Disabling All Starting Text Dialogue

• crosire
More
8 years 4 months ago #41 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Disabling All Starting Text Dialogue
Next update will have an option to disable reoccuring information messages. The very first (and last) appearance will be longer if it's enabled though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ganossa, Constantine PC, Elimina

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Constantine PC
More
8 years 4 months ago #42 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic Disabling All Starting Text Dialogue

crosire wrote: Next update will have an option to disable reoccuring information messages. The very first (and last) appearance will be longer if it's enabled though.

awesome. It's quite bothersome having it pop-up every-time I alt-tab so this is a great middle ground for everyone I think.

• PapermanZero
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #43 by PapermanZero Replied by PapermanZero on topic Disabling All Starting Text Dialogue
Thanks already for the improvement to show the text once. With the emulator Demul I went already crazy. The text was displayed several times during gameplay.
Nevertheless, there are still issues with other application, in which the text doesn't disappear. I fully understood, that you would like to protect your work.
But is it possible, to find a solution which satisfies everyone?

Due to the frustration of the forced pop-up messages, which was also introduced in MasterEffects , I created a mask which negated the starting text and makes it invisible. However this should not be the case actually. On the one hand, I would like to give respect to your work. But on the other hand, I don't want to be forced to watch every time the starting text, which doesn't disappear in some applications (like DosBox).

So, I thought why not using the configuration file (fx file) to show the credits.
You can use the first part of the file to write the credits. If someone modifies this "credits" part of the fx file (e.g. deletes the first part), the reshade.dll will reject the fx file and won't start without the correct "credits" part.
Furthermore you can add a config parameter in the fx file concerning the starting text, which is however activated per default.
Means, the starting text is displayed the first time, but if the user wants to deactivate the text, he has the option to deactivate it.
Nevertheless, your credits are still available in the fx file and cannot be deleted.

What do you think?
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by PapermanZero.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 3 months ago #44 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Disabling All Starting Text Dialogue
ASTRONOMICENHANCER MOD

Features/Effects

ComparisonPictures

HowToInstall

HowToDonate

Credits

• PapermanZero
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #45 by PapermanZero Replied by PapermanZero on topic Disabling All Starting Text Dialogue

Ganossa wrote: ASTRONOMICENHANCER MOD

Features/Effects

ComparisonPictures

HowToInstall

HowToDonate

Credits

:lol:
Yes, this is what I mean.
On the one hand a solution which highlight the credits and on the other hand an approach which doesn't annoy the user.

I also though about a long starting text at the first boot of reshade.
Means a text which is presented for the first 20 seconds maybe and which highlights the credits.
But every following boot shows only the known starting text, which can be disabled in the fx file (default is activated).
Therefore some kind of hash verification must be implemented to check if this is the first boot or not.
If the files are copied to a different place the hash has to change and the verification becomes invalid.

A similar approach did Devolution (a Wii backup loader app).
To stop piracy the app dumped original games with verification files on a particular location. If the user moved the verification files they became invalid.
Consequently, you could also create branded apps with that approach.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by PapermanZero.

• Mobeeuz
More
8 years 3 months ago #46 by Mobeeuz Replied by Mobeeuz on topic Disabling All Starting Text Dialogue
Completely missed the point...
The following user(s) said Thank You: sargey123

• Sh1nRa358
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #47 by Sh1nRa358 Replied by Sh1nRa358 on topic Disabling All Starting Text Dialogue
On pcsx2, when using the 'go into software mode on an fmv' is used, and you have a series of fmvs, the rshade message practically stays on the whole time.

• Coreda
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #48 by Coreda Replied by Coreda on topic Disabling All Starting Text Dialogue

crosire wrote: Next update will have an option to disable reoccuring information messages. The very first (and last) appearance will be longer if it's enabled though.

Mind me asking where this can be set? Couldn't see it in the in-game configuration settings, and tried searching online in case it was an INI option but all the results were from prior to this setting being available from what I can tell.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Coreda.

• crosire
More
6 years 10 months ago #49 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Disabling All Starting Text Dialogue
This is no longer relevant, since the message is required to show loading process (else the game would simply hand and not respond for the entire duration). There is no such option.

• sepp
More
6 years 5 months ago #50 by sepp Replied by sepp on topic Disabling All Starting Text Dialogue
Hey guys,
I'm currently replaying Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines and I found a pretty nice Reshade config. However the dude who created it, placed a huge icon in the top left corner and I have no idea how to remove it. Could someone please tell me where the option can be found?

The config: sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/5527/

• TurboCHACHA
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #51 by TurboCHACHA Replied by TurboCHACHA on topic Disabling All Starting Text Dialogue
Hi, I use Reshade 4.0.2 on Apex Legends and I sometimes turn my game, to see web browser. Did an option appear where you can turn off the welcome message from above? It is very important please answer! Tnx

• Marty McFly
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #52 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Disabling All Starting Text Dialogue
When you tab out and back in, you don't see the welcome message but instead a notifier that the shaders are being recompiled and in case something goes wrong, errors and warnings. This is intended behavior, shaders are supposed to be reloaded on focus change. You can however cut this short if you set ReShade to performance mode and cut unnecessary shaders, that way they compile even faster and the notifier is gone earlier.

• Wicked Sick
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #53 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Disabling All Starting Text Dialogue
Or trying to play in windowed mode, this way you will not heave to reload the shaders again.

• fersnake
More
5 years 1 week ago - 5 years 1 week ago #54 by fersnake Replied by fersnake on topic Disabling All Starting Text Dialogue
hello guys, new here xD

well i been using this reshade from a long time never had an issue love you work guys, but i've been playing Battlefront II (2017) and i frankly feel very annoyed about this, i know alt tabing reloads the shaders and get the notification on the left top corner and i dont care, what i feel is very annoyed that everytime i got killed it shows me that notification. so any fix on that?
Last edit: 5 years 1 week ago by fersnake.

• Dar4e
More
4 years 6 months ago #55 by Dar4e Replied by Dar4e on topic Disabling All Starting Text Dialogue
Found the solution
Just set Alpha to 0 in Reshade.ini file
And this stupid message is gone

• Shady
More
4 years 5 months ago #56 by Shady Replied by Shady on topic Disabling All Starting Text Dialogue
Could there be an option to disable shader reload on focus change? Because when using a browser with reshade then browser tab switch with focus change happens more often.

• jamiethomaswhite
More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #57 by jamiethomaswhite Replied by jamiethomaswhite on topic Disabling All Starting Text Dialogue
I’m going to have to revive this thread, as the opening dialogue regarding the shaders loading actually causes Nvidia Gamestream to hang. No input can remove the notification from the screen, it just gets stuck loading halfway and remains. Going to my PC (kind of defeats the point of streaming to the Nvidia Shield?) I can see the game as normal, the loading actually completed and disappeared successfully. However, the Shield still has the frozen image of the shaders loading. Though, sound is fine and continues working throughout, but visual and input wise there’s no change.

I’m trying some fixes in the ini for this currently, but is there really no other way you can load the shaders without showing the notification?
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by jamiethomaswhite.

• Nazo
More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #58 by Nazo Replied by Nazo on topic Disabling All Starting Text Dialogue
I want to hop in on this too.  I found out that if you set it to only load enabled effects it actually has the huge advantage of loading exponentially faster (after all, why load everything just to use a few effects?)  What's more, there is an option to enable a button to force load all effects which lets one load them all if needed to change settings or swap effects.  As most of us aren't going to change the effects once they're actually set, I actually think this way around makes so much more sense it even would be better as a default than the current default of loading everything on every startup and hanging up the game for that long.  Mind you, I speed things along even further by keeping an INI file of the settings that work best for me in most games handy and just copy that over when I install a new game then I only need to tune it very slightly from there usually (if at all.)  I have no need of a startup message anymore because it just starts up so much faster now as to be meaningless.

In fact I'd like to add to that.  I really don't want it telling me on every startup there is a newer version.  A.  I'll update when I want to.  B.  a lot of anti-cheat engines only update their whitelists so often, so it's actually bad to keep ReShade up to date since it means it can sometimes fall out of the whitelist and end up causing trouble (one game I play simply would crash on startup without an error or anything when I had a newer ReShade.  It took me forever to track that issue down and realize I only needed to downgrade it.)  In fact, I keep an extra copy of the older DLLs just for certain games that I specifically know have troubles and the updates don't generally change enough to be worth bothering with for me anyway.  I'd really like to not be told every single time I start a game in a bright yellow text there is a newer version because I don't want that newer version -- nor does my game.

I don't like the idea of setting alpha to zero because I do still want to see error messages and such.

As long as it's off by default such an option really should be pretty harmless.  A user has to knowingly turn it on and then consequences like not seeing a progress bar when starting a game to indicate it's not actually frozen is on their own head at that point.  Besides, like I said, if it only loads enabled effects it's insanely fast -- less than even one second fast -- anyway.  At this point I actually see the startup message (particularly the update notice) about 50x longer than the actual time required to load the effects.
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Nazo.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.