other than on/off? The masking is dependent on the white/black values of the mask :)

I will try to put together an update during the weekend and be ready for a release with GTAV (14th). Today I finished the AL-HeatHaze combination (at least to make it work without any issues) but will have to work on radial motion blur, some general statistics and including the final color correction shaders.

Sorry, that's what I meant. I can't find the on/off value for masking. Looking forward to the update. :)


Witanlore: Dreamtime
The topic has been locked.