Reshade_setup_4.2.1 and sweetfx 2.0 preset?

• fritschi1
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 weeks ago - 5 years 4 weeks ago #1 by fritschi1 Reshade_setup_4.2.1 and sweetfx 2.0 preset? was created by fritschi1
Hallo,
i´m totaly new to reshade and have troubles to understand something.

1. i have found good presets for the zombie game (the wiiu game from 2012 transferred to pc 2015)
2. if i try reshade_2.0.3_with_sweetfx_2.0 i can use the preset
3. with reshade 4 this doesnt work?

What i have tryed.
1, i have startet reshade_setup_4.2.1.exe und chosed zombie.exe and directx9
2. when i start zombie i see the reshader overlay
3. but how to use the old sweetfx 2.0 preset?
4. i have downloaded reshade_2.0.3_with_sweetfx_2.0
5. i have copyed sweet.fx and the folder sweetfx to the game directory
6. i have downloaded transmod.exe
7. i have transmoded the preset SweetFX_Settings_ZOMBI_Princess's Less Green Zombi.txt to SweetFX_settings,txt in the sweetfx folder of the game
8. i start the game
9. but i cant choose sweetfx?
10. i have found that now the shaders are under /reshade-shaders/shaders/.fx
11. so i have moved the sweet.fx form the game folder to this folder
12. now i can find the shader in the reshader overlay in the game
13. but when i check it the screen is 100% black - nothing is shown?

Can´t i use this older presets with the new reshade4 or what make i wrong?

Thx for any help
Last edit: 5 years 4 weeks ago by fritschi1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Uncle Crassius
More
5 years 4 weeks ago #2 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic Reshade_setup_4.2.1 and sweetfx 2.0 preset?
Nope, won't work in 4.2.1. You could try to recreate it. If you need help I can aid you (in german if you like, which seems to be your mother tongue). Can you link the preset you're trying to use?

• fritschi1
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 weeks ago - 5 years 4 weeks ago #3 by fritschi1 Replied by fritschi1 on topic Reshade_setup_4.2.1 and sweetfx 2.0 preset?
Danke, möchte dir keine Mühe machen. Wenn es nicht mit Reshade4 geht kann ich es ja mit reshade2.0.3 versuchen. Nur dort habe ich noch nicht herausgefundn wie man im Overlay was anzeigen kann und wie man das toggled. Die Tasten habe ich noch nicht herausgefunden. Auch die fps kann ich dort nicht anzeigen

Das wäre der file sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/4240/
Last edit: 5 years 4 weeks ago by fritschi1.

• Uncle Crassius
More
5 years 4 weeks ago #4 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic Reshade_setup_4.2.1 and sweetfx 2.0 preset?
Passt schon. Das Preset scheint ja hauptsächlich den Grünfilter zu entfernen. Ich empfehle einfach mal Martys Lightroom Shader, der Teil seiner qUINT-Suite ist. Damit kannst Du etliche Farbe-, Helligkeits-, und Kontrasteinstellungen anpassen. Ist quasi Technicolor und Tonemap in einem plus noch viel mehr. Da es in 4.x inzwischen ja einen Reset-Button für Einstellungen gibt, kannst Du auch einfach mal rumprobieren. Dürfte eigentlich alles selbsterklärend sein. Ist imo ohnehin das beste, wenn man weiß, wie man bestimmte Effekte erzielt, damit man nicht ewig nach Presets suchen muss, sondern sich einfach selbst welche erstellt.
Lightroom ist zwar noch nicht offiziell im Repository, aber Du kannst es Dir hier schon ziehen: reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/4393-quint

• crosire
More
5 years 4 weeks ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade_setup_4.2.1 and sweetfx 2.0 preset?
[It is possible to use SweetFX 2.0 in ReShade 4, but I wouldn't recommend it. You lose most of what makes ReShade 4 good. You won't be able to toggle separate effects, you won't be able to edit your settings in realtime, etc. In short, don't do it. Anyway, see bottom of reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/2501...-guide-for-newcomers for instructions if you want to regardless.]

• !evil
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #6 by !evil Replied by !evil on topic Reshade_setup_4.2.1 and sweetfx 2.0 preset?
I don't know if it made sense, but I took a little time to implement a converter from Sweetfx 2.0 presets to Reshade 4 ( github.com/notEvil/sweetfx ). It mostly maps from #define to effect parameters, but supports a little more (just enough so K-putt'e Config for Just Cause 3 can be converted) and may be extended if necessary.

It would be great if someone could tell if this is valid (most defines seem to map perfectly to effect parameters)!

edit 2019-06-09: I just realized that I introduced a bug in the uploaded version, which is now fixed. My apologies!
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by !evil.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.