Screenshot Thread

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #501 by jmp909 Replied by jmp909 on topic Screenshot Thread
few more without Tiltshift..

(GTA IV / ReShade Framework / RealityIV)




(bigger)




Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by jmp909.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #502 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic Screenshot Thread


Coming soon as a preset.

Also, can SweetFX dithering simulate the old software renderer ones? (Just so I use it instead of filmgrain)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 1 month ago #503 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Screenshot Thread
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by crosire. Reason: Fixed link

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #504 by YOBA Replied by YOBA on topic Screenshot Thread
Two colors in palette with one type of dithering [strike]make zero sense[/strike]...

Standart preset for DiRT 2
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by YOBA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #505 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic Screenshot Thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #506 by Quentin-Tarantino Replied by Quentin-Tarantino on topic Screenshot Thread
DiRT 3 - Reshade + Framework ;)



The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikan, Courier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #507 by Courier Replied by Courier on topic Screenshot Thread
Damnit now I gotta buy DIRT 3



The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikan, Quentin-Tarantino

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #508 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Screenshot Thread
The problem with all these image-changing shaders is that they positively affect some areas, but negatively affect other areas. They can make dark areas look way too dark, even go as far as clipping/crushing your blackest black level, or make bright areas too bright, possibly clipping/crushing the whitest white level. Over-saturation can be good, but if you run across some natively/vanilla saturated scenes/objects/images, the highest saturation levels will blend, removing detail. If you have a calibrated monitor with accurate colorspace and gamma, there should be fewer problems with original visuals. I mostly use FXAA, SMAA, LumaSharpen, and Film Grain as none of them really change

I think it takes tremendous amount of testing and trying different settings to really make the WHOLE game look better. Otherwise its only good for screenshots.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by MonarchX.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #509 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic Screenshot Thread
@MonarchX

This is very true indeed, Extreme instances of HDR, Curves, Levels, Ambient LIght or Filmic Pass can flood the whitest area on the screen bleeding into the surrounding area and drowning out detail, this is the primary reason why I've stopped using these effects or at the very most a toned down rendition of these effects. for example I've halved the power of curves in my preset.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Aelius Maximus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #510 by SkacikPL Replied by SkacikPL on topic Screenshot Thread
Some 4k DOA shizzle.













I've got more but they're quite heavy.
If anyone wants to view all of them just go here:
www.skacik.pl/images/DOA/reshade/cheap/1.jpg
Numbers are 1 to 15. Alternatively you can get lossless PNGs from here:
www.skacik.pl/images/DOA/reshade/1.png
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #511 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Screenshot Thread

Aelius Maximus wrote: @MonarchX

This is very true indeed, Extreme instances of HDR, Curves, Levels, Ambient LIght or Filmic Pass can flood the whitest area on the screen bleeding into the surrounding area and drowning out detail, this is the primary reason why I've stopped using these effects or at the very most a toned down rendition of these effects. for example I've halved the power of curves in my preset.


Thats why the eye adaptation "shader" exists. It is able to controle and adjust effect strength depending on scene brightness :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #512 by Courier Replied by Courier on topic Screenshot Thread
There is an eye adaptation shader? Since when.

Also I've been experimenting quite a lot with Crysis, I made a lens texture with a transparent hexagon mesh and with a fisheye effect to kinda simulate a helmet-visor ish look, though I don't like how the dots ended up looking, not as I expected.
I wish there was a counter-lensdirt effect that instead of showing the lens texture when there's light/brightess on that part of the screen showed it in dark areas instead.





The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikan, SunBroDave, jmp909, Aelius Maximus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 1 month ago #513 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Screenshot Thread

Courier wrote: There is an eye adaptation shader? Since when.


Since it controls Ambient Light, HeatHaze and various other light effects in the ReShade Framework. :P
Search in GemFX_settings.cfg for AL ADAPTATION PARAMETERS.
alAdaptBaseMult controls the base eye adaptation for the original image. However, that specific one did worked very naive until yesterday :silly:
I wrote about it in my Dev Blog
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by crosire. Reason: Fixed link
The following user(s) said Thank You: brussell, Aelius Maximus, Courier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #514 by Courier Replied by Courier on topic Screenshot Thread
Awesome. I'll look into it. Is it already out? I'm using the .17 framework that was updated for GTAV.

Also, can you tell me if it would be possible to make a negative version of lens dirt, instead of using bright parts of the screen use darker ones to show the lens texture? Or anything to give more control over which parts of the lens texture are shown would also be great.
I'd like to be able to use at least two different lens textures at the same time, each with it's unique settings to have for example a texture that was for the edges of the screen with certain values and then a different texture for the central areas/entire screen with different effects. Sort of like with UE/Unity where you can stack various UI textures to form a HUD.

This for example, I'd like to have the mesh lens texture to apply to the entire screen and especially on the edges so I could remake the texture and remove the central part and make it blurrier around the center and then use a different texture on the center of the image.

How feasible would this be?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #515 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic Screenshot Thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #516 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Screenshot Thread

Courier wrote: Awesome. I'll look into it. Is it already out? I'm using the .17 framework that was updated for GTAV.

Also, can you tell me if it would be possible to make a negative version of lens dirt, instead of using bright parts of the screen use darker ones to show the lens texture? Or anything to give more control over which parts of the lens texture are shown would also be great.
I'd like to be able to use at least two different lens textures at the same time, each with it's unique settings to have for example a texture that was for the edges of the screen with certain values and then a different texture for the central areas/entire screen with different effects. Sort of like with UE/Unity where you can stack various UI textures to form a HUD.

This for example, I'd like to have the mesh lens texture to apply to the entire screen and especially on the edges so I could remake the texture and remove the central part and make it blurrier around the center and then use a different texture on the center of the image.

How feasible would this be?


Yes, it is out already but I actually came back to it for improvements since the last release (especially for the base adaptation) as I wrote before.

The cheapest (performance wise) solution for a negative lens effect would be applied to everything where it would normally not be applied. The problem with this cheap solution is that you cannot distinguish more than that (so have different lens strength depending on how dark the "dark" part is).

Which lens effect are you currently using? It is basically fairly simple to have edge and center lenses blend together. However, if there is only this specific use case where it could be applied, it might be better to implement that shader separately from what we already have.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #517 by Courier Replied by Courier on topic Screenshot Thread
Currently using the lensdirt from Gem, which is why I wanted to ask you. I am guessing I need to update my framework again?
So far I only know about one instance of lens dirt, not various.
I am guessing to use them it would be fairly simple, as long as they use the same shader make different instances.

puu.sh/hwomv/39f103e978.png

This is the texture I am currently using.
With the single "lens intensity" controls that are in gem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #518 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Screenshot Thread

Courier wrote: Currently using the lensdirt from Gem, which is why I wanted to ask you. I am guessing I need to update my framework again?
So far I only know about one instance of lens dirt, not various.
I am guessing to use them it would be fairly simple, as long as they use the same shader make different instances.

puu.sh/hwomv/39f103e978.png

This is the texture I am currently using.
With the single "lens intensity" controls that are in gem.


Sorry, but lets move this discussion into the GemFX suite category then :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #519 by Courier Replied by Courier on topic Screenshot Thread
Absolutely.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #520 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Screenshot Thread
Working on some intelligent camera focus :) (and I need to update my hardware...)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Quentin-Tarantino

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.