Depth buffer detection modifications

• Rayman_77
More
4 years 6 months ago #1261 by Rayman_77 Replied by Rayman_77 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
No white list for Gear 5 yet? Even with version 4.3.0 the game keeps crashing at the beginning.
The topic has been locked.
  • JBeckman
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #1262 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
EAC has a client side little signature file so it's whenever the game is updated if the developers include a newer file allowing later updated utilities to be loaded which for the D3D12 fixes in ReShade 4.4.0 and on is probably quite beneficial for the game but it can take months and several game updates before this happens.

Would be nice if it just had a server side file it grabbed instead to ensure the game always had the latest "definitions" of whitelisted software including for titles that are no longer actively updated meaning you'd have to break the anti-cheat software or just be forced to use a earlier compatible version of ReShade but lacking the latest features and fixes.

EDIT: Though these builds won't really work being unofficial and also lacking the signature from the official ReShade releases though hopefully 4.3.0 and later will be updated as compatible/whitelisted as I believe Gears 5 is still getting near monthly content updates so there's a chance at least until support dwindles down.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by JBeckman.
  • Niko of Death
More
4 years 5 months ago #1263 by Niko of Death Replied by Niko of Death on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
In the demo for Dragon Quest Builders 2, the depth buffer appears in an ellipse-like shape (it's not exactly an ellipse as it has points at the cardinal directions), meaning the four corners of the image are missing depth info. Using your latest depth buffer code, selecting CLEAR 2 of the default depth buffer gives a full image, but only of basic geometry (missing characters, objects etc.) as can be seen here: imgur.com/a/58XB1uD
Weird case, not sure what could be causing it.
  • x8009
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #1264 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
When using resolution 1080p it works fine and there is auto pick depth buffer and depth view. but when using 1440p 2560x1440p there is no depth view anymore. Also 4K doesn't have depth view. there are couple depth buffers to pick, but none works. When using 4K and Rendering resolution 0.65, there are choices, low-resolution depth buffers, and couple high-resolution depth buffers.it doesn't auto pick the right depth buffer, need to manually pick.
using 4.5.2. It was working fine with releases 4.3.x I think and lower. All the depth buffers there are to pick doesn't have depth view.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by x8009.
  • morbeliur
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #1265 by morbeliur Replied by morbeliur on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Not sure whether this is a known problem or even adressable, but when using a 16:10 resolution, in cutscenes that force a standard 16:9 resolution (example is Mass Effect 2), the depth buffer is aligned to the top of the screen, while the game image is vertically centered, which causes a noticeable offset between depth-buffer-based effects and the actual image.
Is this something that could potentially be adressed? can reshade adapt to varying game resolutions or am I better off just playing in a standard 16:9 resolution? Using the latest 4.5.2 version, but this has occured on earlier versions, as well.
Examples of the problem:
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by morbeliur.
  • x8009
More
4 years 3 months ago #1266 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
thalixte please check discord pm :cheer:
  • FYKC
More
4 years 2 months ago #1267 by FYKC Replied by FYKC on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
The depth buffer appears to be squashed and misaligned vertically and I can't figure out how to correct it, if there's even anything I can do about it at all. All anti-aliasing is disabled and I'm not running ENB or game monitoring/overlay programs that could potentially conflict.

My question is, is there anything I can do to correct this? New Vegas is the only game I've experienced this with.

• SavvyKraken
More
4 years 1 month ago #1268 by SavvyKraken Replied by SavvyKraken on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
You could try the DisplayDepth shader as that has allowed me to change the location and even squash and stretch the depth to fit.

However, I'm more curious where you got a proper depth access. I can't see the depth unless the game is paused or just the Pipboy. Was the fix somewhere in this thread?
  • FYKC
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1269 by FYKC Replied by FYKC on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

SavvyKraken wrote: You could try the DisplayDepth shader as that has allowed me to change the location and even squash and stretch the depth to fit.

However, I'm more curious where you got a proper depth access. I can't see the depth unless the game is paused or just the Pipboy. Was the fix somewhere in this thread?

Thanks for the tip. I was able to get the DisplayDepth to correctly display the depthbuffer after tweaking the scale a little bit, but that doesn't apply to MXAO.

As you can see, MXAO is still misaligned...

As for getting the depthbuffer to "work", no special fix, I just happened upon a version of ReShade that has access.

I am using Reshade version 4.4.2.700 <--Older versions might work too but I know for a fact depthbuffer access in NV is broke in versions 4.5+

Under DX9 tab I have ticked:
+Copy depthbuffers before clear operation
+Auto Preserve
+Focus on the best original depthstencil source

(use aspect ratio heuristic is unchecked as it breaks access)

Global Preprocessor Definitions are all set to 0

DisplayDepth Scale is 1.000 | 1.135
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by FYKC.
  • SavvyKraken
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1270 by SavvyKraken Replied by SavvyKraken on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Ah. That is unfortunate then. I'm trying to get Ray Tracing to work, but it breaks with any Reshade version before 4.5 ...

Does anyone know if the linked download at the beginning of this topic will allow me to see the Depth in New Vegas? (Since apparently it allows games to work that hadn't previously)

Glad to hear it worked for you, by the way.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by SavvyKraken.
  • FYKC
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1271 by FYKC Replied by FYKC on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

SavvyKraken wrote: Ah. That is unfortunate then. I'm trying to get Ray Tracing to work, but it breaks with any Reshade version before 4.5 ...

Does anyone know if the linked download at the beginning of this topic will allow me to see the Depth in New Vegas? (Since apparently it allows games to work that hadn't previously)

Glad to hear it worked for you, by the way.

RT shader Beta 0.8.1 works with Reshade 4.4+

e: Reshade 4.3 has perfectly functional depthbuffer access, but RT shader fails to compile. I have no clue what version would work with 4.3. Probably one of the early Alpha builds.

ee: Can confirm that RT shader Beta 0.8.0 works with Reshade 4.3.

Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by FYKC.
  • SavvyKraken
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1272 by SavvyKraken Replied by SavvyKraken on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
*Sigh... Now, I'm having the same problem as the previous commenter where the DisplayDepth is having no effect on the RT Shader reading.. It looks one way on the DisplayDepth shader and another on the RT Shader, so I can't change the RT depth at all.
I'm using Beta 0.8.1 and Reshade Version 4.4.2.7

Tried 4.3 but it doesn't actually have full access to the depth, so you can just see an outline of the geometry instead of fully shaded shapes.
  • FYKC
More
4 years 1 month ago #1273 by FYKC Replied by FYKC on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Idk, only thing I can think of is to make sure you have any and all anti-aliasing disabled since that causes issues with the depthbuffer.
  • SavvyKraken
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1274 by SavvyKraken Replied by SavvyKraken on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
[strike]After following everyone's advice, I managed to get usable depth, but mine is misaligned and I can't find a way to get the values from DisplayDepth to "stick". So far, I've edited the global preprocessor definitions (In the HOME tab) and even created a new custom one with the same values. Is there something I'm missing on how to use my own custom depth values to pass into the Path Tracing shader?[/strike]

Finally figured this out. Remember to press "Reload" after editing the Preprocessor Definitions, Kids!

Depth works perfectly and with some extra tweaking, I've gotten Path Tracing working as well.
  • ZX3000GT1
More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #1275 by ZX3000GT1 Replied by ZX3000GT1 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: Here are two new dlls. the 32 bits one should work with RE4 HD ;)

Just disable in game anti-aliasing and play with the Depth buffer clearing number (third works fine for me)...

d3d9_32bits.zip
d3d9_64bits.zip

Those new dlls should also fix the displaying UI problem in Dark messiah, Supreme Commander, Divinity II, and so on... Could you please check this.

I revert back to the old version of input.cpp and input.hpp of the 3.1.2 release reshade lib.
Seems that, for d3d9 games, modifications introduced in the last commits lead to some displaying pbs. Will probably add an issue in the github repo...

@Crosire: could you pls test this...

Can someone reupload this? The link is dead unfortunately
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by ZX3000GT1.
  • clamatormentas
More
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #1276 by clamatormentas Replied by clamatormentas on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
At first it only worked on re6 ... I thought I needed the old dlls, but no, just use version 4.4.2.700 and voila, Resident Evil 4 Ultimate with RT works. Thank you.
Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by clamatormentas. Reason: image add
  • cr4zyw3ld3r
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #1277 by cr4zyw3ld3r Replied by cr4zyw3ld3r on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
what dlls did you use?
  • IncredibleHulk
More
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #1278 by IncredibleHulk Replied by IncredibleHulk on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

DonaldDuckling wrote: Hello, i was going to post about Journey, the depth buffer is offset?/depends on camera somehow.
But have a look at assassins creed 1 and 2, altair and close objects are moved from the preserved depth shader somehow, in dx9. dx10 does nor produce a usable depth. Altair appears in the loading screen.

this is the uplay version btw.

Yes, i know. This is because the code included in the v4.30 does not include the fix for Assassin's Creed II.

Here are the dlls from the very last commit in the master Reshade fork (should work better with Assassin's Creed II, and maybe Assassin's Creed I - not tested):

Last Reshade dll (32 bits) mega.nz/#!a5BxAQpa!lLqr81eob49LJQ3V2pDUSapj_PjjCqgVxwOpOxIDvGc
Last Reshade dll (64 bits) mega.nz/#!zgI3najD!mjnmAtaybREhehNHKORKZTaRDmkBY34Vo16E7ufvq6w

What happened to those modifications. Are they still in development?
I use this version of ReShade for game Automobilista and rFactor 1 as this is still the only version that don't produce flickering tree textures.

Thanks anyway
Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by IncredibleHulk. Reason: added quote
  • Kokumotsu
More
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #1279 by Kokumotsu Replied by Kokumotsu on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Has anyone had Depth buffer work successfully within Dragon Age 2? I can get it to somewhat work, Usually just either a black or white screen.Messing with theDepth in DX11 settings will fix the issue and will begin to display some imagery but its just the outline of the characters but theyre sideways.
Im currently at work but i can post screenshots of what its doing. Withing Display Depth adjusting the 3 options doesnt do much either.
IDK if its my settings running at 4k or if its just not supported yet, but i have seen some people get ray tracing running in DA2, just i dont know how to get passed this first step.
Im running the latest reshade and RTX release.
Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by Kokumotsu.
  • Chavolatra
More
4 years 1 week ago #1280 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
any chance for make Depth Buffer works if MSAA on?
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.