ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)

• santi218
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #41 by santi218 Replied by santi218 on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
yes i have admin rights

im using windows 7 ultimate 64bit

i extracted the files in the witcher folder

btw i have install all the necessary requirements needed like the .net framework and visual c++
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by santi218.
The topic has been locked.
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #42 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)

santi218 wrote: yes i have admin rights

im using windows 7 ultimate 64bit

i extracted the files in the witcher folder

btw i have install all the necessary requirements needed like the .net framework and visual c++

Is that folder in your system partition. Does it work if you drop the files in another location (maybe different partition than system partition)?
  • santi218
More
8 years 9 months ago #43 by santi218 Replied by santi218 on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
its on a different partition, even if on another location same error :/
  • BrandonHortman
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #44 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
I get this error when trying to add skyrim with the newest version.

pastebin.com/xEdgr94S

In fact, it just crashes 100% of the time now :(
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by BrandonHortman.
  • BrandonHortman
More
8 years 9 months ago #45 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
Here are my crashdumps also if that is helpful

www.dropbox.com/s/wvxes8u5fy05t8j/CrashDumps.7z?dl=0
  • JPulowski
More
8 years 9 months ago #46 by JPulowski Replied by JPulowski on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)

aufkrawall wrote: Thank you so much, guys!

On a quick try, the debanding filter gives a great result.
off:

on:
[img

Dam, this is so cool! kudos to JPulowski!

Constantine PC wrote:
edit: that debanding difference. Really is quite a treat to have that shader now.

Thanks. :)

aufkrawall wrote: Box mode of deband filter can introduce new banding.

deband off:

on (default values):
[img

With cross offset mode, this isn't the case. Although the deband effect is a little weaker in general with it.

Deband shader shouldn't introduce further banding unless the additional dithering is disabled. The original algorithm did not have an additional dithering, but since the output values by deband shader might be out of 8-bit color range I added an additional dithering option. This is different than SweetFX's dithering shader which only affects SweetFX's shared shaders. Also note that at current stage it is not possible to eliminate 100% of banding because simply there are not enough samples to compensate the banding, this kind of banding might be observed near the strong light sources. I'll try to optimize the algorithm further.
The following user(s) said Thank You: klotim
  • matsilagi
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #47 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
So, i tried using the Framework again, but it doesn't work at all
It always gives me those bugs:

pastebin.com/h5nuXzKV

What is happening exactly?

EDIT:Actually, the entire thing is broken.
Mediator gives me a System.IOFileNotFoundException
The game always say there isn't anything defined or that its trying to define the same effect 2 times.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by matsilagi.
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #48 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)

BrandonHortman wrote: I get this error when trying to add skyrim with the newest version.

pastebin.com/xEdgr94S

In fact, it just crashes 100% of the time now :(

Whats the path to your Skyrim .exe you chose?

matsilagi wrote: So, i tried using the Framework again, but it doesn't work at all

pastebin.com/h5nuXzKV

The game always say there isn't anything defined or that its trying to define the same effect 2 times.

There was a problem with the _settings.undef creation. It is already fixed for the next update. :)

santi218 wrote: when i tried running the reshade framework mediator, it doesnt work an error pops out stating reshadeframeworkmediator has stopped working

is there a work around please need help? thanks in advance...

Fixed plenty of those issues with the next update, so hopefully also yours. :side:

Constantine PC wrote: Lucifer I noticed a Gamma bug with SMAA with this release. When turning on SMAA alone, gamma is far too bright.
When turning on Lumasharpening as well. Gamma is normal. Weird.

I tried dx9 and dx11 applications with the current ReShade Framework release and do not have any issue with SMAA. Not sure which version you had/have installed there? :P
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Ganossa.
  • BrandonHortman
More
8 years 9 months ago #49 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
The skyrim path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim ( My system drive )
I tried Tesv.exe and tesv_orginal.exe.
I can add the game, but as soon as I name the profile and click add, it crashes with a not responding message. Sometimes it will wait until I enable a setting, then it will crash. This is without the game running fyi.
I try to be thorough =D

This is on my windows 8.1 laptop, i7 2630.

It runs perfectly fine on my windows 7, amd 8370 at home. :cheer:
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #50 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)

BrandonHortman wrote: ...as soon as I name the profile...

What do you mean by that?
  • NattyDread
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #51 by NattyDread Replied by NattyDread on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)

matsilagi wrote: So, i tried using the Framework again, but it doesn't work at all

pastebin.com/h5nuXzKV

I started getting the same errors with the 0.19.0. Not even using Mediator (call me old-fashioned). I thought I messed up something with the cgf files but even the fresh "install" gets the same errors now. Was working fine yday.
Here's my tracelog: pastebin.com/Rpi9PpTQ
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by NattyDread.
  • BrandonHortman
More
8 years 9 months ago #52 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
I downloaded bandicam so I could show you :)

Though you cannot see my cursor, but you can see when I click on something the button "depresses".

This is adding skyrim to the mediator, naming the preset and adding it resulting in a crash. Then opening mediator a second time and adding Skyrim, then attempting to enable SMAA, which results in a crash.

If I can help anymore I will.

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #53 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
Thanks Brandon. That actually is a good example and tells me where to add a few more safety nets. I was not aware some user would actually want to try such things .oO

A: You dropped the ReShade Framework in your game folder.

- that should mean that you dont want manage that game with application profiles but the traditional way

-- yet you tried to add a profile for the same location =》safety net 1: DONT ALLOW SYMLINK/PROFILE TO ORIGINAL LOCATION

B: A injector binary (d3d9) already exists and is used by another process (the mediator in this case but safety net 1 would deal with it)

- If the binary cannot be created there should be no symlink =》safety net 2: REVERT/DENY NON CLEAN PROFILE INSTALLATION

Thats it I believe. Every crash seems to be bound to that. I will also definitly change the layout in the mediator a bit cause it seems not clear to the user without reading the tool tips and not every one seems to read them during usage.

Thanks Brandon
  • BrandonHortman
More
8 years 9 months ago #54 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
Well, I dropped it into the folder because when I try from the installation on my desktop I get these results. The first thing I "pastebinned" in my comments earlier is the info from the crash window.

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #55 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
It looks like there is a problem with the Symlink or path in general. Are both of your locations (Skyrim and Framework) on local disks/partitions?
  • BrandonHortman
More
8 years 9 months ago #56 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
Yeah, I only have one drive an no partitions on this laptop ( Local disk c:\ )
I can, after restarting the mediator from adding the binaries and crashing, control Skyrim with it.; but I have to restart Skyrim every time to apply effects. Toggle keys work fine. DOF turnis the entire screen black. No AA of AF is being used in launcher or Catalyst Control Center.
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #57 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
Can you maybe try to create the Symlink between framework location and skyrim location manually to see if there is an error?

1. Run command line tool (cmd) as administrator.

2. Type: mklink "C:\YourSkyrimLocation\ReShade.fx" "C:\YourFrameworkLocation\ReShade.fx"
(and of course use your location paths)
  • BrandonHortman
More
8 years 9 months ago #58 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
[img

The first time I typed it wrong, the second time I had to remove the ReShade.FX from the Skyrim folder, then the third time it created the ReShade.FX in my skyrim folder.

I opened up the Framework and it opens with no selected game, when I add the game I get the same crash pop up from the video.
  • Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #59 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
Thanks. It is good that this part seems to work. I will prepare a debug file for you later (when I am home) and would be glad if you could run another test with it.
  • BrandonHortman
More
8 years 9 months ago #60 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic ReShade Framework Released (5102.06.23.1246)
For sure :cheer:
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.