Depth buffer detection modifications

• robgrab
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #101 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: Cool ! So, this is dx11 game.

Yes. They used the Bioshock Infinite engine (Unreal 3.0) for the Remastered editions, which is DX11. The originals used Unreal Engine 2.5, which was DX9, although they did have a DX10 mode. The improvements to lighting and textures were already huge when compared to the originals but now with addition of AO and DoF it looks amazing! I've really enjoyed my return to Rapture. Thanks again, thalixte!!
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by robgrab.
The topic has been locked.
  • Androll
More
6 years 1 month ago #102 by Androll Replied by Androll on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I have some free time now, thalixte do you need some more test results from various DX9 titles?
  • NoMansReshade
More
6 years 1 month ago #103 by NoMansReshade Replied by NoMansReshade on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Out of curiosity, is this possible to do with OpenGL? DirectX9 seems to be challenging, so I can't imagine OpenGL would be that much better.

Also, has anybody tried using Nvidia Inspector to force anti-aliasing into a game while using this?
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #104 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Androll wrote: I have some free time now, thalixte do you need some more test results from various DX9 titles?

Oh, yes, it would be nice :cheer:
  • Androll
More
6 years 1 month ago #105 by Androll Replied by Androll on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
In Half-Life 2 depth is working in-game with some bugs like flickering characters and objects as you travels the map. In 3D menu depth is broken.

Some screens:
Warning: Spoiler!

Settings that works for me:

As before, to retrieve depth you need to change retrieval mode every game restart, even when you use correct settings. Just change retrieval mode to postprocess and back to 2nd mode.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #106 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Androll wrote: In Half-Life 2 depth is working in-game with some bugs like flickering characters and objects as you travels the map. In 3D menu depth is broken.

Some screens:

Settings that works for me:

As before, to retrieve depth you need to change retrieval mode every game restart, even when you use correct settings. Just change retrieval mode to postprocess and back to 2nd mode.

Thks ! Can you test those ones (should remove the initialization bug, bot not the texture flickering yet):
d3d9_32bits.zip
d3d9_64bits.zip
The following user(s) said Thank You: Androll
  • Androll
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #107 by Androll Replied by Androll on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Initialization bug is gone :woohoo: Nice work. Just one thing that i forget of, depth output in hl2 is black when RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED =1. Maybe DisplayDepth shader mess something up?

Reversed =1

Reversed = 0

Some new screens of bugged objects.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Androll. Reason: Typo
  • Chavolatra
More
6 years 1 month ago #108 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Can have detect depth buffer in re 4 ultra hd edition ?
  • Androll
More
6 years 1 month ago #109 by Androll Replied by Androll on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Bugs aside, Half-Life 2 in motion look good enough for normal gameplay.

• lowenz
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #110 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Curious thing about this new version and UT3 (maybe all Unreal Engine 3 powered games): with DB Clearing set to "none" I got the DB, MXAO is correctly applied with NO frame corruption BUT the weapon/arm model disappears (it's there BUT with no textures! I can see the MXAO applied to the 3D model!).

The frame corruption - and the weapon/arm model+textures - returns with DB Clearing set to "1"
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by lowenz.
  • lowenz
More
6 years 1 month ago #111 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
In Singularity (UE3.x) there's the same issue BUT the weapon/arm model+textures are blackened (DBC "none" and MXAO applied with no corruption):

[img
  • robgrab
More
6 years 4 weeks ago #112 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I just tried Resident Evil 4 Ultimate HD with the 32 bit version of your dxd9.dll. I went through every combination but nothing worked. :(

There has to be a way. I still have the original release of RE4 on the PC (the crappy version). Boris created an ENB for that which had depth buffer access. I can't imagine much changed between that version and the "Ultimate HD" version.
  • Chavolatra
More
6 years 4 weeks ago - 6 years 4 weeks ago #113 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

robgrab wrote: I just tried Resident Evil 4 Ultimate HD with the 32 bit version of your dxd9.dll. I went through every combination but nothing worked. :(

There has to be a way. I still have the original release of RE4 on the PC (the crappy version). Boris created an ENB for that which had depth buffer access. I can't imagine much changed between that version and the "Ultimate HD" version.

and this mod ?
RE 4 HD
Last edit: 6 years 4 weeks ago by Chavolatra.
  • cloud6625
More
6 years 4 weeks ago #114 by cloud6625 Replied by cloud6625 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I tried out the new d3d9.dll on A Hat In Time and got the depth buffer working.

unfortunately it seems to flicker when moving and it causes the normal visuals to turn into this mess:
  • Uncle Crassius
More
6 years 4 weeks ago - 6 years 4 weeks ago #115 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Used the new d3d9.dll for Outlast. Depth Buffer shows, but causes heavy flickering and graphical artifacts and shows only some of the models with major assets missing. Since it's Unreal Engine I'd wager it will work if it works for Dishonored.
Last edit: 6 years 4 weeks ago by Uncle Crassius.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 weeks ago - 6 years 4 weeks ago #116 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Uncle Crassius wrote: Used the new d3d9.dll for Outlast. Depth Buffer shows, but causes heavy flickering and graphical artifacts and shows only some of the models with major assets missing. Since it's Unreal Engine I'd wager it will work if it works for Dishonored.

I know there should be bugs. I don't have much time to track them for the moment, sorry. But thks for your infos, since i can't test on all d3d9 games. ;)

Could you try those new ones ?
d3d9:
d3d9_32bits.zip
d3d9_64bits.zip

d3d11:
dxgi_32bits.zip
dxgi_64bits.zip

Important edit:
With the 32 bits one, i can now make the depth buffer works as intended in Mass Effect 2 ! :woohoo:
Last edit: 6 years 4 weeks ago by thalixte.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Uncle Crassius
  • robgrab
More
6 years 4 weeks ago #117 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Your links are for dxgi.dll not d3d9.dll
  • lowenz
More
6 years 4 weeks ago - 6 years 4 weeks ago #118 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Rename it, it's the same.

Edit: there're the older ones, 06 March.
Last edit: 6 years 4 weeks ago by lowenz.
  • Uncle Crassius
More
6 years 4 weeks ago - 6 years 4 weeks ago #119 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

Uncle Crassius wrote: Used the new d3d9.dll for Outlast. Depth Buffer shows, but causes heavy flickering and graphical artifacts and shows only some of the models with major assets missing. Since it's Unreal Engine I'd wager it will work if it works for Dishonored.

I know there should be bugs. I don't have much time to track them for the moment, sorry. But thks for your infos, since i can't test on all d3d9 games. ;)

Could you try those new ones ?
d3d9_32bits.zip
d3d9_64bits.zip

Glad I can help. Tried out the 64-bit one (renamed) on Outlast again and got no depth access at all despite trying out all options.
Last edit: 6 years 4 weeks ago by Uncle Crassius.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 weeks ago #120 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote: Rename it, it's the same.

Edit: there're the older ones, 06 March.

Whoops... Sorry for the bad links. I edited my previous post, so you can retrieve the good ones :cheer:
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.