Depth buffer detection modifications

• thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #1001 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Yes, it happens still in that game. Even with the current reshade.

Ok, so can you try this one on the GTX670 with Devil May Cry 5, and the "Copy depth buffer just before it i cleared option", and tell me if it still crashes (the depth buffer should not work correctly with this version) ?

d3d12_64bits_test_version.zip mega.nz/#!75gjVIDY!bAWNU2VpgPWzWvIFEYloiNtiVG1U3EmmdLvRHXQIrs0

For Battlefield one, i guess @Crosire have the clue...
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by thalixte.
The topic has been locked.
  • BlueSkyKnight
More
4 years 9 months ago #1002 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Yes, it happens still in that game. Even with the current reshade.

Ok, so can you try this one on the GTX670 with Devil May Cry 5, and the "Copy depth buffer just before it i cleared option", and tell me if it still crashes (the depth buffer should not work correctly with this version) ?

dxgi_fix_dx10_64bits_test_version.zip mega.nz/#!75gjVIDY!bAWNU2VpgPWzWvIFEYloiNtiVG1U3EmmdLvRHXQIrs0

For Battlefield one, i guess @Crosire have the clue...

It works well now in DMC5 with the GTX 670 NV card.

Thank you.
  • MokouPrice
More
4 years 9 months ago #1003 by MokouPrice Replied by MokouPrice on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
It works perfectly! Thank you!
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #1004 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Thank you.

MokouPrice wrote: It works perfectly! Thank you!

You're welcome both, but it was not intended to work :P If this is the case, it means that the main depth buffer is not cleared and not correctly retrieved via the standard db detection. But no way, it works. In this last dll, i replaced the depth buffer copy with a simple pointer assignation. So if the main depth buffer is modified after, it should not be visible.

I prefer though to copy the depth buffer, in order for the db texture to remain unchanged till the present stage. I think i know how to fix that:with a specific fence.
On the GTX670, the reason why the game crashed was because this card is too old, and have not quick enough memory to copy the depth buffer at time before Reshade pass it to the shader. By adding a fence, i will make sure the copy is finished when the depth texture is passed to the shader, but it can be at the expense of some perfs. Will see in the next tests :)
  • MokouPrice
More
4 years 9 months ago #1005 by MokouPrice Replied by MokouPrice on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I just get another game with the same problem but it is dx9 only so the fix doesn't work, is it possible to add the option to dx9 dll as well
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #1006 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

MokouPrice wrote: I just get another game with the same problem but it is dx9 only so the fix doesn't work, is it possible to add the option to dx9 dll as well

Unfortunately not. :(
  • x8009
More
4 years 9 months ago #1007 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Devil may cry 5 doesn't work for me dx12 1080GTX..

I am doing the same thing.

Copying the Dxgi.dll and selecting Copy Depth buffer. I have only 1 Depth buffer to choose from and no depth buffer.
I also tried the AMD dll and Nvidia 670 dll
  • BlueSkyKnight
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #1008 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

x8009 wrote: Devil may cry 5 doesn't work for me dx12 1080GTX..

I am doing the same thing.

Copying the Dxgi.dll and selecting Copy Depth buffer. I have only 1 Depth buffer to choose from and no depth buffer.
I also tried the AMD dll and Nvidia 670 dll

:evil: Turns out he didn't use default settings when testing the new dlls. :evil: This game has an Interlaced rendering mode as like what Capcon did with RE2 Remake.

Since it worked in DX11 He assumed it would work with DX12..... :P

The funny thing is that it works in RE5 Remake.

:silly:
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #1009 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
New dx10/dx11 dlls. It fixes the auto detection of the depth buffer in Bladestorm: Nightmare (and maybe other games):

dxgi_fix_dx10_32bits.zip mega.nz/#!3wh3TahJ!kGr2D4vyNigWWMeFF34sMUz0g4g0QnmWgU1R1w2a_8c
dxgi_fix_dx10_64bits.zip mega.nz/#!bpxRBaTY!NO3LjRrNIoBuBfGFMi2O7uGnmgCOgFlxkyzvA1kqtQQ
  • x8009
More
4 years 9 months ago #1010 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: New dx10/dx11 dlls. It fixes the auto detection of the depth buffer in Bladestorm: Nightmare (and maybe other games):

dxgi_fix_dx10_32bits.zip mega.nz/#!3wh3TahJ!kGr2D4vyNigWWMeFF34sMUz0g4g0QnmWgU1R1w2a_8c
dxgi_fix_dx10_64bits.zip mega.nz/#!bpxRBaTY!NO3LjRrNIoBuBfGFMi2O7uGnmgCOgFlxkyzvA1kqtQQ

Thanks !
  • nit
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #1011 by nit Replied by nit on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Morg3nst3rn wrote: Hello there thalixte,
i just want to say thank you and i can confirm, that your your fix/modification resolved an issue i had in American Truck Simulator with dx11 ! ;)
I made a short clip 3 days ago, where i had Problems with vanishing Depth Buffers i guess. :huh: I noticed it when i tried Mxao in dx11, as you can see in the following link

Best regards
Morg3nst3rn

Hey man !

Thanks for your videos. I still struggle to get it working on ATS for me, especially on the main / stats screen where the depth isn't registered correctly to scale.
Do you have the same problem as well ? Care to share your exact settings or even whole preset with me ? That'd be GREATLY appreciated, I've been on this for weeks now and it's driving me nuts.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by nit.
  • lowenz
More
4 years 9 months ago #1012 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: New dx10/dx11 dlls. It fixes the auto detection of the depth buffer in Bladestorm: Nightmare (and maybe other games):

New? 12-06
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #1013 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

x8009 wrote: Thanks !

You're welcome ;)
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #1014 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote:

New? 12-06

Yes, those are the last ones (in my mega.co.nz ui, the date is the 05-07)...
  • JBeckman
More
4 years 9 months ago #1015 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Might just be a non-issue but the .dll file date inside the .7z archives is indeed 2019-06-12 and not 2019-07-05 if that's when these were compiled and last modified, version reports 4.3.1.24 and 4.3.1.25 respectively which I assume is from the ReShade Git repository and merging in some of the changes in addition to the pull request for the depth buffer enhancements. :)
  • Siridon
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #1016 by Siridon Replied by Siridon on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

iTest wrote: No :)

Do not know if it will work (i do not have the game), but can you try this one ?

d3d12_64bits .zip[strike] mega.nz/#!Olp2gKja!L9s9hdMa3bG8ia1KztzM46HhIAu9d_SYJSv_iRIh588 [/strike]

Hi, I tried replacing the dll to get the depth buffer in shadow of the tomb raider dx12 build 292.0 with RTX patch. My RT shader works partially, AO works, and GI does not work at all, can I somehow enable GI?
The dx11 gi works with this dll
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Siridon.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #1017 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

JBeckman wrote: Might just be a non-issue but the .dll file date inside the .7z archives is indeed 2019-06-12 and not 2019-07-05 if that's when these were compiled and last modified, version reports 4.3.1.24 and 4.3.1.25 respectively which I assume is from the ReShade Git repository and merging in some of the changes in addition to the pull request for the depth buffer enhancements. :)

Strange. I downloaded those versions, and they are both from the 05-07. They are only zip archives, not .7z ones. Which file do you try to download ?
  • JBeckman
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #1018 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I read the file extension wrong but it's the ones linked to in the prior post.

When clicked at the 32-bit URL is this:
mega.nz/#!3wh3TahJ!kGr2D4vyNigWWMeFF34sMUz0g4g0QnmWgU1R1w2a_8c

64-bit is this:
mega.nz/#!bpxRBaTY!NO3LjRrNIoBuBfGFMi2O7uGnmgCOgFlxkyzvA1kqtQQ

Downloaded both though without using the Mega browser extension and just opened the archive and the result is a .dll file which is dated June 12th 2019
I've been trying a few times since I read the prior replies, thought it was a link to the latest compiled file initially and it just had a few weeks to it but it seems that's not the case at all but somehow it's linking to a older version?

EDIT: Mostly just confirming what Iowenz is reporting in his reply above where I got a bit curious if this was intended or not, guessing the actual file is fine on your end and the account uploaded content but somehow this is linking to what appears to be a earlier version as I assume the .dll date should match the compile date and latest code changes.

For Koei Tecmo I don't have that particular game though, I do have Nioh and Dragon Quest Heroes and sequel which also have some quirks like utilizing sRGB over RGB (Though so does Unity Engine so it's not a fault or anything as such.) but I don't recall depth buffer problems being a thing although it's been a while due to dealing with a lengthy backlog and Koei being Koei their PC ports are fairly rough so they've been put on hold until later. :)
(Nioh got a bit more work put into it though, good to see some changes even if they're rare.)

EDIT: Meaning that would have been one way to just plop the new .dll in and see if that works and it'd confirm if everything is as it should be if it can get the depth buffer hooked up correctly compared to before. :)
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by JBeckman.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #1019 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Here is what i got when i download the mega.nz/#!bpxRBaTY!NO3LjRrNIoBuBfGFMi2O7uGnmgCOgFlxkyzvA1kqtQQ:

[img
  • JBeckman
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #1020 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Yeah different file size and different file date both. Interesting wonder what causes it.

It does confirm it's a different file entirely however, curious but I can't say what's leading to it changing like that.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by JBeckman.
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.