[SOLVED] GTA V crashes with ReShade 17.1 + SweetFx

• JBeckman
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #41 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic GTA V crashes with ReShade 17.1 + SweetFx
Ah so that could be why then. :)

The thing about the framerate was because under ReShade 0.17.0 and it's version of the Framework disabling the effects would boost the framerate to around 15 instead of 5 which it would be at with the effects on whereas now with 0.18.0 it stays at around 5 regardless of the effects being on or off.

That thing about the Windows Error Reporter collecting some Kernel fault mini dump was the main problem however (I should have saved one of them but I noticed them first when I ran CCleaner to trim out a few files so it was too late.) but since that seems fixed now and I can't seem to re-create the problem this little issue with the framerate drop isn't much of a issue really especially compared to this larger crash problem, however this framerate drop is unfortunately constant instead of just being during the intro logos and main menu screen but I'm guess it's likely a problem on my end than something with the injector so I need to do more testing and find out the real issue behind this or how to say.
(And if I remember correctly from other discussions on these boards the actual shaders don't really have the ability to cause such errors so it can't be that.)
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by JBeckman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #42 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic GTA V crashes with ReShade 17.1 + SweetFx
By the way, I was able to narrow the intro sequence stuttering down to a totally valid API call (ID3D11DeviceContext::CopyResource takes ages to return), so I can only suspect a driver optimization going bad and can't think of anything to fix it from my end unfortunately. These kind of problems are quite common with GTA 5 apparently, no idea how they could mess up this much.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by crosire.

• JBeckman
More
8 years 11 months ago #43 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic GTA V crashes with ReShade 17.1 + SweetFx
Nvidia should have had plenty of time with the game and getting a "GameReady" driver out but AMD's 15.4 seems a bit more rushed, actually uses the same D3D version as 15.3 which in turn uses the same D3D version as 14.12 "Omega" with the only real display driver difference between 15.3 and 15.4 being tweaks to the GTA V profile.
(The main activity seems to be with the driver branch they're using with Windows 10 which is updated very frequently so I assume that's what they are focusing on now with W10's release getting closer.)

• ccrusher1
More
8 years 11 months ago #44 by ccrusher1 Replied by ccrusher1 on topic GTA V crashes with ReShade 17.1 + SweetFx
I check the latest patch notes, which included a little line that had my hopes up that they were trying to allow ReShade to work with the game:
"Fixed a rare issue where the Steam version of the game would crash right after launching."
Reinstalled ReShade, both 17.1 and 18, and neither one works. My hopes and dreams have been crushed. :(

• Constantine PC
More
8 years 11 months ago #45 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic GTA V crashes with ReShade 17.1 + SweetFx
So what's the deal? Wait for Nvidia to fix their drivers and wait out the slow loading sequence?

(can't speak for AMD guys, but i'm assuming it's just as messed up)

• Cloudster
More
8 years 11 months ago #46 by Cloudster Replied by Cloudster on topic GTA V crashes with ReShade 17.1 + SweetFx

Constantine PC wrote: So what's the deal? Wait for Nvidia to fix their drivers and wait out the slow loading sequence?

(can't speak for AMD guys, but i'm assuming it's just as messed up)

Also wanted to know what's up with this issue. So the fault is due to nvidia's drivers? Nothing you can do on reshade's side to fix this crash?

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #47 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic GTA V crashes with ReShade 17.1 + SweetFx
Pretty much. Xanvast helped (thanks again and sorry for messing up, you know what I'm talking about =P) to check if it's a DirectX error, but the debug runtime came up empty, so the problem lies deeper. And since no wrappers work for those having troubles at all, this is the only explanation I got.
It's just strange that this happens randomly. Was able to test on two NVIDIA computers myself and it works just fine, but another one had issues.

• ccrusher1
More
8 years 11 months ago #48 by ccrusher1 Replied by ccrusher1 on topic GTA V crashes with ReShade 17.1 + SweetFx
Could it be dependent on what version of windows everyone is running? I read that computers running Windows 7 SP1 (maybe plus an update or so), and those running Windows 8 or later have a newer version of the Microsoft DirectX Graphics Infrastructure. (try saying that 3 times fast). Anyone who has a working game, what version of Windows are you running?

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #49 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic GTA V crashes with ReShade 17.1 + SweetFx
It's not that. I know of at least two people who have that issue on Windows 7 64bit, but Windows 7 64bit is running on those two computers where it's working too.
If you are on Windows 7 you should make sure the platform update for Windows 7 is installed though, that may be a culprint.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 80T, TheWorse

• TheWorse
More
8 years 11 months ago #50 by TheWorse Replied by TheWorse on topic GTA V crashes with ReShade 17.1 + SweetFx
Can confirm, I'm using Windows 7 64 bit and the Platform Update fixed the problems by using d3d11.dll. Thank you crosire!
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, NattyDread, 80T

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #51 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic GTA V crashes with ReShade 17.1 + SweetFx
Awesome! =)
Here's a link to the update in case anybody is wondering: www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=36805
The following user(s) said Thank You: NattyDread, HSneak, 80T, Xanvast

• HSneak
More
8 years 11 months ago #52 by HSneak Replied by HSneak on topic GTA V crashes with ReShade 17.1 + SweetFx

crosire wrote: Awesome! =)
Here's a link to the update in case anybody is wondering: www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=36805

Yaay it worked for me too, thank you very much crosire, you've just solved one of the GTA V mysteries :lol:
Great job

• Xanvast
More
8 years 11 months ago #53 by Xanvast Replied by Xanvast on topic GTA V crashes with ReShade 17.1 + SweetFx
Bwahahaha ! It finally works ! Thx a lot :woohoo:

• richydemars
More
8 years 11 months ago #54 by richydemars Replied by richydemars on topic GTA V crashes with ReShade 17.1 + SweetFx
IiiiiinnnCRE DiiiBleee !! IT WORKS !! Thank you very much Crosire ! you saved my game after one week of waiting : it's beautiful now .

I would love to give you ,and all the modders like CJay, Boris (ENB), a donate and Steam with its new modding policy will be the perfect mean to do this .
If you could find a way to integrate sweetfx in workshop , with perhaps ui improvement , directly in-game , like ENB , it'll be cool and easy for me to donate ...

I return to GTa V zzzzouuuu !!!

• ccrusher1
More
8 years 11 months ago #55 by ccrusher1 Replied by ccrusher1 on topic GTA V crashes with ReShade 17.1 + SweetFx

crosire wrote: It's not that. I know of at least two people who have that issue on Windows 7 64bit, but Windows 7 64bit is running on those two computers where it's working too.
If you are on Windows 7 you should make sure the platform update for Windows 7 is installed though, that may be a culprint.

What was that? It's not that? ;) I think you stand corrected. ;) Lol.

Glad to see the update did in fact help people. Glad I brought that up :D

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #56 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic GTA V crashes with ReShade 17.1 + SweetFx
Yeah, you're right. I was asuming everybody has that update (since Windows Update installs it automatically), which makes the Windows 7 DirectX platform more similar to Window 8, meaning in that case "it cannot be that". Then remembered it was only an update and not default behaviour though and brought that up. So thanks for mentioning it =).
The following user(s) said Thank You: ccrusher1

• ccrusher1
More
8 years 11 months ago #57 by ccrusher1 Replied by ccrusher1 on topic GTA V crashes with ReShade 17.1 + SweetFx

crosire wrote: Yeah, you're right. I was asuming everybody has that update (since Windows Update installs it automatically), which makes the Windows 7 DirectX platform more similar to Window 8, meaning in that case "it cannot be that". Then remembered it was only an update and not default behaviour though and brought that up. So thanks for mentioning it =).

Haha. Glad to help. Sometimes it's the tiniest oversight that can cause the biggest problems, especially when it comes to each individual system. I was just reading into it because I was curious, and then that popped into my head. Now, all I have to do is update my computer, and I'll be enjoying some sweet, sweet graphics. :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

• 80T
More
8 years 11 months ago #58 by 80T Replied by 80T on topic GTA V crashes with ReShade 17.1 + SweetFx
Thx. very much for the fix! Although I keep my Windows Update on Auto, I didn't had this particular one installed for whatever reason...

• ccrusher1
More
8 years 11 months ago #59 by ccrusher1 Replied by ccrusher1 on topic GTA V crashes with ReShade 17.1 + SweetFx

80T wrote: Thx. very much for the fix! Although I keep my Windows Update on Auto, I didn't had this particular one installed for whatever reason...

Maybe it was an optional update. But glad it's working!

• Cloudster
More
8 years 11 months ago #60 by Cloudster Replied by Cloudster on topic GTA V crashes with ReShade 17.1 + SweetFx
That fixed the problem for me, finally works now. I tried using Reshade 0.16+SweetFX 2.0 and it works fine. But when I upgaded to the latest 0.18 version, when loading up GTA V, the intro screen lags so much that it takes forever to get the game loaded. Anyway to fix this or know why it's doing this?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.