Depth buffer detection modifications

• iTest
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #1101 by iTest Replied by iTest on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
It doesn’t matter which API is selected in the game, such an error pops up on both APIs. It is in the latest version of the licensed metro.

Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by iTest.
The topic has been locked.
  • mirt81
More
4 years 8 months ago #1102 by mirt81 Replied by mirt81 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Switcht from Win10-18o9 to Win10-16o7 so by that +Vulkan+ support Stops . . .

Maybe helping Log: www.techinferno.com/applications/core/in...achment.php?id=18871 th@nks 2 Techinferno
  • GregTheChief
More
4 years 8 months ago #1103 by GregTheChief Replied by GregTheChief on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Damn I updated it more then 10 days ago..can't go back to win1607
  • JBeckman
More
4 years 8 months ago #1104 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Looks like the code base for ReShade has some additional fixes too such as SRGB support.
github.com/crosire/reshade/commits/master

Wonder if that is what affected compatibility with some of the newer titles although I didn't think SRGB was that common outside of a few engines and specific games.
(Unity has a thing for it that I do know.)

Don't see why a older OS of Win10 would affect anything since Vulkan is part runtime and part the display driver so unless WDDM or DWM affected anything compatibility wise (Like say the full-screen optimization toggle trying to engage a model of flip model presentation.) or HDR and the way Windows 10 handles that and changes stuff around it shouldn't interfere but then again Windows is also Windows so there's that too.
(Current cumulative for 1903 has a few issues currently being tested and fixed on a update in the release preview ring and that update also resolves a latency spike in the kernel that was quite troublesome and then for 1909 or 19H2 or what it will end up with the prior update broke at least one maybe two OS components which Microsoft is working on though some users managed to update to the newest cumulative also so it's not a 100% failure rate here.)
  • mirt81
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #1105 by mirt81 Replied by mirt81 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
-
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by mirt81.
  • mirt81
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #1106 by mirt81 Replied by mirt81 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
-
  • mirt81
More
4 years 8 months ago #1107 by mirt81 Replied by mirt81 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

JBeckman wrote: Looks like the code base for ReShade has some additional fixes too such as SRGB support.
github.com/crosire/reshade/commits/master

Wonder if that is what affected compatibility with some of the newer titles although I didn't think SRGB was that common outside of a few engines and specific games.
(Unity has a thing for it that I do know.)

Don't see why a older OS of Win10 would affect anything since Vulkan is part runtime and part the display driver so unless WDDM or DWM affected anything compatibility wise (Like say the full-screen optimization toggle trying to engage a model of flip model presentation.) or HDR and the way Windows 10 handles that and changes stuff around it shouldn't interfere but then again Windows is also Windows so there's that too.
(Current cumulative for 1903 has a few issues currently being tested and fixed on a update in the release preview ring and that update also resolves a latency spike in the kernel that was quite troublesome and then for 1909 or 19H2 or what it will end up with the prior update broke at least one maybe two OS components which Microsoft is working on though some users managed to update to the newest cumulative also so it's not a 100% failure rate here.)

Maybe a 0ption:

I know that after win10-16o7 something happen to handling of Graphics Hardware & Software special on Nvidia Cards . . . on web people call the problems Dither & ColourBanding most by Displays where no 0wn Edid-Handle is build in.

In my case gtx980m after win10-16o7 i cant do user-display-settings with NvidiaControlPanel ( if i set as example own Gamma or Kontrast and plug in a USB-drive or Mount a ISO File the User-settings will be deactivatet - not in Nvidia_control but Systemwide)

Only stable Settings after win10-16o7 for Gamma are they Set in Win10 own DisplayCalibri.

Driver Relatet Nvidia-Controlcenter-Settings for Win10-Versions after Win10-16o7 they Stable is NvidiaDriver-391.35
  • mirt81
More
4 years 8 months ago #1108 by mirt81 Replied by mirt81 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

GregTheChief wrote: Damn I updated it more then 10 days ago..can't go back to win1607

Read Carefully ;-)

No, No dont go to Win10-16o7
  • mirt81
More
4 years 8 months ago #1109 by mirt81 Replied by mirt81 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

iTest wrote: It doesn’t matter which API is selected in the game, such an error pops up on both APIs. It is in the latest version of the licensed metro.

Dont Use ReShade 4.3.1 for AllDayUse its Beta and works not Great for DirectX engines . . . MetroExodus is using DX11 & DX12 EndUser can chose .

By usin ReShade 4.3.1 with +Vulkan+ on DirectX engines i personal have Isues
  • mirt81
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #1110 by mirt81 Replied by mirt81 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Have ReInstalled Win10-18o9 and hat first not Working Vulkan on NoManSky ?

Installed NvidiaDriver 431.60 cleared howl NoManSky-Binary Folder & lets check G0G Files so the will ReDownloaded - now +Vulkan+ works again !

( aditional switcht back to NoManSky 2.06F build 51923 once +Vulkan+ Hooked it Supports newest build and NvidiaDriver436.02 .)
  • GregTheChief
More
4 years 8 months ago #1111 by GregTheChief Replied by GregTheChief on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

mirt81 wrote:

GregTheChief wrote: Damn I updated it more then 10 days ago..can't go back to win1607

Read Carefully ;-)

No, No dont go to Win10-16o7

Ohw just saw it haha
  • Wicked Sick
More
4 years 8 months ago #1112 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Still no luck with NMS ):
  • GregTheChief
More
4 years 8 months ago #1113 by GregTheChief Replied by GregTheChief on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Me too :(
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #1114 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Can you please test this one ? It normally gives access to depth buffer in all Vulkan games i tried :P
Reshade setup.zip[strike] mega.nz/#!a1BknSZK!1unWubf_jffPqhQB2iOgNDUxzHLKP6ga6jfqljeXQJI [/strike]

To test it, you have to use the Reshade installer, which will create a .bat file in the game folder. In order for Reshade to work with the vulkan API, you have to launch the game with this created batch file.

For Steam user: it conflicts with the Steam vulkan layers. So, disable them before testing.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by thalixte.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick
  • GregTheChief
More
4 years 8 months ago #1115 by GregTheChief Replied by GregTheChief on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: For Steam user: it conflicts with the Steam vulkan layers. So, disable them before testing.

You mean the two keys in the regedit?
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #1116 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

GregTheChief wrote:

thalixte wrote: For Steam user: it conflicts with the Steam vulkan layers. So, disable them before testing.

You mean the two keys in the regedit?

Yes. And clear the steam layer cache too...
  • Niko of Death
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #1117 by Niko of Death Replied by Niko of Death on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: Can you please test this one ? It normally gives access to depth buffer in all Vulkan games i tried :P

Reshade setup.zip mega.nz/#!a1BknSZK!1unWubf_jffPqhQB2iOgNDUxzHLKP6ga6jfqljeXQJI

To test it, you have to use the Reshade installer, which will create a .bat file in the game folder. In order for Reshade to work with the vulkan API, you have to launch the game with this created batch file.

For Steam user: it conflicts with the Steam vulkan layers. So, disable them before testing.

I'm trying with GOG NMS, still no luck. Tried with both your zip and compiling from latest source myself. Here's my debug log: pastebin.com/QVa9GNfR
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Niko of Death. Reason: Ran as admin
  • Wicked Sick
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #1118 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I have tried with the overlays off and such. Nothing I got. At least, Niko of Death is getting a log.

EDIT: I play on Steam. I did launch the game through the .bat file.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Wicked Sick.
  • GregTheChief
More
4 years 8 months ago #1119 by GregTheChief Replied by GregTheChief on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Ok I installed it, deleted the regedit keys, deleted the Steam download chache (thats the only cache i can find),
deactivated steam overly ingame, and started the game with the bacth file.. still no reshade UI
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #1120 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Niko of Death wrote:

thalixte wrote: Can you please test this one ? It normally gives access to depth buffer in all Vulkan games i tried :P

Reshade setup.zip mega.nz/#!a1BknSZK!1unWubf_jffPqhQB2iOgNDUxzHLKP6ga6jfqljeXQJI

I'm trying with GOG NMS, still no luck. Tried with both your zip and compiling from latest source myself. Here's my debug log: pastebin.com/QVa9GNfR

More luck with this one: mega.nz/#!f1whxQDb!uC21xGpMgIfObf8WLl17JasiLVml6Ac9Ix8ejFeoKVY ?
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.