Depth buffer detection modifications

• thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #981 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Updated

DX12 Games Tested with AMD RX 580 working
1. Strange Brigade DX12 mode. Depth Working
2. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DX12. Depth Working
3. Warhammer: Vermintide 2 DX12. Depth Working
4. RE 2 remake DX12. Depth Working
5. Shadow of the TombRaider DX12. Depth Working
6. Total War: WARHAMMER DX12. Depth Working
7. Sniper Elite 4 DX12. Depth Working. Some ReShade menu corruption when scrolling.
8. HITMAN 2016 DX12. Depth Working. ReShade Menu and Watermark Coming in and out of view. Constant reloading.

DX12 Games Tested with AMD RX 580 Not working
1. Serious Sam Fusion 2017 DX12 beta. Crashes
2. Devil May Cry 5 DX12. Menu/HUD Items only in depth buffer. Crashes if you adjust render scale.
3. Battel Field One DX12. Crash On Startup.

For the games that crash, can you try to rename the dll in d3d11.dll ?
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by thalixte.
The topic has been locked.
  • MokouPrice
More
4 years 10 months ago #982 by MokouPrice Replied by MokouPrice on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Unable to detect depth buffer of bioshock infinite with the newest dll although it works with version before reshade 4.0
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #983 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

MokouPrice wrote: Unable to detect depth buffer of bioshock infinite with the newest dll although it works with version before reshade 4.0

Have you tried with those ones ?
[strike]dxgi_fix_dx10_32bits.zip[/strike][strike] mega.nz/#!75JmkCgI!0UV24zeBzbgnaZHf7PmVrozjDmogQ1l0HIRh38p1Oos [/strike]
[strike]dxgi_fix_dx10_64bits.zip[/strike][strike] mega.nz/#!XtBkSSaA!q_yqVb9rtOxy_RnC7T6Rn9OD-zbjRlle4zLJJwgHOa8 [/strike]
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by thalixte.
  • MokouPrice
More
4 years 10 months ago #984 by MokouPrice Replied by MokouPrice on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
No, seems that the new detection method fails for some games
  • iTest
More
4 years 10 months ago #985 by iTest Replied by iTest on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
How is the way with Vulkan API ?)))
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #986 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

MokouPrice wrote: No, seems that the new detection method fails for some games

Those dlls attempt to fix the standard detection method, not the new one. Do they fix the db detection in boshock Infinite with the standard detection mode (without ticking "copy depth buffer before clearing") ?
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #987 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

iTest wrote: How is the way with Vulkan API ?)))

I will try to make the "Copy depth buffer before clearing" work on DX12 first, then i will work on the vulkan API, when i have some time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iTest
  • MokouPrice
More
4 years 10 months ago #988 by MokouPrice Replied by MokouPrice on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Not working, weird
  • BlueSkyKnight
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #989 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:
2. Devil May Cry 5 DX12. Menu/HUD Items only in depth buffer. Crashes if you adjust render scale.

Sure anything you need.

So BF One still gives this same error. I renamed it to d3d11.dll that didn't work so I also tried dxgi.dll, and d3d12.dll.

dxgi.dll Log: pastebin.com/ZHZX6e1k

As for Serious Sam Fusion 2017 DX12 beta.
dxgi.dll gets to loading screen and crashes
d3d11.dll Crashes at launch
d3d12.dll Crashes at launch
dxgi.dll Log: pastebin.com/MVw0Z9Fu

Didn't test Devil May Cry 5 DX12 since that crash was when messing with render scale.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #990 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

thalixte wrote:

Sure anything you need.

So BF One still gives this same error. I renamed it to d3d11.dll that didn't work so I also tried dxgi.dll, and d3d12.dll.

dxgi.dll Log: pastebin.com/ZHZX6e1k

As for Serious Sam Fusion 2017 DX12 beta.
dxgi.dll gets to loading screen and crashes
d3d11.dll Crashes at launch
d3d12.dll Crashes at launch
dxgi.dll Log: pastebin.com/MVw0Z9Fu

Didn't test Devil May Cry 5 DX12 since that crash was when messing with render scale.

Thks a lot ;) I'm afraid the pb for Battlefeld one is more a pb of dxgiSwapChain initialisation (and the associated hook).
  • zsoca92
More
4 years 9 months ago #991 by zsoca92 Replied by zsoca92 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Hello there!

I know, what I am trying to achieve is next to impossible, but until I am not sure, I would like to try further.
I used to play a lot with the Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark forces 2 game. It's a great fps from '97. one of the earliest real 3D shooters.
And I thought that this game deserves an update. Here's were Reshade comes in and stays with some anomalies.
First, if I'm not wrong, it used DirectX 5 originally. Now I have a pack, which utilizes the game through DirectX 11. Hence, Reshade is working.
Depth buffer is available but it is very strange. The depth is noncontinuous, striped. Do you think that there is a way to make it work somehow?
Thank you!

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/794239008767377444/3C6820B16F839F7BE6CD4CE3E75CEA305259746E/?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/794239008767377104/3D9832F832850B0B220F6B7AB683100AC51D5BBD/?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/794239008767377318/971F254D569A27A30346CF7D56EA64D000D2FC96/?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #992 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

MokouPrice wrote: Unable to detect depth buffer of bioshock infinite with the newest dll although it works with version before reshade 4.0

Can you try those ones (untick the new "make less copies" checkbox when in "depth buffer before clearing" mode) ?

dxgi_fix_dx10_32bits.zip[strike] mega.nz/#!TsABXCTK!4f35ytUi2GV_ycydJS54pfDFoaI95o1bPZcjPCLjRoU [/strike]
dxgi_fix_dx10_64bits.zip[strike] mega.nz/#!e1ZBGY6R!w-zgKHduLNNHJ78FOLrSKp3182w9hewD1Z4_jbdr4B4 [/strike]
  • BlueSkyKnight
More
4 years 9 months ago #993 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

Can you try those ones (untick the new "make less copies" checkbox when in "depth buffer before clearing" mode) ?

dxgi_fix_dx10_32bits.zip mega.nz/#!TsABXCTK!4f35ytUi2GV_ycydJS54pfDFoaI95o1bPZcjPCLjRoU
dxgi_fix_dx10_64bits.zip mega.nz/#!e1ZBGY6R!w-zgKHduLNNHJ78FOLrSKp3182w9hewD1Z4_jbdr4B4

This dll Fixes NecroVisioN: Lost Company. In +DX10 mode.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #994 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Hello,

Can you please tests this one on Devil May Cry 5, by ticking the "Copy depth buffer just before it is cleared" checkbox, and play with it ?

d3d12_64bits.zip mega.nz/#!rpQXUQ5Q!Yb_4hH_OAvpGHmNWHTAIoAbXwP_0y4ROG6m2Qlv2QZY
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #995 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
The last dlls for dx10/dx11. They are the same as before, except i inverted the behaviour of the "Make less copies" checkbox. It is now called "Make more copies", is unticked by default, and you have to tick it in order to copy more depth buffer textures, which can help for games like Bioshock Infinite:

dxgi_fix_dx10_32bits.zip[strike] mega.nz/#!u5pTUQgS!nVrIMDrH2vPtttdX5EulYnt_E3rqFL-_KMT0PdSY4mo [/strike]
dxgi_fix_dx10_64bits.zip[strike] mega.nz/#!m5gFmAhD!9fQVwVYI-Jw8cPLzXaUoG0y9FifyzJOjtB7nScPN-QM [/strike]
  • BlueSkyKnight
More
4 years 9 months ago #996 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: Hello,

Can you please tests this one on Devil May Cry 5, by ticking the "Copy depth buffer just before it is cleared" checkbox, and play with it ?

d3d12_64bits.zip mega.nz/#!rpQXUQ5Q!Yb_4hH_OAvpGHmNWHTAIoAbXwP_0y4ROG6m2Qlv2QZY

DMC 5 Game information AMD Hardware.

A RX 580x.
The Game now works with setting the options below. As you suggested.

Here is some extra information. I thought you may like. I guess just to make a note of. :whistle:

DMC 5 Game information on NV Hardware.

A GTX 670 DX12 partial supported card does not have the full DX12 feature set.

The game Crashes to desktop with this new dll.
d3d12.dll = Crash to desktop with no error box.
Here is the log: pastebin.com/3yYa1NJz

dxgi.dll = Crash to desktop with an error box.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #997 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Cool :) I only manage to make Reshade work properly when i rename it d3d11.dll... I guess @Crosire could have the clue for this...

With the official 4.3.0 release, do you experiment those crashes ?
  • BlueSkyKnight
More
4 years 9 months ago #998 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
No. I do not get the crash when using 4.3.0 current release. :whistle:
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #999 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

BlueSkyKnight wrote: No. I do not get the crash when using 4.3.0 current release. :whistle:

Ah, ok (i thought it was the same pb as battlefield one). So it crash only with the GTX 670, not with the RX 580x ?

And Battlefield one, does it crash with the official 4.30 release, or not ?
  • BlueSkyKnight
More
4 years 9 months ago #1000 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Yes, it happens still in that game. Even with the current reshade.
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.