Depth buffer detection modifications

• Laitauriz
More
4 years 6 months ago #1181 by Laitauriz Replied by Laitauriz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I am sorry thalixte and Lowenz, but i still can't get the depth buffer to show . I'm stuck on that since several days. Maybe i missed something ?

In Far Cry 1 i can get an incomplete depth buffer at best, and in deux Ex ( Revision Mod, directx 10 or directx 9 ) i have nothing except the weapon sometimes. I tried all that i could ( de inverted, preserve depth etc....)
The topic has been locked.
  • JBeckman
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #1182 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Surge 2 got released on Steam and is using the VLK API though the developers overrode the launcher and bundled Vulkan-1.dll into the game folder but it's just a copy of the kinda old by now 1.1.70.0 runtime so I just tossed that out. :D
(Can't quite be compliant with the intended way of using this. Runtime itself is here with the latest being 1.1.120.2 and it's backwards compatible so I tend to update it when a new version comes around. vulkan.lunarg.com/sdk/home#windows )

Will be interesting to see how this is compatibility wise though I see the merge request for VLK depth buffer support now got included in the ReShade code and pending is a inclusion for UWP support, nice to cover that too when that gets included.

EDIT: Hello JSON files and full logging and the ability to enable validation layers, this could have some use for Surge 2 and Vulkan and ReShade troubleshooting if it works the way I'm thinking. :D

EDIT: GBuffer

Geometry buffer related crash then at least for this title though that's what I see in the log so it might not be the full story for what's happening here.

EDIT: Hmm no ReShade doesn't use or hook the G Buffer far as I know so it's probably where it crashes as the game initializes what looks like the particle system and not why it crashes just somewhere around there in the startup process and chain of events...so then the validation layers...
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by JBeckman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NattyDread
  • NattyDread
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #1183 by NattyDread Replied by NattyDread on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Hey Jonas have you seen this?

He apparently hooks dx11 DLL with The Surge 2.
Have no idea what's happening...looks legit
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by NattyDread.
  • JBeckman
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #1184 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Might be possible, among the various .DLL libraries there's FFmpeg with dependencies upon D3D11 and DXGI which if that loads up then you have a possible non-Vulkan way to hook ReShade through bypassing the current method of loading it as a layer instead.

There's also several references in these files to the bridging .dll files used by other programs and games but the game doesn't have these files itself, might be one reason next to outdated GPU drivers (Vulkan 1.1 and whatever dependencies and vendor specific instructions they are drawing upon setting the minimum needed here.) anyway particularly for those on Windows 7 the game might not be very functional as the updates for this are optional or manual download only just as something I've observed so far. :)

Videos are in a WebM format too curios enough but that explains the FFmpeg codec instead of just going with BIK2 though in turn yeah that could be one method to get ReShade loaded.
(Game also supports DirectX 12 but will crash if this is attempted to be loaded since it's not entirely complete at least for the actual code otherwise that would have been a way too.)

EDIT: And for ReShade I'd probably try the latest compiled .dll (4.3.1.400) from this topic as it has a number of code additions plus the D3D12 depth buffer fix and Vulkan depth buffer support code but there's general changes and updates to ReShade itself and it might benefit API's such as D3D9 - 11 and OpenGL although it's not a final release version and anti cheat software would also be more strict with letting anything not 4.3.0 through.

EDIT: Nope it wouldn't be that simply as it turns out, hmm. Well with luck and the games ridiculous open engine and extensive logging info this might be possible to get more info out of.
  • Rayman_77
More
4 years 6 months ago #1185 by Rayman_77 Replied by Rayman_77 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Not Buffer game old (BlacksiteArea 51) DX9.
pastebin.com/mQXvwVjP
  • mirt81
More
4 years 6 months ago #1186 by mirt81 Replied by mirt81 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
For Infomatik :side:

RiverTunerStatisticServer 7.2.2 lets run NMS - Vulkan with ReShade

RiverTunerStatisticServer 7.2.3 pevent NMS - Vulkan run with ReShade
  • Wicked Sick
More
4 years 6 months ago #1187 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Do you guys have success opening this link? I get an error. I would like to try again.

thalixte wrote:

Niko of Death wrote:

thalixte wrote: Can you please test this one ? It normally gives access to depth buffer in all Vulkan games i tried :P

Reshade setup.zip mega.nz/#!a1BknSZK!1unWubf_jffPqhQB2iOgNDUxzHLKP6ga6jfqljeXQJI

To test it, you have to use the Reshade installer, which will create a .bat file in the game folder. In order for Reshade to work with the vulkan API, you have to launch the game with this created batch file.

For Steam user: it conflicts with the Steam vulkan layers. So, disable them before testing.

I'm trying with GOG NMS, still no luck. Tried with both your zip and compiling from latest source myself. Here's my debug log: pastebin.com/QVa9GNfR

More luck with this one: mega.nz/#!f1whxQDb!uC21xGpMgIfObf8WLl17JasiLVml6Ac9Ix8ejFeoKVY ?

• thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #1188 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

mirt81 wrote: For Infomatik :side:

RiverTunerStatisticServer 7.2.2 lets run NMS - Vulkan with ReShade

RiverTunerStatisticServer 7.2.3 pevent NMS - Vulkan run with ReShade

Well, thks a lot for this info ! Will check as soon as i can...
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #1189 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Wicked Sick wrote: Do you guys have success opening this link? I get an error. I would like to try again.

thalixte wrote:

Niko of Death wrote:

thalixte wrote: Can you please test this one ? It normally gives access to depth buffer in all Vulkan games i tried :P

Reshade setup.zip mega.nz/#!a1BknSZK!1unWubf_jffPqhQB2iOgNDUxzHLKP6ga6jfqljeXQJI

To test it, you have to use the Reshade installer, which will create a .bat file in the game folder. In order for Reshade to work with the vulkan API, you have to launch the game with this created batch file.

For Steam user: it conflicts with the Steam vulkan layers. So, disable them before testing.

I'm trying with GOG NMS, still no luck. Tried with both your zip and compiling from latest source myself. Here's my debug log: pastebin.com/QVa9GNfR

More luck with this one: mega.nz/#!f1whxQDb!uC21xGpMgIfObf8WLl17JasiLVml6Ac9Ix8ejFeoKVY ?

Well, here is the latest build i made:

Reshade setup.zip mega.nz/#!C0ojlQbI!HTTPIw1wMCVDHPad_gB-esCFVYjQSl0UN4TpNSBZOdQ
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by thalixte.
  • JBeckman
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #1190 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Wonder if Mega is acting up again, this gives builds from September 10th.
(.386 and .385 specifically with the newest I am aware of being 4.3.1.400 from the 13th.)

Not a big issue as such and the current low-level games installed would be Rage 2 and Surge 2 but there's some smaller possibly game specific issues and for the rest it's working really well. Nice to see initial support and code for UWP titles too from comparing with the newest Github commits. :)
(Outer World from Obsidian might benefit from that when it comes out since I am not a huge fan of EGS until that deal is over with 6-12 months later on.)

Hmm wonder if the next version is getting close to a release state once this UWP support code has been merged in and then there's one more pending code commit for a shader feature I think?

Looking good. :)
(VLK, UWP, D3D12 and other general fixes and improvements since 4.3.0 came out.)

EDIT: Also need to see what's doing that with Mega Upload but eh it's not a huge problem, more of a curiosity though I can hopefully find out and resolve it eventually. :D
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #1191 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

JBeckman wrote: Wonder if Mega is acting up again, this gives builds from September 10th.
(.386 and .385 specifically with the newest I am aware of being 4.3.1.400 from the 13th.)

Not a big issue as such and the current low-level games installed would be Rage 2 and Surge 2 but there's some smaller possibly game specific issues and for the rest it's working really well. Nice to see initial support and code for UWP titles too from comparing with the newest Github commits. :)
(Outer World from Obsidian might benefit from that when it comes out since I am not a huge fan of EGS until that deal is over with 6-12 months later on.)

Hmm wonder if the next version is getting close to a release state once this UWP support code has been merged in and then there's one more pending code commit for a shader feature I think?

Looking good. :)
(VLK, UWP, D3D12 and other general fixes and improvements since 4.3.0 came out.)

EDIT: Also need to see what's doing that with Mega Upload but eh it's not a huge problem, more of a curiosity though I can hopefully find out and resolve it eventually. :D

Hi Jonas ;) Why don't you join us on the Reshade Discord server ? The latest experimental builds are also available on it...
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by thalixte.
  • JBeckman
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #1192 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Probably should, I haven't been very active here in quite a while though so it's mostly checking progress occasionally for any changes to ReShade or it's shaders and trying to brush up on overall knowledge and understanding of well lots of stuff but for this it's been the recent changes and getting better at D3D12 and Vulkan though there's no hurry for now since the API's are so far quite a ways from becoming more readily utilized in games and other software but it's at least getting there bit by bit. :D

Hitting a couple of issues and trying to figure out what those were from although looking at the broader picture with the numerous less than standard implementations and solutions in code for games and elsewhere it's almost surprising software like ReShade works a well as it does and is as compatible as it is so it's been quite a learning experience after seeing that.

No wonder there's all these options and settings and many others could probably be added but would likely be complicating the software setup for ReShade and profiles greatly.

Will be interesting to see how UWP and Win10 Store support ends up too since by default without getting creative users have limited access to these folders though that can be resolved in various ways if the files have to be in various folders short of using a loader or proxy injecting the ReShade .dll files.
(VLK and D3D12 are interesting too though there's the game side itself and then third party software and the driver side plus for VLK the runtime software and for D3D12 the Windows OS itself and now also in some capacity Windows 7 too.)

EDIT: Wait...does that mean that is the latest build then? Hah so what's this other version then and where did that even come from. Confused but oh well nothing new there. :D
(No those were indeed the latest files and then the other one was some test for something else possibly D3D12 related but only for the x64 dll file. :) )
  • mirt81
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #1193 by mirt81 Replied by mirt81 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Testet " ReShade 4.3.1.385 " with RivaTuner 7.2.3 do a new ReShade-Install - it dosnt worked NMS.exe in normal user mode dont Start and in admin mode ReShade dosnt grab but NMS starts .

Are ReShade Version 4.3.1.400 existing ? dont have knowledge to build self frrom Git

So far because RivaTuner i using 7.2.2 wouldnt harm me: :S
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by mirt81.
  • sajittarius
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #1194 by sajittarius Replied by sajittarius on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: Hi Jonas ;) Why don't you join us on the Reshade Discord server ? The latest experimental builds are also available on it...

I joined, had to join Reshade Discord and go to #relevant-discords channel, then joined PGhub and went to #reshade-builds

Thanks for the info!

Edit: looks like there are a few builds, some have UWP support, some regular. For example:

"Latest, non-UWP with Emulator support" says 4.4.0.844 (x86) + 4.4.0.845 (x64)
"up-to-date with UWP stuff." says 4.4.0.838 + 4.4.0.839

So basically, some good stuff in there :)
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by sajittarius.
  • JBeckman
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #1195 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I think the emulator commit had some pointers from Crosire on what needed to be adjusted but it's probably working well plus it would include the newer October 4th commits if the compile date is October 5th maybe getting that last one in too.
github.com/crosire/reshade/commits/master

Code cleanup, something for the video players and a few other merges.
For Vulkan itself it looks like the September 25th additions are a good inclusion and then there's a couple of pending commits and probably a bit more work on emulation and what the UWP commit will end up as once it's merged in and finished.

Pretty extensive update for 4.4.0 though it's been a while since 4.3.0 now so no surprises really. :D

EDIT: From my understanding at least, game specific issues and compatibility quirks are also a thing but well that's how things are I suppose.

EDIT: Although for the emulator merge I think it's mostly from using profiles for a specific couple of emulators which Crosire is trying to avoid with ReShade which considering the number of titles using API's wrong or doing all kinds of weird stuff that's pretty impressive how that design has held up over the years now. :)
  • sajittarius
More
4 years 6 months ago #1196 by sajittarius Replied by sajittarius on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
yea, i couldn't get any of those builds to work with The Surge 2 though :(

At least Nvidia Freestyle works, at the very least it helps with fixing gamma/contrast (the lighting in Surge 2 is kind of weird, like they were going for super harsh cinematic lighting or something).
  • JBeckman
More
4 years 6 months ago #1197 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Surge feels like they are going a bit out of the intended distribution means with some of the files so I wonder if that might act up a bit or it could just be other changes or how it's initializing since the game looks to be a mix of D3D12 and Vulkan but with D3D12 binaries stripped out so it can't be activated.

There's various Windows system files and even the Vulkan loader files directly in the game folder for compatibility reasons I assume instead of relying on the OS and the Vulkan loader or runtime also bundled with the display driver.

Although since it's not modified further ReShade64 called as a extension should still be loaded but it sounds like it still crashes.
From what I am hearing the beta also worked better and looked less messy but at least the gamma issue is being investigated since it seems either broken or something was scaled back or adjusted from the beta and review builds to the release build which is why the game look a bit odd or even flat at times.

Guess Youngblood, Rage 2 and now Surge 2 aren't going to be very cooperative even with the latest VLK additions for ReShade included.
Had hoped to get more info particularly from Surge 2 with it's pretty in-depth logging functionality but that hasn't helped quite as much and some of the dev and debug features were quietly disabled in the first hotfix so that also removes a few of the things that could have been tested.
  • sajittarius
More
4 years 6 months ago #1198 by sajittarius Replied by sajittarius on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
it's a shame, Vulkan seems to perform awesomely FPS wise, but it seems all over the place with versioning (like every game uses a different build?). Will be nice if they can get it a little more standardized, would be great to combine the shaders of reshade with the performance of vulkan :)
  • Aelius Maximus
More
4 years 6 months ago #1199 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Does anyone know how to test the new UWP builds on any of the UWP titles? Seems pretty impossible to me considering everything is encrypted and locked down?
  • sajittarius
More
4 years 6 months ago #1200 by sajittarius Replied by sajittarius on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Aelius Maximus wrote: Does anyone know how to test the new UWP builds on any of the UWP titles? Seems pretty impossible to me considering everything is encrypted and locked down?

I'm also curious how this works. I know the Vulkan support creates extra stuff (json and bat file in the games exe folder), but UWP apps restrict the folder pretty heavily.
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.