Depth buffer detection modifications

• thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #1141 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Jesped wrote: Tried Wolfenstein II The New Colossus.
No depth, but normal is showing, although the Reshade part covers just the lower part of the screen, with the edge flashing.

The Reshade UI blinks ? I have that sort of pb in Wolfenstein Youngblood. I hope Crosire will find a solution for this.
I guess it is a pb of synchronization between Reshade and the game rendering.
There should be a better way to ensure that the game has finished rendering the frame before Reshade applys on top of it.
The depth buffer is available, as you can see on your screenshot. If the normal view works, the depth view also works. If it does not display correctly, just adjust the RESHADE_DEPTH_INPU_IS_REVERSED param, and if it still does not work, you can play with the far plane.
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by thalixte.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jesped
The topic has been locked.
  • JBeckman
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #1142 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Vulkan might have some different means for checking that sort of thing for when a frame is drawn although it might require some more changes to ReShade.
I need to re-read how that worked, there's some pretty neat features and ways to do some things but not sure how that would best apply for ReShade and how some of the games on VLK might be doing things if that might affect things as well between 1.0 and the current 1.1 version and various updates over time. (1.1.121.0 I think is the absolutely latest though there's no pre-compiled SDK or runtime of that yet short of building it from the code.)

EDIT: Though it's more of an idea or theory and the existing implementation probably relies on some of these anyway for when ReShade should be doing it's thing especially now with more modern rendering techniques involved. :)
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by JBeckman.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #1143 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

JBeckman wrote: Vulkan might have some different means for checking that sort of thing for when a frame is drawn although it might require some more changes to ReShade.
I need to re-read how that worked, there's some pretty neat features and ways to do some things but not sure how that would best apply for ReShade and how some of the games on VLK might be doing things if that might affect things as well between 1.0 and the current 1.1 version and various updates over time. (1.1.121.0 I think is the absolutely latest though there's no pre-compiled SDK or runtime of that yet short of building it from the code.)

EDIT: Though it's more of an idea or theory and the existing implementation probably relies on some of these anyway for when ReShade should be doing it's thing especially now with more modern rendering techniques involved. :)

Hi, Jonas... Vulkan provides the vkWaitForFences method.With this and the getFenceStatus method, it should be possible to check for unsignaled fences, and wait for them... The pb here is that my nvidia driver dll does not returns to me the address of the vkGetFenceStatus method, so i cannot hook it...
The following user(s) said Thank You: JBeckman
  • JBeckman
More
4 years 7 months ago #1144 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Ah so that's how it works, wonder if that's just a limitation of the user drivers then whether regular (Latest being 436.15 now I think as of yesterday.) or the VLK beta branch drivers. (Older driver branch, newest VLK implementation and updates.)

Learning quite a bit here, seems a common issue is also that the wait command should have a timeout value greater than zero but from how it sounds like it's not so much that it doesn't return the state but it doesn't include the information you would require.

Hopefully the driver issues won't be too much of a blocker though or maybe less issues and more limitations against something like a development oriented driver rather than the regular consumer ones.

Good to see it does have the functionality I vaguely recalled but unfortunately it doesn't provide the data which would help with this particular problem and then from reading there's all kinds of examples and ways this could be used but the Khronos documentation already seems pretty extensive for all of these functions and how to utilize them optimally. :)
  • Niko of Death
More
4 years 7 months ago #1145 by Niko of Death Replied by Niko of Death on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Just to clarify, this is what the .json should look like
{
	"file_format_version" : "1.0.0",
	"layer" : {
		"name": "VK_LAYER_reshade_overlay",
		"type": "GLOBAL",
		"library_path": ".\\ReShade64.dll",
		"api_version": "1.1.73",
		"implementation_version": "1",
		"description": "crosire's ReShade post-processing injector for 64-bit",
		"enable_environment": {
			"ENABLE_VK_LAYER_reshade_overlay_1": "1"
		},
		"disable_environment": {
			"DISABLE_VK_LAYER_reshade_overlay_1": "1"
		}
	}
}
and this is what the bat should look like
set VK_LAYER_PATH=No Man's Sky\Binaries;%VK_LAYER_PATH%
set VK_INSTANCE_LAYERS=VK_LAYER_reshade_overlay
@start "" "No Man's Sky\Binaries\NMS.exe"
right? This is what is auto generated for me.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #1146 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Niko of Death wrote: Just to clarify, this is what the .json should look like

{
		},
		}
	}
}

yes, it is. You can also add the VK_LAYER_STEAM environment vars, in ordeer to ensure they are disabled; like that:
set DISABLE_LAYER_NV_OPTIMUS_1=1
set DISABLE_VK_LAYER_VALVE_steam_overlay_1=1
set DISABLE_VK_LAYER_VALVE_steam_fossilize_1=1

but, according to Crosire, the Reshade layer should not conflict with the Steam layer...

The batch set the env vars necessary for the Reshade layer to start, then it starts the game...

Have you tried to launch without enabling any shaders ?
  • Niko of Death
More
4 years 7 months ago #1147 by Niko of Death Replied by Niko of Death on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

Niko of Death wrote: Just to clarify, this is what the .json should look like

{
		},
		}
	}
}

yes, it is. You can also add the VK_LAYER_STEAM environment vars, in ordeer to ensure they are disabled; like that:
set DISABLE_LAYER_NV_OPTIMUS_1=1
set DISABLE_VK_LAYER_VALVE_steam_overlay_1=1
set DISABLE_VK_LAYER_VALVE_steam_fossilize_1=1

but, according to Crosire, the Reshade layer should not conflict with the Steam layer...

The batch set the env vars necessary for the Reshade layer to start, then it starts the game...

Have you tried to launch without enabling any shaders ?

Yes, I deleted all shaders (excluding reshade.fxh, reshadeui.fxh and stuff like that), and there is no defaultini.ini
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #1148 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Niko of Death wrote: Yes, I deleted all shaders (excluding reshade.fxh, reshadeui.fxh and stuff like that), and there is no defaultini.ini

You should also remove the Reshade.ini file...
  • Niko of Death
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #1149 by Niko of Death Replied by Niko of Death on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

Niko of Death wrote: Yes, I deleted all shaders (excluding reshade.fxh, reshadeui.fxh and stuff like that), and there is no defaultini.ini

Still no luck, unfortunately
EDIT: Do you use RTSS/MSI Afterburner? I usually have the overlay active, maybe that's causing it? (I have tried turning off RTSS but maybe its still hooking?)
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Niko of Death. Reason: RTSS
  • mirt81
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #1150 by mirt81 Replied by mirt81 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Niko of Death wrote:

thalixte wrote:

Still no luck, unfortunately

Maybe Keep in mind the AdminRigts for NMS.exe . . . last change for me G0Gversion now i hat not to Set the AdminRights like before for Run ? ? ?

( after reinstall same Win10 with self made ISO)
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by mirt81.
  • Jesped
More
4 years 7 months ago #1151 by Jesped Replied by Jesped on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Same problem than Assetto Corsa Competizione happens in Man of Medan, another Unreal Engine 4 title. The Depth buffer size doesn't match the main image, there is an empty space in the lower part of the screen.
Is there any way to fix this?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #1152 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Can you please test this one ? It fixes a bug in some D3D12 games (for instance, FIFA 19). Maybe it could fixes some Frostbite D3D12 games :P
Reshade setup.zip mega.nz/#!34p0DCSZ!XjuEXIaQvsClfn2hDjDzhMX2j-Hh2kIGDeQxLpYIhlw

[img

[img
  • klotim
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #1153 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I have an issue with Assassin's creed 2 with the depth buffer, it works perfect but the characters is not included, which ruins it since the characters gets more or less transparent at cases.

Is that fixable? I would really appreciate the help since its the same with brotherhood and revelations as well.
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by klotim.
  • Rayman_77
More
4 years 7 months ago #1154 by Rayman_77 Replied by Rayman_77 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Reshade 4.3.0 crash start in the Gear 5 dx12.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #1155 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Rayman_77 wrote: Reshade 4.3.0 crash start in the Gear 5 dx12.

Which version ? The one i provided, or the official Reshade release ? have you tried renaming dxgi.dll to d3d12.dll ? What are the Reshade's logs ?
  • klotim
More
4 years 7 months ago #1156 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

klotim wrote: I have an issue with Assassin's creed 2 with the depth buffer, it works perfect but the characters is not included, which ruins it since the characters gets more or less transparent at cases.

Is that fixable? I would really appreciate the help since its the same with brotherhood and revelations as well.

@thalixte Anything i can provide to help you with this issue?
  • Jesped
More
4 years 7 months ago #1157 by Jesped Replied by Jesped on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: Can you please test this one ? It fixes a bug in some D3D12 games

Same result:

It has something to do with letterbox?
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #1158 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Jesped wrote:

thalixte wrote: Can you please test this one ? It fixes a bug in some D3D12 games

Same result:

It has something to do with letterbox?

Hmmm. It was not intended to fix the depth buffer viewport in Man of Medan (due to the letterbox), but 'm currently on it (don't know if i will find the clue).
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #1159 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

klotim wrote:

klotim wrote: I have an issue with Assassin's creed 2 with the depth buffer, it works perfect but the characters is not included, which ruins it since the characters gets more or less transparent at cases.

@thalixte Anything i can provide to help you with this issue?

With my last release, i have no pb with Assassin's Creed II:

[img

[img
  • Rayman_77
More
4 years 7 months ago #1160 by Rayman_77 Replied by Rayman_77 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

Rayman_77 wrote: Reshade 4.3.0 crash start in the Gear 5 dx12.

Which version ? The one i provided, or the official Reshade release ? have you tried renaming dxgi.dll to d3d12.dll ? What are the Reshade's logs ?

The official one, I'll try with this post and d3d12, just try Dxgi.dll.
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.