Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 4.2

4.2 1 month 2 days ago #81

MonarchX wrote:
WOW! DirectX 12 is coming! YES! I knew all the cries would go through!
FSE Optimization can be disabled via compatibility (right-clicking on EXE) prevents some games, like Far Cry 5 and Far Cry: New Dawn from starting up. Disabling FSE Optimization can also prevent G-Sync from working properly. Most importantly, disabling FSE Optimization can prevent ReShade from applying to some games. That is why I think it may be the reason why some Windows 10 versions are less/more compatible with whichever versions of ReShade than others. That's why I am asking which version you're using :D.
Uh, that's not my experience :) Firstly, FSE is seriously broken. Fullscreen Exclusive is required for so many features including SLI, DSR and Gsync. -Enabling- FSE breaks gsync, not disabling it - give or take. I say 'give or take' because, as you say, it really is a mystery WTF microsoft is up to, and FSE has changed with each release and I don't know how blanket this statement is. But as an SLI user, I'm used to force disabling FSE. Even then, some games which claim to be 'Fullscreen' actually only use 'Fullscreen Windowed' and therefore break SLI, DSR and Gsync rather annoyingly.

I globally force disable FSE in the registry, and I haven't found a single title where Reshade doesn't work.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

4.2 1 month 19 hours ago #82

I ran across a You Tube video profiling Reshade and the visual improvements it brought to DCS World. I think its a great app and would love to add it to my system - if I can only get it up and running. I downloaded the program and followed the installation instructions but when I tried to launch DCS World I got a CTD with the following Runtime Error attached below:

Microsoft Visual C++Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I'm a noob and don't have a clue on what's going on. I did find that the ReShade 4.2 download was missing the dxgi.ini file. Maybe that's got something to do with this issue. Also note that my system is running DX12 and, from what I gather, it may not be supported under the latest ReShade release.
In any event, your guidance and help would be appreciated. Again, I think its a fantastic program but not much use if I can't get it to work. Thanks in advance for everyone's assistance.
Last Edit: 1 month 19 hours ago by mikemadmax.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

4.2 1 month 19 hours ago #83

crosire wrote:
WIP D3D12

You Sir are a freakin' legend! So far it's been 'Oh well DX11 it is'.. Because:Reshade ... Great news that12 is in progress, will indeed be using it once released - Thank you for all the work you put in over the years!!
Last Edit: 1 month 19 hours ago by Iyney. Reason: another edit doh
The administrator has disabled public write access.

4.2 3 weeks 6 days ago #84

Great news that12 is in progress.

Thanks for all the hard work.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

4.2 3 weeks 5 days ago #85

How do we download it? I don't see the download button.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

4.2 3 weeks 5 days ago #86

goldencandy610 wrote:
How do we download it? I don't see the download button.

"Build from source. If you don't know how to do that please just don't bother and wait for this to eventually release in an upcoming version."
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: goldencandy610

4.2 2 weeks 2 days ago #87

thanks a lot !
The administrator has disabled public write access.

4.2 1 week 5 days ago #88

I can't wait; ReShade is the best out there. Thank you very much for all your efforts over the years.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

4.2 1 week 5 days ago #89

A big thank you to all those who participated into ReShade creation and improvement over the years. I'm a fairly new user who's still stumbling with it.

I created some Ini presets for some of my games with 3.0.5 and I was wondering if I migrate to 4.+, do I have to reinstall ReShade for said games, if so, can I keep my presets and my Shaders and Textures folders I've been using for all my games or do I need to download the new ones? In other terms, have files like "Vibrance.fx" and "Curves.fx" changed in 4.+?
Last Edit: 1 week 5 days ago by Anouer.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

4.2 3 days 16 hours ago #90

Martigen wrote:
MonarchX wrote:
WOW! DirectX 12 is coming! YES! I knew all the cries would go through!
FSE Optimization can be disabled via compatibility (right-clicking on EXE) prevents some games, like Far Cry 5 and Far Cry: New Dawn from starting up. Disabling FSE Optimization can also prevent G-Sync from working properly. Most importantly, disabling FSE Optimization can prevent ReShade from applying to some games. That is why I think it may be the reason why some Windows 10 versions are less/more compatible with whichever versions of ReShade than others. That's why I am asking which version you're using :D.
Uh, that's not my experience :) Firstly, FSE is seriously broken. Fullscreen Exclusive is required for so many features including SLI, DSR and Gsync. -Enabling- FSE breaks gsync, not disabling it - give or take. I say 'give or take' because, as you say, it really is a mystery WTF microsoft is up to, and FSE has changed with each release and I don't know how blanket this statement is. But as an SLI user, I'm used to force disabling FSE. Even then, some games which claim to be 'Fullscreen' actually only use 'Fullscreen Windowed' and therefore break SLI, DSR and Gsync rather annoyingly.

I globally force disable FSE in the registry, and I haven't found a single title where Reshade doesn't work.


Nope, check out Blur Busters forums. Blur Busters are pro's when it comes to G-Sync, high refresh rate, and all related software and hardware technologies. They stick to pure science and thorough testing. They investigated FSE and its disabling of FSE that breaks G-Sync and prevents some games from running (Far Cry 5, Far Cry - New Dawn). FSE is enabled by default.

I can only speak for OS builds 1809 LTSC and 1903 Pro. My experience may be better because I use NTLite to get rid of components cleanly and fully that no other program can remove and/or fully disable. DISM and common methods of removal of Xbox DVR/Bar/UI/Game Mode and Game Mode don't prevent Windows 10 OS gam*-related System32 DLL files from binding to Explorer.exe and applying custom settings to games listed in Known Games BIN file. You can verify yourself with Process Hacker 3.0 or Process Explorer apps that show which DLL files bind to Explorer. Free version of NTLite can remove Xbox DVR/Bar/UI/Game Mode if you select it, but you also need to remove the BIN file, which is labeled as Game Explorer component within Media section.

Ever since clean removal of all those components + a ton more, I get flawless gaming performance aside from known game-caused bugs.


BTW, there is a Ray Tracing GTA V ReShade preset out there! Is ReShade seriously coming out with Ray Tracing shader? Link is here -
Last Edit: 3 days 16 hours ago by MonarchX.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

4.2 3 days 12 hours ago #91

MonarchX Nope, that's just my screen-space ray traced GI shader.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thalixte

4.2 3 days 58 minutes ago #92

Aren't his settings are a little off? Perhaps too strong radius. For example there shouldn't be any occlusion next to his hands (here) & no lighting casted by his car (here). I never saw it using MXAO with its default values - Only the highest radius settings were giving me a similar looking image.
The administrator has disabled public write access.