■ Requests & Ideas overview / ReShade future plans

• jas01
More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #21 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic ■ Requests & Ideas overview / ReShade future plans
New shader ideas:
■ Light-aware vignette. Affecting only darker corners of the image (applying the effect only to a certain brightness).
■ Reworked Ambient Light shader (following other people requests/ their ideas from other topics). Added saturation toggle ( link ) and a proper/fixed dithering ( link ). If possible reworking this effect with the use of reversed tonemapping (like in Magic Bloom shader/ upcoming Marty's new bloom shader). To improve quality.
■ A way to create your own LUT(size up to 4k) from your loaded effects (like in older versions of Reshade).
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by jas01.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• taro8
More
6 years 3 months ago #22 by taro8 Replied by taro8 on topic ■ Requests & Ideas overview / ReShade future plans

mbah.prihttps://reshade.me/forum/shader-suggestions/3357-requests-ideas-overview-reshade-future-plans/reply/25645mbon wrote: @taro8, i think we dont need this. Because that format is not relevant for screenshot.

PNG and BMP files are much bigger. Its kind of a pain in the ass to convert them to JPG so you can quickly upload them to the tubes. BMP is like 23 times bigger and PNG is about 5 times bigger JPG. Again I'm not asking to remove the other formats, just add JPG as an screenshot format option.

• didel23
More
6 years 1 month ago #23 by didel23 Replied by didel23 on topic ■ Requests & Ideas overview / ReShade future plans
Dont know if its even possible (not a coder) so pls dont kill me :P
developer.nvidia.com/vxgi
TXAA:
developer.nvidia.com/postworks

Also, i liked the explosion filter from the old reshade - i used it in conjunction with DSR to better remove jaggies.

• Marty McFly
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #24 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic ■ Requests & Ideas overview / ReShade future plans
Let me address some requests:

-TXAA is not possible, so is Voxel stuff, 3 reasons: geometry needs to be voxelized - requires compute shaders, amongst other things and ReShade has no 3D texture support, that can be emulated though but at a very high performance cost. And you need data of objects outside screen/behind other objects, which ReShade does not have. I actually created a filter a while ago that voxelizes in pixel shader, looked pretty funny but my new raytraced AO is way better than that buggy shit. VXAO/VXGI quality levels are unachievable on ReShade.
-Explosion can be done
-LUT is problematic, as it needs quite some post work as the only way to create a LUT is by putting it onscreen. A 4096x64 LUT needs a screen res of 4096 at least to fit in. I solved it there by adding a scroll feature so you get the LUT in parts you only need to assemble but it feels uneasy to use imho and might put off newbies.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: didel23

• didel23
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #25 by didel23 Replied by didel23 on topic ■ Requests & Ideas overview / ReShade future plans
Thanks for the reply, marty!

As for LUT, why not create a shader that loads an actual LUT file (.cube, .3dl, .look) or even a .png but different from the default one?
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by didel23.

• Marty McFly
More
6 years 1 month ago #26 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic ■ Requests & Ideas overview / ReShade future plans
ReShade can't load such files (which aren't actually images to be exact). While it is technically possible to use a different LUT format, this would require a different shader than the current LUT.fx to load them and all standard LUT's could not be converted offline; almost every app using color grading LUT's stores them in the current format.

• Insomnia
More
6 years 1 month ago #27 by Insomnia Replied by Insomnia on topic ■ Requests & Ideas overview / ReShade future plans
I'd like a depth dependant motion blur shader that either blurs the distance, or blur everything close to the camera, instead of blurring the whole screen. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: MaxG3D

• moriz1
More
6 years 1 month ago #28 by moriz1 Replied by moriz1 on topic ■ Requests & Ideas overview / ReShade future plans

didel23 wrote: Thanks for the reply, marty!

As for LUT, why not create a shader that loads an actual LUT file (.cube, .3dl, .look) or even a .png but different from the default one?

you can simply open the default lut.png file in photoshop, apply whatever LUT file you want to it, save it as another PNG, and make the lut.fx shader load that png.

• DeMondo
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #29 by DeMondo Replied by DeMondo on topic ■ Requests & Ideas overview / ReShade future plans
New requests [April 06, 2018]:

■ (Long) exposure time (light trails) for RS 3.x (I found one for RS 1.1 from 2b3 called LX.h)
■ (Multipass) (better) deband shader
■ (Different kinds) of layer blending modes for the RS effects in use

Many thanks in advance!

• Fu-Bama
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #30 by Fu-Bama Replied by Fu-Bama on topic ■ Requests & Ideas overview / ReShade future plans

jas01 wrote: (...)
■ A way to create your own LUT(size up to 4k) from your loaded effects (like in older versions of Reshade).

This shader, github.com/Fubaxiusz/fubax-shaders/blob/.../Shaders/LUTTools.fx
generates neutral LUT in the left top corner of the screen. [strike]But It is standard 1024x32[/strike]

You can take a screenshot and bake color effects into single LUT.
Just drag the LUT generator FX before the effects you want to bake.

After that resize image canvas to 1024x32 at the left top corner.

*Edit
I updated shader with resolution slider and fixed issue with black and white levels in red and green channel.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Fu-Bama. Reason: Edited link

• AnsweredElk113
More
5 years 6 months ago #31 by AnsweredElk113 Replied by AnsweredElk113 on topic ■ Requests & Ideas overview / ReShade future plans
I think a really good idea, would be diferent textures for the Dirty Lens effect in Bloom.fx
Because have the same texture for the Dirty lens effect is kinda boring

• kaicooper
More
5 years 3 months ago #32 by kaicooper Replied by kaicooper on topic ■ Requests & Ideas overview / ReShade future plans
i remember in Reshade framwork
there was a shader to play game like old 90's 3d textures (ps1)

hope to c it here in reshade 4

• Wicked Sick
More
5 years 2 months ago #33 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic ■ Requests & Ideas overview / ReShade future plans
I was thinking if it would be possible to make a copy of your current preset WHILE using the ReShade GUI. you see, you often make that one yo like, then you have to back up the file manually, but what if ReShade could make a copy of this said preset while you went on ahead to experiment some more but having a point to go back to without leaving the game?

• Maritime
More
5 years 1 week ago #34 by Maritime Replied by Maritime on topic ■ Requests & Ideas overview / ReShade future plans
Are you going to soon release an updated version were the chromakey for sekiro will be functional

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.