(H)ybrid high-(Q)uality (A)nti-(A)liasing (HQAA)

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #321 by lordbean Replied by lordbean on topic (H)ybrid high-(Q)uality (A)nti-(A)liasing (HQAA)
I think I've managed to fix it, if the error you're getting is a NaN/Infinity literals not allowed by shader model. I managed to reproduce the behavior on Borderlands TPS (oddly, it failed to compile in setup mode and compiled properly in performance mode...). It was one particular offending term tied to the edge threshold causing the issue, and the fix was super janky - I flipped the numerator and denominator in each one causing an error and either added or removed rcp (based on whether rcp was already being used).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kleio420

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #322 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic (H)ybrid high-(Q)uality (A)nti-(A)liasing (HQAA)
that was indeed the error ill post back later today sometime if its solved the issue on my end. As far as the fix goes would this cause any bugs in terms of how it is meant to function ?

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #323 by lordbean Replied by lordbean on topic (H)ybrid high-(Q)uality (A)nti-(A)liasing (HQAA)
No. Rcp just calculates the reciprocal (1/x) - when used on an explicit division it's identical to reversing the positions of the numerator and denominator. The reason this is janky is because the compiler chokes on it one way, but not the other, yet both are functionally identical.

More
1 month 1 week ago #324 by lordbean Replied by lordbean on topic (H)ybrid high-(Q)uality (A)nti-(A)liasing (HQAA)
v29.2 is now available, and although the changes are functionally minor, they make a big difference to the output quality in most cases. HQAA's optional CAS sharpening has some new tricks up its sleeve that, combined with improved calibration of the defaults and global presets, leave scenes looking nice and sharp without really over- or under-sharpening anything.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martigen

More
1 month 6 days ago #325 by Egor179 Replied by Egor179 on topic (H)ybrid high-(Q)uality (A)nti-(A)liasing (HQAA)
Hello, where can I download the shader? Copying the code from here does not work, gives a compilation error

More
1 month 5 days ago #326 by EFermi Replied by EFermi on topic (H)ybrid high-(Q)uality (A)nti-(A)liasing (HQAA)
Direct link: github.com/lordbean-git/HQAA

Also can be found on the 1st page in the beginning of the 1st message by lordbean, hyperlinked as # HQAA.

More
1 week 3 days ago #327 by lordbean Replied by lordbean on topic (H)ybrid high-(Q)uality (A)nti-(A)liasing (HQAA)
v29.3 is now available, featuring a major optimization of the FXAA code that significantly improves both performance and output quality and a new "Lossless Mode" global preset, which is designed to retain the maximum possible amount of detail in the scene after processing. This version is worth updating to for the performance improvements alone as it runs significantly faster than any prior version of HQAA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CUBER, Martigen

We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.