Depth buffer detection modifications

• Jesped
More
4 years 9 months ago #941 by Jesped Replied by Jesped on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: @v00d00m4n, @x8009, @iTest, @Morg3nst3rn, @Jesped...
I apologize i did no make an answer for you requets, but i am currently working on the depth buffer detection for DX12 games.

No need, thank you for your efforts.

I tried this new dll but same results, default depth doesn't correspond to the image (shows a garage instead of car in track):

Selecting one specific depth buffer shows a correct one, but is vertically scaled/missing lower part of screen:

and ticking "Copy depth before clearing" doesn't show any entries:
The topic has been locked.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #942 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Thank you for sharing what your working on.

DX12 Games Tested with AMD RX 580
1. Strange Brigade DX12 mode. No Depth Buffer.
2. Shadow of the TombRaider seems to Hang in the start screen. I think depth buffer detection works. here
3. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DX12. Grabs wrong Depth Buffer.
4. Warhammer: Vermintide 2 crash on loading. Tested in modded realm DX12

THks a lot BlueSkyNight ;) Will test on my own. Made a PR on github.
  • x8009
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #943 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

I apologize i did no make an answer for you requets, but i am currently working on the depth buffer detection for DX12 games.

Here is the dll (both in dxgi.dll and d3d11.dll for compatibility purpose).

dxgi_fix_dx10_32bits.zip mega.nz/#!voxSXYiB!MteIx67IJFqq23WK4ZEfFs-HH30TB1fFFZpLrzmP5Fs

I only tested it on Metro Exodus. Feel free to test it on another DX12 game. ;)
/quote]
Does this fix the issue with Copy depth before clearing selected black ghost on movement?

EDIT : Using the DLL dxgi.dll in Bladestorm nightmare Copy depth before clearing select, there is still issue with black ghost

Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by x8009.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #944 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

iTest wrote: Is it possible to fix it somehow? :)

It reminds me of the pb of the depth buffer shift in "A Plague Tales Innocence". In this particular game, you have to remove the chromatic aberration.

Does Journey have such a graphic option ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: iTest
  • x8009
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #945 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

iTest wrote: Is it possible to fix it somehow? :)

It reminds me of the pb of the depth buffer shift in "A Plague Tales Innocence". In this particular game, you have to remove the chromatic aberration.

Does Journey have such a graphic option ?

I will check. as I remember it doesn't.

This are journey settings even with the newest patch

I am uploading a video to show you the issue with the black ghost when copy depth before clearing is selected. when it's not, there is no black ghost.
it's clearly visible in the video when any movement of the camera. Also in NFS Payback, some games are not properly without Copy depth before clearing like Just Cause 4, so this must be fixed or it makes the games look very ugly.
This is with your d3d12_64bits dll. I will check if it fix other things, maybe just cause 4 issues like and worse than journey that it switches depth buffer non stop blinking.
EDIT : it doesn't fix in just cause 4 . If not using copy depth before clearing then the available depth buffers are some blinking non stop, no depth buffer at all or just 1 of them is low quality compare to the depth buffer the is available when using the copy depth before clearing
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #946 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

x8009 wrote: I am uploading a video to show you the issue with the black ghost when copy depth before clearing is selected. when it's not, there is no black ghost.
it's clearly visible in the video when any movement of the camera. Also in NFS Payback, some games are not properly without Copy depth before clearing like Just Cause 4, so this must be fixed or it makes the games look very ugly.
This is with your d3d12_64bits dll. I will check if it fix other things, maybe just cause 4 issues like and worse than journey that it switches depth buffer non stop blinking.
EDIT : it doesn't fix in just cause 4 . If not using copy depth before clearing then the available depth buffers are some blinking non stop, no depth buffer at all or just 1 of them is low quality compare to the depth buffer the is available when using the copy depth before clearing

Thks a lot, but the best you could do is to display the DisplayDepth output, selecting the normal map option. It is easier to debug with it.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by thalixte.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #947 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Jesped wrote:

No need, thank you for your efforts.

I tried this new dll but same results, default depth doesn't correspond to the image (shows a garage instead of car in track):

Selecting one specific depth buffer shows a correct one, but is vertically scaled/missing lower part of screen:

and ticking "Copy depth before clearing" doesn't show any entries:

Yes, i know why. This is because the depth buffer texture does not match the viewport. There is relative easy way to fix it. I will do it when i have some time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jesped
  • Jesped
More
4 years 9 months ago #948 by Jesped Replied by Jesped on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: Yes, i know why. This is because the depth buffer texture does not match the viewport. There is relative easy way to fix it. I will do it when i have some time.

Awesome. Isn't it strange that it only happens in some tracks? others work perfectly:

• x8009
More
4 years 9 months ago #949 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

x8009 wrote: I am uploading a video to show you the issue with the black ghost when copy depth before clearing is selected. when it's not, there is no black ghost.

Thks a lot, but the best you could do is to display the DisplayDepth output, selecting the normal map option. It is easier to debug with it.

Like this? please check if it's good to tell me what needs to change if so.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #950 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

x8009 wrote: Like this? please check if it's good to tell me what needs to change if so.

Yes, like this, this is OK, but i do not see any issue with the depth buffer detection. In the display depth shader, the output is OK. The ghost that appears is a part of the SuperDepth 3D shader i guess.
Did you show the video to BSD ?
  • x8009
More
4 years 9 months ago #951 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

x8009 wrote: Like this? please check if it's good to tell me what needs to change if so.

Yes, like this, this is OK, but i do not see any issue with the depth buffer detection. In the display depth shader, the output is OK. The ghost that appears is a part of the SuperDepth 3D shader i guess.
Did you show the video to BSD ?

ye I showed him he said not a problem with superdepth...
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #952 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

x8009 wrote: ye I showed him he said not a problem with superdepth...

Ah, i see... If the ghost is the artefacts near the PNJ, it is normal with Superdepth3d. Did you test another shader that relies on the depth buffer (like qUInt suite) ?
  • x8009
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #953 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

Ah, i see... If the ghost is the artefacts near the PNJ, it is normal with Superdepth3d. Did you test another shader that relies on the depth buffer (like qUInt suite) ?

Which one of them will be like super depth?

github.com/martymcmodding/qUINT/tree/master/Shaders
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #954 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

x8009 wrote:

thalixte wrote:

Mxao and dof both use the depth buffer, but they are not like superdepth. The idea is to check if you encounter a ghost artefact with those shaders. If it is the case, the pb is not linked to superdepth. If not, the pb could be superdepth related...
  • x8009
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #955 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

x8009 wrote:

thalixte wrote:

Mxao and dof both use the depth buffer, but they are not like superdepth. The idea is to check if you encounter a ghost artefact with those shaders. If it is the case, the pb is not linked to superdepth. If not, the pb could be superdepth related...

ye it seems it happens with MXAO too. just on different parts ,So who can fix this ?
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #956 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I must be blind, but i do not see the ghost you are talking about :unsure:
  • DonaldDuckling
More
4 years 9 months ago #957 by DonaldDuckling Replied by DonaldDuckling on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
any hopes for bioshock infinite?
the depth buffer only works in the beginning boat ride, after that nothing.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #958 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Here is a new dll for depth buffer detection with directX12:
d3d12_64bits .zip[strike] mega.nz/#!6gRGmQrQ!s4wWH1iFGubrICvF8m-glPT8mo-nGvKsQgEYMs8IsoQ [/strike]

Should work now in Metro Exodus and Shadow Of The Tomb Raider (and maybe other games) :)
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #959 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

DonaldDuckling wrote: any hopes for bioshock infinite?
the depth buffer only works in the beginning boat ride, after that nothing.

What DirectX version is it ? Can you please make a video ?
  • x8009
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #960 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: I must be blind, but i do not see the ghost you are talking about :unsure:

Take notice in 0:18 and 0:49 exactly
look at the shadow behind his back. with Copy back buffer it's not good. You can see the shadow on his back is moving at 00:18, look carefully at 49 it doesn't move

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.