TS4: new windows update causing probs with reshade

• amoebae
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #1 by amoebae TS4: new windows update causing probs with reshade was created by amoebae
Lots of people are contacting me saying a recent Windows 10 update is causing their mouse to behave strangely in The Sims 4 while ReShade is installed. It seems to span across different versions of ReShade.

(I use Win7 so I don’t have this problem)

Rotating sims in the sim creation menu makes them spin uncontrollably, and in some cases rotating the camera in regular gameplay makes it spin too fast as well as if there is a problem with mouse sensitivity.

This issue goes away when the ReShade dll is removed. A couple of people have fixed it by removing that Windows 10 update. One person fixed it by renaming their dll (but this didn’t work for others).

Does anyone know what’s going on here, and does ReShade need an update to account for this Windows update? Is it (or similar) happening in other games?
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by amoebae.
The following user(s) said Thank You: szanne7000

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• galacticcat
More
4 years 10 months ago #2 by galacticcat Replied by galacticcat on topic TS4: new windows update causing probs with reshade
I'm experiencing the same issue since I upgrading to the 1903 Windows update. I was not having this issue before the Windows update.
It's so bad it makes it very difficult to create a sim as any attempt at rotating them spazzes out, and makes the sim rotate super fast.

• seri14
More
4 years 10 months ago #3 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic TS4: new windows update causing probs with reshade
I think good to paste the log.

• lovedem
More
4 years 10 months ago #4 by lovedem Replied by lovedem on topic TS4: new windows update causing probs with reshade
Same thing is happening to me :(. Has anyone found a solution yet????

• bligg
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #5 by bligg Replied by bligg on topic TS4: new windows update causing probs with reshade
me too :(
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by bligg.

• nuclearsims
More
4 years 10 months ago #6 by nuclearsims Replied by nuclearsims on topic TS4: new windows update causing probs with reshade
I'm having this issue as well, and updated window's right before this new TS4 update. It was already such a pain to update windows in the first place, hopefully I don't have to try to roll it back.

• Daodan
More
4 years 10 months ago #7 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic TS4: new windows update causing probs with reshade
I'm on Windows 10 and there is sometimes the issue that the mouse sensitivity seems to be significantly increased while ReShade is installed. As far as I can tell that only happens in fullscreen and changing to windowed/borderless usually fixes that. (I don't have TS4 so I can't check if that would work)
The following user(s) said Thank You: amoebae

• amoebae
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #8 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic TS4: new windows update causing probs with reshade

Daodan wrote: I'm on Windows 10 and there is sometimes the issue that the mouse sensitivity seems to be significantly increased while ReShade is installed. As far as I can tell that only happens in fullscreen and changing to windowed/borderless usually fixes that. (I don't have TS4 so I can't check if that would work)

Thanks so much for this. I don't have Windows 10 so I can't check, but I've put out the info and I'll report back if that does in fact fix it.

• lovedem
More
4 years 10 months ago #9 by lovedem Replied by lovedem on topic TS4: new windows update causing probs with reshade
I tried that already and it didn’t. Can the reshade creator check to see what’s going on??

• amoebae
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #10 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic TS4: new windows update causing probs with reshade

lovedem wrote: I tried that already and it didn’t. Can the reshade creator check to see what’s going on??

Is it happening with every version of ReShade? How many have you tried?

• lovedem
More
4 years 10 months ago #11 by lovedem Replied by lovedem on topic TS4: new windows update causing probs with reshade
I only tried with the newest version 4.3.0. I don’t know how to download older versions

• brussell
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #12 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic TS4: new windows update causing probs with reshade
I don't use windows 10, but could this be related to FSE Optimization? Have you tried do disable it it for the games exe?
MonarchX posted some info about this (an how to get rid of it) in several threads:
reshade.me/forum/releases/5150-4-2?start=80#33927
reshade.me/forum/suggestions/4842-reshad...ation-disabled#33114
www.tenforums.com/gaming/83628-disabled-...1b7d06c8f2a1277b3554

lovedem wrote: I only tried with the newest version 4.3.0. I don’t know how to download older versions

reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/294-...-repository-new-host
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by brussell.

• ChelleJo
More
4 years 9 months ago #13 by ChelleJo Replied by ChelleJo on topic TS4: new windows update causing probs with reshade
Windowed/Borderless does not fix the problem. I only play in windowed/borderless as I have three monitors and I was having the issue. I had to uninstall the windows update, though once the windows update is forced on me, I guess I'll uninstall reshade at that time cause the mouse sensitivity is just insanely out of control.

• szanne7000
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #14 by szanne7000 Replied by szanne7000 on topic TS4: new windows update causing probs with reshade
I posted this over here: answers.ea.com/

After I updated to Windows 10, version 1903 on June 14, I had the insane spinning camera, as well. It only happened in ts4 (I have everything, plus some mods and a ton of cc). I thought it was a mouse over-sensitivity issue and attempted to resolve it through the Mouse Settings. It was the mouse wheel. I use the ts3 camera settings and when I clicked and held the wheel everything went berserk!

I have a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000. I did everything except to manually uninstall the drivers (moved the dongle, turned the mouse off and on, replaced the battery, reinstalled the drivers both manually and automatically). Nothing helped.

I swapped my mouse for a wired mouse and there was zero spinning with the click-hold of the mouse wheel. Unfortunately, I cannot stand that mouse AND it is my son's, lol.

I have had this issue since the Windows 10 update, prior to the ts4 patch of 6-18-2019; While it appears to be a bit better (relative to the initial craziness), I still have it. It is especially bad in TAB mode.

Note: I have TwistedMexi's BuildCam mod in. I did remove that after this first happened - it made zero difference.

----
I'm using ReShade 3.1.0.231 with DX9 selected for The Sims 4.

I'm happy to post a log (what log?) & here is my dxdiag info:

System TAB
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: XPS 8910
BIOS: 1.0.19
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ s.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6Ghz
Memory: 24576MB RAM
Page File: 21869MB used, 14381MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Display TAB
Name: AMD Radeon (TM) TX 580
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip Type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x67DF)
DAC Type: Internal DAC (400MHz)
Device Type: Full Display Device
Approx. Total Memory: 20410 MB
Display Memory (VRAM): 8172 MB
Shared Memory: 12237 MB

DirectX Features
Direct Draw Accelleration: Enabled
Direct3D Acceleration: Enabled
AGP Texture Acceleration: Enabled

---
All of my drivers are current (I check Sundays, every week). I do have the graphics card use different settings in my game.
Not sure what to do other than live with it, roll back the Windows 10 update, uninstall ReShade, or get a different mouse (I have used this model for many years and really don't want to use a different one due to my hand disability issues).

Last note - this is an issue ONLY in my The Sims 4 game; otherwise, my mouse acts like it always has.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by szanne7000. Reason: link not showing up

• galacticcat
More
4 years 9 months ago #15 by galacticcat Replied by galacticcat on topic TS4: new windows update causing probs with reshade
I noticed that too. Not only does it go crazy in CAS, but in game too if you have the sims 3 camera enabled.

• amoebae
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #16 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic TS4: new windows update causing probs with reshade
Turn off Origin in-game overlay and see if that solves it.

• lovedem
More
4 years 9 months ago #17 by lovedem Replied by lovedem on topic TS4: new windows update causing probs with reshade
I tried and it does work! but does turning that off make the game run slower because I feel like it did alittle.

• szanne7000
More
4 years 9 months ago #18 by szanne7000 Replied by szanne7000 on topic TS4: new windows update causing probs with reshade
It worked - thankfully; although, I feel like Lovedem does - my mouse feels slow, so I adjusted my mouse sensitivity and now it feels better.

• amoebae
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #19 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic TS4: new windows update causing probs with reshade

lovedem wrote: I tried and it does work! but does turning that off make the game run slower because I feel like it did alittle.

I don't know, I never play with the overlay enabled so I can't say if it slows things down or not. If anything I would have thought the opposite, since it's one less thing taking up power from your PC.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.