Screenshot Thread

• jas01
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #601 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic Screenshot Thread
Thanks for your answer. :)
I would love to have Raymarch AO in this game. With this AO I can have amazing performance (almost no fps lost ) with "57 AO Samples" and amazing quality. (even on my laptop - Thanks Marty ;) )

BTW. Lovely screenshot. ;)
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by jas01.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Martigen
More
9 years 2 months ago #602 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Screenshot Thread
Reshade geniuses -- so, with the Witcher 3 downgrade and the power of Reshade and the framework at our disposal... can we get some sexy profiles going? :)

I'm specifically curious about Ambient Light and if that can return some improved lighting to the game, not to mention whether we can improve on the AO (grasses, whether set to SSAO or HABO in-game seem to be exempt). I'm familiar with most SweetFX effects but still a noob on Gem/Marty/et al.

• BillyAlt
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #603 by BillyAlt Replied by BillyAlt on topic Screenshot Thread

Martigen wrote: Reshade geniuses -- so, with the Witcher 3 downgrade and the power of Reshade and the framework at our disposal... can we get some sexy profiles going? :)

I'm specifically curious about Ambient Light and if that can return some improved lighting to the game, not to mention whether we can improve on the AO (grasses, whether set to SSAO or HABO in-game seem to be exempt). I'm familiar with most SweetFX effects but still a noob on Gem/Marty/et al.

Witcher 3 doesn't have anything that's "downgraded" that ReShade can compensate for, unless for some reason you need more bloom and flares and color adjustments, or prefer SMAA or something.

Ambient Light functions very similarly to HDRR lighting, just within in its own variables. It artificially brightens/blooms or darkens a seen, over time, by measuring the average brightness of a frame and adjusting how it looks accordingly. (LuciferHawk, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.) It's a really great effect, especially for games with poor or zero HDRR, but Witcher 3 already does that, but more accurately and at greater performance since its engine-level and not wrapped.

Don't really know what you're referring with Ambient Occlusion. Grass is most definitely being calculated in SSAO and HBAO+, and with minimal or no flickering.

I've been seeing this all over the place. Witcher is using HBAO+, PhysX, tesselated hair and hair simulation, crepuscular rays, simulated facial musculature, temporal antialiasing, depth-based motion blur, and a load of other powerful and cutting edge computer graphics. How on earth is this game downgraded?
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by BillyAlt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

• strelokgunslinger
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #604 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic Screenshot Thread

BillyAlt wrote:

Martigen wrote: Reshade geniuses -- so, with the Witcher 3 downgrade and the power of Reshade and the framework at our disposal... can we get some sexy profiles going? :)

Witcher 3 doesn't have anything that's "downgraded" that ReShade can compensate for, unless for some reason you need more bloom and flares and color adjustments, or prefer SMAA or something.

Ambient Light functions very similarly to HDRR lighting, just within in its own variables. It artificially brightens/blooms or darkens a seen, over time, by measuring the average brightness of a frame and adjusting how it looks accordingly. (LuciferHawk, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.) It's a really great effect, especially for games with poor or zero HDRR, but Witcher 3 already does that, but more accurately and at greater performance since its engine-level and not wrapped.

Don't really know what you're referring with Ambient Occlusion. Grass is most definitely being calculated in SSAO and HBAO+, and with minimal or no flickering.

I've been seeing this all over the place. Witcher is using HBAO+, PhysX, tesselated hair and hair simulation, crepuscular rays, simulated facial musculature, temporal antialiasing, depth-based motion blur, and a load of other powerful and cutting edge computer graphics. How on earth is this game downgraded?

It's been listed what was removed, one of those being realtime/full scene reflections

lets keep this thread on the topic of general screenshots tho, make a new thread for Witcher Specific discussion

====

[img
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by strelokgunslinger. Reason: added screenshot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikan, BillyAlt

• Ganossa
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #605 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Screenshot Thread

BillyAlt wrote: Witcher 3 doesn't have anything that's "downgraded" that ReShade can compensate for, unless for some reason you need more bloom and flares and color adjustments, or prefer SMAA or something.

Thats a pretty accurate description there (though AL also includes various dirt effects and increase and decrease of light works not the same) and I also happened to notice that TW3 is actually the first game (that I know of) which went that (same) way to actually decrease detailed vision when being blinded which is what people now like to praise most. Before that, games usually implemented a camera lens which tries to increase visibility. However, having more information accessible (such as the sun location) is actually holding them back. That realistic adaptation effect is now only applied for (direct) sunlight which I find not consequent enough. It does not matter to our eyes if the light is coming directly from the sun or is reflected on a surface, the effect will be the same (though it is usually strongest for the sun of course). In that sense I find AL more consequent cause it actually should not be dependent on the suns location (though it is of course the more important for plenty other effects). This also brings me to a few points where I find AL helpful in TW3 which are indoor scenes (where downgrade to dynamic lighting actually happened) and any bright (mainly sky) scene that is not directly focusing the sun.

Anyway, I agree, TW3 looks and feels very immersive but you might guess that I do test/play it with ReShade Framework mainly :P (though using VERY few shader)

@strelogunslinger, yeah I already feel bad not having any screen I can add to my comment :silly:

Fixed :P
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Ganossa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikan, BillyAlt, jas01

• Ganossa
More
9 years 2 months ago #606 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Screenshot Thread
How to power-LUT ;)

For all the people that are skilled with Photoshop and want to apply their skill to a game instead of changing values in a file.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ioxa, Kleio420, Alex_outer, BrandonHortman, jas01

• Merpitymerp
More
9 years 2 months ago #607 by Merpitymerp Replied by Merpitymerp on topic Screenshot Thread
I just tested Space Engineers and found that it works. Here's a photo from it! It gives me a really classic space-movie-esque theme with the settings I'm using (I didn't do much tweaking, it looks great with just a few effects turned on at defaults):

It's a great game, and with these settings the atmosphere is incredible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikan, Aelius Maximus, Tycholarfero

• Ganossa
More
9 years 2 months ago #608 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Screenshot Thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikan, jas01, jmx777

• GroinShooter
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #609 by GroinShooter Replied by GroinShooter on topic Screenshot Thread
The Witcher 3
Just a load of test shots of my ReShade settings aiming for a similar look as the game had back in 2013-2014 (still wip).

My Flickr
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by GroinShooter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikan, jas01, Lumiya

• Constantine PC
More
9 years 2 months ago #610 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic Screenshot Thread

GroinShooter wrote: The Witcher 3
Just a load of test shots of my ReShade settings aiming for a similar look as the game had back in 2013-2014 (still wip).

When it's done you should link it somewhere. Tons of people are just uploading terrible overly blue presets calling it the "2013 look"
It would be refreshing to have something actually good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmx777

• BeTa
More
9 years 2 months ago #611 by BeTa Replied by BeTa on topic Screenshot Thread
:( how did you guys take screenshots in witcher 3???
i did a preset but cant make screens for comparsions :(

the key just doesnt work in witcher 3 for screenshotting, also afterburner doesnt work, keys dont react to it, i tested several diff. key combos..

please someone help me, i want to post my preset but i cant do it without screens...

THX

• orphennoc
More
9 years 2 months ago #612 by orphennoc Replied by orphennoc on topic Screenshot Thread
somme testings with gemfx on DS2 SoFs

• GroinShooter
More
9 years 2 months ago #613 by GroinShooter Replied by GroinShooter on topic Screenshot Thread

Constantine PC wrote:

GroinShooter wrote: The Witcher 3

When it's done you should link it somewhere. Tons of people are just uploading terrible overly blue presets calling it the "2013 look"
It would be refreshing to have something actually good.

Yeah I've seen a couple of those presets flying around too. I think a load of new games always get those "filmic" or "realistic" presets made for them and many times the presets don't actually present what it's name really stands for. Anyway, my preset still needs work but I'll definitely upload it when it's ready.

BeTa wrote: :( how did you guys take screenshots in witcher 3???

the key just doesnt work in witcher 3 for screenshotting, also afterburner doesnt work, keys dont react to it, i tested several diff. key combos..

please someone help me, i want to post my preset but i cant do it without screens...

THX

Nothing special needed to take a screenshot in The Witcher 3 just press printscreen button and the screenshot should appear in
"The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64".

• mickevincent
More
9 years 2 months ago #614 by mickevincent Replied by mickevincent on topic Screenshot Thread
Just some Ocarina of Time. I just wish someone with deep assembly skills would make a 60fps hack ... 19 fps is a little bit to cinematic for me....

• Ganossa
More
9 years 2 months ago #615 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Screenshot Thread

;)

• player12
More
9 years 2 months ago #616 by player12 Replied by player12 on topic Screenshot Thread
nice shots Lucifer!!

can u post a link for ur mods please ?

• BeTa
More
9 years 2 months ago #617 by BeTa Replied by BeTa on topic Screenshot Thread

BeTa wrote: :( how did you guys take screenshots in witcher 3???

THX

Nothing special needed to take a screenshot in The Witcher 3 just press printscreen button and the screenshot should appear in
"The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64".[/quote]

thats teh thing, i tried it, and it aint working. it doesnt register teh keys.. i tried everything, there wont be any screenshots.. i dont get it, im allmost going insane now, since i cant figure out what the hell is going on...

if someone has an idea or wants to take a look via teamview or whatever, please contact me...

greetz and THX

• strelokgunslinger
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #618 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic Screenshot Thread
Screenshot Key works, Effect Toggles don't
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by strelokgunslinger.

• Ganossa
More
9 years 2 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #619 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Screenshot Thread

player12 wrote: nice shots Lucifer!!

Its not very far :P
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by crosire. Reason: Fixed link

• strelokgunslinger
More
9 years 2 months ago #620 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic Screenshot Thread

player12 wrote: nice shots Lucifer!!

reshade.me/#download

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.