• Gamerboy
More
5 years 1 month ago #41 by Gamerboy Replied by Gamerboy on topic 4.2
Hi,
Corsair, always thankful for your brilliant work.
Any one know how to make smooth, soap opera or soft image effects in Reshade?
The topic has been locked.
  • AladinZ
More
5 years 1 month ago #42 by AladinZ Replied by AladinZ on topic 4.2
Much like all you have already done - Great work.
  • ZBlast
More
5 years 1 month ago #43 by ZBlast Replied by ZBlast on topic 4.2
sorry for bad eng )
I downloaded this injector a few days ago and I absolutely love it. it's an incredibly powerful thing!
So impressed that I wanted to sign up to say thank You :lol:
  • devil_angl
More
5 years 1 month ago #44 by devil_angl Replied by devil_angl on topic 4.2
Hy Bro i Want To play sweetfx in DX12
  • BigDaddy6789
More
5 years 1 month ago #45 by BigDaddy6789 Replied by BigDaddy6789 on topic 4.2
So the new patch for world of warcraft came out on the march 12th 8.1.5 and before it came out it was working fine the reshade but right after patch i tried to download the new version of reshade but its not working at all. and i cannot figure out what i am doing wrong. please help
  • alphamachina
More
5 years 1 month ago #46 by alphamachina Replied by alphamachina on topic 4.2
Anyone know why ReShade might not seem to work in Metro Exodus? It's gotten to where I don't like playing without it, and it's irking me that I can't get it up and running no matter what I try.
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #47 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 4.2
ReShade does not currently support DX12. Both Metro and the latest WOW render with DX12 to my knowledge. IIRC there are options to switch to DX11 in both of them though, which would make ReShade work again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alphamachina
  • JBeckman
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #48 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic 4.2
They even backported part of the D3D12 runtime for Windows 7 in the latest World of Warcraft update and through Microsoft, no idea how that works what with the kernel, DXGI, WDDM and all that also part of the D3D/Windows SDK but that happened.
(EDIT: devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/world-of-...unning-on-windows-7/ )
(EDIT: Which I suppose means that it lacks this which came in effect with Windows 8 and taken further with Windows 10 software.intel.com/en-us/articles/sample...ip-model-swap-chains )

Metro Exodus and Division 2 can be toggled from in-game (Starting to see some nice performance gains with D3D12 too now.) should ReShade be preferred though Division 2 switched from the first games server-side FairFight to the stricter EasyAntiCheat although 4.0.2 is whitelisted and over time and through later updates additional versions might also slowly be whitelisted.

Devil May Cry 5 (Which is different from the previous Devil May Cry V often just called DMC V) also uses DirectX 12 but it has to be adjusted from the config file or the game will be set up to target D3D12 and if that isn't supported fall back to D3D11 which for Windows 10 and most newer GPU's it'll be D3D12 unless the config file is adjusted first changing the target from D3D12 to D3D11, would be nice with a in-game option for it but for some reason that wasn't added. :)
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by JBeckman.
  • OtisInf
More
5 years 1 month ago #49 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic 4.2

crosire wrote: ReShade does not currently support DX12. Both Metro and the latest WOW render with DX12 to my knowledge. IIRC there are options to switch to DX11 in both of them though, which would make ReShade work again.

Not in metro, at least not for me and many others: with an RTX 2080, when you selected DX11, and restarted the game, the game simply hangs before the menu. You have to edit the config file to make it use dx12 to continue.

More and more games support dx12, with DMC5 using DX12 by default without an in-game selector (you have to edit an ini file to move to dx11). Are there massive roadblocks to support dx12 (as in: a lot of refactoring is needed to the inner core to make it work) ?
  • JBeckman
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #50 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic 4.2
DXGI probably gives some grounds with the common functionality for D3D10+ though I guess the shader part would be a thing, from earlier discussions it does look like Crosire has a Windows 10 system for testing now (Though Windows 7 and WoW D3D12 and others coming too might have been one way as well into the API but I suppose the SDK is kinda important and that would need Win10 regardless.) but with the code base for D3D8 to D3D11 and then OGL and even bits of Vulkan it's probably quite a undertaking.

Sigh and then we have game specific issues, API best-practices and total disregard for these and all kinds of broken things hitting low-level here with Vulkan and D3D12 could be a major roadblock for compatibility in a few games at worst but maybe I'm just worrying for nothing and the implementation itself is likely also quite time consuming for all the code that would still be needed regardless of DXGI and a common feature set and hookup into the API or DirectX but that's only part of it.

But the API is seeing more use and the games are also starting to show more performance gains and once shader model 6 and other features come into effect there will also be additional advantages over D3D11 beyond "merely" CPU multi-threading gains and overall performance and efficiency.
(Assuming the developers take their time implementing and using DirectX 12 in full but it's improving little by little. :) )

Well I would also like to see it supported, thinking the current Vulkan support means that API has a priority though before starting on a new one but I guess Crosire would have to say what the current roadmap for ReShade might be looking like. :)

Nice to see ReShade continuing development too, fixes and improvements and new features from 4.0 and on even without even more graphical API's added in the code and support for these and all that would require and then maintaining and what not. Not like I can say much on it but I'd imagine low-level is a bit of a different game entirely in how things work and what is needed and how they can at worst also break not that ReShade has game specific profiles or internals like that being a global injector but trying to maintain a good overall compatibility can probably be a even greater challenge leaving much in the hands of the developers in this regard.

Well just some random comments and thoughts really, looking forward to seeing both VLK and D3D12 supported at some point if it's planned though for now the number of games and apps using them is still fairly low but it's gaining a bit of traction again after a bit of downtime since the first few DirectX 12 games popped up, guessing VLK support would also open up for Proton and native Linux support for ReShade making ports to that system easier, just thinking out loud really but that's also growing a bit and with ReShade open sourced it would be possible for others to support additional platforms I'm thinking.

EDIT: Well shader compilation in ReShade for D3D12 is probably just one thing, DXGI or no. Dependencies in ReShade would also need support for the API(s) I'm guessing and well much more no doubt.
  • brussell
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #51 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic 4.2
Two more issues:
-when klicking "reset all to default" and then "reload", parameters get changed back to the state before the reset
-when alt-tabbing back into a game, pressing the reload key (only the key, the GUI button works well) lets the GUI switch to the last tab (recently there was a bugfix for a similar issue)

Btw:

crosire wrote:

• Added option to disable the screenshot notification message
  • Changed default screenshot format to PNG

Thank you!
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by brussell.
  • ArdaCsknn
More
5 years 1 month ago #52 by ArdaCsknn Replied by ArdaCsknn on topic 4.2
Hey Crosire. I have a problem with the Rocket League. I was trying to make SSR work on it but didn't succes. I somehow managed to work it in some version but I don't even remember how.

• OtisInf
More
5 years 1 month ago #53 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic 4.2
@JBeckman Ansel uses the (standalone) reshade compiler and works for DX12, so I guess that's not really an issue (or it might be using the older one, no idea). the multithreaded aspect of dx12 might be a problem, I've frankly not enough knowledge about what the roadblocks are for reshade in particular. If it's a matter of time, perhaps others can chime in and do parts.
  • JBeckman
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #54 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic 4.2
I know there's a slight performance hit involved with multiple render targets though the extent likely varies from one game to another and on how said game is setting up other things, Monster Hunter World as a example due to a problem with it's CPU core count and instead flatly creating 32 processes threads which would create a bit of a issue with the whole pipeline.
(EDIT: Well that's not entirely D3D12 but they improved it further from Microsoft's way of doing it under D3D11 and then there's NVIDIA and a method with deferred render context threads which they make use of to also improve performance over the API defaults.)

DirectX 12 also enforces flip model presentation and draws upon newer features form DXGI 1.5+ now including HDR and 10-bit which I assume would also need to be tackled at some point. (The pink screen you get if you use ReShade for screenshots if I'm not fumbling this too badly as part of the frame buffer and formats involved.)

And more, well yeah time and tons of work I would imagine plus a matter of compatibility and it also being a evolving API with both D3D12 and Vulkan seeing extensive changes and development though this would probably be a lesser issue than the rest since neither Microsoft nor Khronos would risk breaking backwards compatibility either.

Entirely new API even more so than the break between D3D9 to D3D10 and then D3D11 after that so not a small change at all and likely not a trivial amount of code either to support and wrap all it's features and who knows what things look like on the game/software side of things giving developers greater control over certain parts and how this risks causing problems like say random crashes and graphical artifacts, error handling and other bits but introduce entirely new untested variables via third party utilities and yeah who knows how it's going to end up.

Wonder how much work NVIDIA are doing driver side for Ansel and it's variant of ReShade and shaders also riding on this functionality though it's good to hear that does work with D3D12 along with the previous API's. :)

EDIT: Well I only know a small overview really, it's fascinating to read up on but it's a massive subject and a very complex one too so not much more than some of the basics and what's already *very* well documented and more widely known.

EDIT: And come to think of it with partial Vulkan support now part of ReShade I expect that first before the program would tackle a different API, either of the two supported would be nice to see eventually and both would be excellent but I can imagine it would take a lot of free time and quite a bit of code to see that done so probably not for some time yet. Well I wouldn't know but looking forward to having it supported when the program gets there maybe at some point in the future. :)

DirectX 11 isn't going away in any hurry either, pretty sure the plan is still to keep D3D11 as a high-level and D3D12 as a low-level so both are maintained and updated and will be around for years but DirectX 12 is picking up again after a bit of a hiatus following the earlier titles using it.
(Should also help with both display driver maturity and functionality or support for newer features and also familiarity from the software side and game implementation and programming.)
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #55 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 4.2

OtisInf wrote: @JBeckman Ansel uses the (standalone) reshade compiler and works for DX12, so I guess that's not really an issue (or it might be using the older one, no idea). the multithreaded aspect of dx12 might be a problem, I've frankly not enough knowledge about what the roadblocks are for reshade in particular. If it's a matter of time, perhaps others can chime in and do parts.

It's not about the compiler. The ReShade FX compiler now supports shader model 6 for DX12 and SPIR-V for Vulkan. Code for the hooks is already there too (it was removed from the master branch a while ago, but I still have it in a side branch that's not on GitHub). Only the runtime implementation is missing. No roadblocks there, it's just a matter of time and me feeling like doing it. I started the work, but it's gonna take a while, since I'm not putting a lot of time on it.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, JBeckman, acknowledge, Viper_Joe, Masterfireheart, seri14
  • Chavolatra
More
5 years 1 month ago #56 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic 4.2
it is saying support for DX12 and vulkan is coming ?
  • EliteArtz
More
5 years 1 month ago #57 by EliteArtz Replied by EliteArtz on topic 4.2
ty
  • Seaclean
More
5 years 1 month ago #58 by Seaclean Replied by Seaclean on topic 4.2
How big a donation should I grant you for motivating you to make Reshade fully compatible with DX12?
  • Tojkar
More
5 years 4 weeks ago #59 by Tojkar Replied by Tojkar on topic 4.2

Seaclean wrote: How big a donation should I grant you for motivating you to make Reshade fully compatible with DX12?

I would believe that the most feasible price is not counted in currency but rather as your own ability to code and willingness to throw your skills into the mix. I do not speak for the developers, but I've been following the developement from the start of SweetFX and I believe it is quite accurate that finding both suitable code and time to research that is much more bigger problem than money. Somebody can correct me, if I'm wrong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OtisInf
  • brussell
More
5 years 4 weeks ago #60 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic 4.2
Issue:
There is currently an issue with depth buffer detection resulting in log spamming with the error message: ERROR | Failed to create depth stencil replacement resource view! HRESULT is '0x80070057'. When "Copy depth before clearing" is checked, the error is logged every(!) frame.