DayZ problem

• GroinShooter
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #1 by GroinShooter DayZ problem was created by GroinShooter
Made a troubleshooting topic as requested about ReShade not working with DayZ.

First, I can tell you that any version of SweetFX (Boulotaurs/1.5.1/eFX) doesn't work but used to. And what comes to ReShade. As I launch the game through steam or a desktop shortcut, nothing happens. But when I start the game from it's folder I get the basic YES/NO ReShade popup and after that nothing happens. (DayZ.exe pops up in Task Manager and a moment later shuts down). Also, log reports everything's fine, no errors or warnings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic DayZ problem
Since which version of DayZ SA is this the case?

• GroinShooter
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #3 by GroinShooter Replied by GroinShooter on topic DayZ problem

crosire wrote: Since which version of DayZ SA is this the case?

I've only been playing the official non-beta DayZ branches... Tried ReShade with DayZ from v 0.53 to current. I've also tried with 0.11.0 to most recent version of ReShade and all have the same problem.
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by GroinShooter.

• Constantine PC
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #4 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic DayZ problem
I'd like to add that DayZ has a special Battle-eye process run in the background when you start the game.

I don't know if that could be causing problems or not.

• crosire
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic DayZ problem

Constantine PC wrote: Battle-eye

There we go. BattlEye doesn't like ReShade, same happens when trying to play ArmA in multiplayer as soon as BattlEye starts up.
Some more info about the issue here: reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/156-arm...nch-with-battleye-on
The following user(s) said Thank You: GroinShooter, Constantine PC

• GroinShooter
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #6 by GroinShooter Replied by GroinShooter on topic DayZ problem

Constantine PC wrote: I'd like to add that DayZ has a special Battle-eye process run in the background when you start the game.

I don't know if that could be causing problems or not.

Could be, who knows...
But BattleEye cheat protection has been in the game for a long time (maybe from launch). It was there when SweetFX worked.
It's probably a bug in the more recent branches of the game or BattleEye is being a douche and blocking any kind of injectors...

crosire wrote:

Constantine PC wrote: Battle-eye

There we go. BattlEye doesn't like ReShade, same happens when trying to play ArmA in multiplayer as soon as BattlEye starts up.
Some more info about the issue here: reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/156-arm...nch-with-battleye-on

Oh well...
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by GroinShooter.

• Ganossa
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #7 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic DayZ problem

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.