ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #21 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)

Constantine PC wrote: Then i try to toggle stuff on and click apply, then tab back in. Nothing is occurring in game.

When completely rewriting the Logarithmic Depthbuffer linearizarion yesterday,*wink*wink*
I noticed the same issue in GTA V. I am sure it worked correctly in our test environment. Could you maybe test if the issue is related to dx11 or x64?

SpinelessJelly wrote: There's a typo in LiftGammaGain that prevents Lift values from changing
It is

#define RGB_Lift float3(1.000,1.000,1.000) //[0.000;2.000]
when it should be
#define RGB_Lift float3(1.000,1.000,1.000) //[0.000:2.000]

Very good find, will be fixed :)
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Ganossa.
The topic has been locked.
  • Constantine PC
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #22 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
I think it's the logarithmic depthbuffer because the same thing was also happening in the witcher 3 cutscenes. One character or part of a character would just be completely gone from depth buffer at random.

I will try different direct X modes and settings for GTA V and see if it can be fixed in game.

Edit: Okay I just tested out the different direct X modes. They didn't make any difference on the issue. The depth buffer looked the exact same in each and it didn't matter if I turned off in game depth effects or not, it didn't effect the buffer. I also am not using in game MSAA either.

I used these DOF settings for my testing:
Warning: Spoiler!

Also these screenshots show why I thought it was DOF_vignette, the entire gun model looks like this even with the value at 0:

This screenshot is the same in any direct X mode with In game depth effects on or off(this is actually direct x 10.1):

This is a bonus one showing what it looks like first person in cars. It's even worse:

Oh I'd also like to mention this testing was done with the latest Reshade .dll version and the latest framework(mediator release) package.
The big issue really for me is that this happens in cut-scenes. I actually play GTA V in third-person only (pretty much).
A good mission and cut-scene to see this in is the mission where you save your son in your boat on the highway with Franklin. Michael and Franklin have a talk near his pool and all of a sudden at a random moment one of them will drop from the depth buffer and become blurred.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Constantine PC. Reason: information
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #23 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
Oh, I was actually talking about the problem that changes in general have not been applied during runtime though it worked before in dx9 + x86 test environment.

The logarithmic depthbuffer information I only threw in to inform you guys that I am working on a fix. :P
  • Constantine PC
More
8 years 9 months ago #24 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
ah, I see well that's embarrassing. I'll have to test THAT out more :P
I'll try some dx11 games and some dx9 ones. I tried a dx10 game first and it wasn't working for me.
  • NattyDread
More
8 years 9 months ago #25 by NattyDread Replied by NattyDread on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)

LuciferHawk wrote: When completely rewriting the Logarithmic Depthbuffer linearizarion

Sry for the off but since you are touching up on the depth buffer I was wondering if it's possible to add some kind of switch to flip the detected depth buffer? Or even better have it auto-correct if it's possible so that the blacks are always near and whites far. I see in the dev blog that you corrected it for The Witcher 3.
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #26 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
-and I always thought, when people were talking about depth flip, they meant it being flipped upside down. :P

Its an entirely new algorithm, this time based on some tests I am doing with mathematical equations.
Black and white was previously swapped right from the start cause I instead only used a common algorithm/idea as base and build on top of that my stretching algorithm.

Anyway, I will add a value with which you can swap the blacks and whites for the depth buffer if needed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NattyDread, SpinelessJelly
  • SpinelessJelly
More
8 years 9 months ago #27 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)

LuciferHawk wrote: -and I always thought, when people were talking about depth flip, they meant it being flipped upside down. :P

Well, that would be helpful too, Unity Engine-based games still have that little upside-down issue.
So ...please? :)
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #28 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)

Tycholarfero wrote: Splendid release. It'll take some time getting used to the configurator, but it's very well done, none the less.
Also, just wanted to mention, will we see the GTAV Lens Effect adjustments on the Gaussian flare soon? Just curious, but since the last release I never really noticed it, even though I changed all the values I could with the Ambient Light and the flare itself. It's no biggie though!

So I checked everywhere on my disk and our releases and just had to see that it was lost somewhere between the releases (it was basically only released on my own computer and then overwritten by some other update before the official release).
I will have to do it again from scratch :P

SpinelessJelly wrote:

LuciferHawk wrote: -and I always thought, when people were talking about depth flip, they meant it being flipped upside down. :P

Well, that would be helpful too, Unity Engine-based games still have that little upside-down issue.
So ...please? :)

Sure :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SpinelessJelly, Tycholarfero
  • Tycholarfero
More
8 years 9 months ago #29 by Tycholarfero Replied by Tycholarfero on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)

LuciferHawk wrote: So I checked everywhere on my disk and our releases and just had to see that it was lost somewhere between the releases (it was basically only released on my own computer and then overwritten by some other update before the official release).
I will have to do it again from scratch :P

Awh dang. Well, it definitely doesn't need to be top priority then, so take all the time you need!
  • Constantine PC
More
8 years 9 months ago #30 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
Lucifer I noticed a Gamma bug with SMAA with this release. When turning on SMAA alone, gamma is far too bright.
When turning on Lumasharpening as well. Gamma is normal. Weird.
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #31 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)

Constantine PC wrote: Lucifer I noticed a Gamma bug with SMAA with this release. When turning on SMAA alone, gamma is far too bright.
When turning on Lumasharpening as well. Gamma is normal. Weird.

Can you please check if that also occurse with a previous framework version?

By they way, what about the problem with the effects being not applied you reported earlier?
  • Constantine PC
More
8 years 9 months ago #32 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
I really forgot to clarify this is for GTA V not for other games. Sorry about that.

Haven't had much time to test that. I'm really busy with some irl stuff.

SMAA actually doesn't even work with lumasharpening, all using lumasharpening did was completely break smaa(thus fixing the gamma problem because it wasn't even on).

Infact SMAA might not work at all. I tried luma and color detection and they both don't work.

Yeah SMAA worked last release just fine. (with GTA V)

This bug happened back a few releases ago actually in GTA V and it seems to have came back.

I think this first happened with the actual framework GTA V release.
(then it got fixed next release)

I'll get around to testing the mediator with changing options on the fly (alt-tabbing method) and test this SMAA problem further. Sorry about the confusion.
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #33 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
I also had a dejavu when you described the SMAA issue. However, I compared the files in notepad++ and could not find any difference yet...
  • SpinelessJelly
More
8 years 9 months ago #34 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
When I first started the Mediator I got a little confused about the setup/preset options. It's most certainly my ageing mind, but the fact that I needed to "add" a game and then "add" it again to activate it wasn't clear to me. Also the preset boxes: do I hit "add" and then there'll be a dialogue where I shall add the name, or do I type the name in that little box? If I choose a preset, I need to "add" it again in that other box? What's going on?

Don't know if it's only me, but I thought it might drive off less experienced users. So *tries to be constructive* I made a UI mockup

It's practically the same as the original ...with instructions. I know it looks terrible, I know there are probably far better ways to improve the interface, I understand that most people don't even need it to change, but ...just my tuppence.
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #35 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
Thanks for thinking how to make the Mediator more accessible. There is definitely room for that ;)

Just to make sure that I know what your suggestions are, a few questions.

Regarding the Application Profiles:

Do you want to to separate the profile browsing from the profile selection? (what is the difference between [games already installed] and [current game name])
Is current game automatically the application that was selected in the application browser?
What is the difference between Add and Activate? (especially in terms of the initial installation?)
How would you uninstall games?

Regarding the Application Presets:

Again, I guess you want to separate preset browsing from preset selection?

-and only one note: Presets are universal not game specific (regarding the "Presets for" box)

Maybe separating steps (what I think was the main suggestion?) is a good idea.
What do others think?
  • SpinelessJelly
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #36 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
Yes, the main idea was to separate the "add a new game" function from "activate Reshade for this game". So the drop-down list would contain all games you have already added and the "current game" would be the currently selected one (not strictly necessary but it makes sense to me to see it somehow in evidence). I used "activate" for the second button because "adding" an already "added" game felt a little weird (but I'm not a native english speaker so maybe it's just me). Didn't think about uninstalling games, didn't even know that this was an option (hey, there's a "del" button, never noticed, good to know - maybe a "Delete" button next to "Add"?).

Same idea for the presets, separate one's preset list and activation from the "save a new preset" function, nothing more.

Presets can be used with any game even if they were created for a specific one, you are right of course, just discard that.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by SpinelessJelly.
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #37 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
Alright, will see how I can incorporate that in the next release :side: be surprised :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: SpinelessJelly
  • SpinelessJelly
More
8 years 9 months ago #38 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
You're the man. I'm certain you'll come up with something better.
  • santi218
More
8 years 9 months ago #39 by santi218 Replied by santi218 on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
when i tried running the reshade framework mediator, it doesnt work an error pops out stating reshadeframeworkmediator has stopped working

is there a work around please need help? thanks in advance...
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #40 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)

santi218 wrote: when i tried running the reshade framework mediator, it doesnt work an error pops out stating reshadeframeworkmediator has stopped working

is there a work around please need help? thanks in advance...

Do you have Administrator rights?
What is your operating system?
From which location do you start it?
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.