Depth buffer detection modifications

• sheno1346
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #961 by sheno1346 Replied by sheno1346 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Sorry, I'm pretty new to all this, is there anyway to download a compiled build of your modification somewhere? I don't really understand all the Visual stuff it says we need to do on github. Wanna try this and see if it gets the depth buffer in PSO2 (Phantasy Star Online 2) working again. Last time it worked was in early 2018. Any depth of field effects blur the UI only, and stuff like MXAO just darkens the whole screen. I can't use the new path traced shaders either (their debug shows up as just a grey screen) :/
PSO2 uses DX9, here's what the display depth shows now in normal reshade.

Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by sheno1346.
The topic has been locked.
  • BlueSkyKnight
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #962 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Will look at other games dx12 games.
DX12 Games Tested with AMD RX 580 working
1. Strange Brigade DX12 mode. Depth Working
2. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DX12. Depth Working
3. Warhammer: Vermintide 2 DX12. Depth Working
4. RE 2 remake DX12. Depth Working

DX12 Games Tested with AMD RX 580 Not working
1. Shadow of the TombRaider DX12. Crashing Fixed. No Depth Buffer.
2. Serious Sam Fusion 2017 DX12 beta. Crashes
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #963 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Will look at other games dx12 games.

Yeahhh ! Super good news :cheer: Oddly enough, on my rig, depth buffer works perfectly for Shadow Of the Tomb Raider.
I removed the checkbox for enabling the "Copy depth before clearing mode", so can you check this line in the Reshade.ini:
[DX12_BUFFER_DETECTION]
DepthBufferRetrievalMode=0

This parameter must be set to 0 in order for the depth buffer detection to work (it is a WIP version, so everything is not already in place).
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by thalixte.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #964 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

sheno1346 wrote: Sorry, I'm pretty new to all this, is there anyway to download a compiled build of your modification somewhere? I don't really understand all the Visual stuff it says we need to do on github. Wanna try this and see if it gets the depth buffer in PSO2 (Phantasy Star Online 2) working again. Last time it worked was in early 2018. Any depth of field effects blur the UI only, and stuff like MXAO just darkens the whole screen. I can't use the new path traced shaders either (their debug shows up as just a grey screen) :/

DX9 is by far the most difficult API to make the depth buffer detection work, because you have to juggle between the depthstencil used by the appli and the one used by Reshade to replace it, and which not have the same format. This is because DX9 can only use one depthstencil at a time, and you have to use a hack to read the depth buffer information in a replacement depthstencil texture.

The pb here is to make the depth buffer detection generic enough to comply with the majority of the games.

It can unfortunately produce some artefacts in those old games due to the depthstencil replacement stuff.
  • BlueSkyKnight
More
4 years 9 months ago #965 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Will look at other games dx12 games.

Yeahhh ! Super good news :cheer: Oddly enough, on my rig, depth buffer works perfectly for Shadow Of the Tomb Raider.
I removed the checkbox for enabling the "Copy depth before clearing mode", so can you check this line in the Reshade.ini:
[DX12_BUFFER_DETECTION]
DepthBufferRetrievalMode=0

This parameter must be set to 0 in order for the depth buffer detection to work (it is a WIP version, so everything is not already in place).

That was it. It works now.

dx12 games.
5. Shadow of the TombRaider DX12. Depth Working

1. Serious Sam Fusion 2017 DX12 beta. Crashes
  • DonaldDuckling
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #966 by DonaldDuckling Replied by DonaldDuckling on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
bioshock infinite it's dx10 with some dx11 features. reshade sees it as a dx11 game.
what should the video be about?
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by DonaldDuckling.
  • iTest
More
4 years 9 months ago #967 by iTest Replied by iTest on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
What say?))) There are many depth buffers in the game, but all of them, because of the black bars, are so stretched :)

• x8009
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #968 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

iTest wrote: What say?))) There are many depth buffers in the game, but all of them, because of the black bars, are so stretched :)

Beyond two souls released for pc??

What about Devil May Cry 5 DX12? anyone checked?
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by x8009.
  • iTest
More
4 years 9 months ago #969 by iTest Replied by iTest on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

x8009 wrote:

iTest wrote: What say?))) There are many depth buffers in the game, but all of them, because of the black bars, are so stretched :)

Beyond two souls released for pc??

What about Devil May Cry 5 DX12? anyone checked?

EGS Beyond: Two Souls Demo.
  • x8009
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #970 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Devil May Cry 5 dx12 no depth buffer everything is white

There is no depth buffer to choose even using the copy and extended

When the depth buffer is visible what actually in the picture is not what suppose to be. it's weird, like the depth buffer shows something else but the game shows other

imgur.com/a/j1TRyxY

About DX11 and Bladestorm nightmare
The issue with the artefact even happens with 3.4.1 as long copy depth buffer before clearing is selected.... will this ever get fixed??

Till and With 3.3.2 the depth buffer always worked automatically and picked the right one. with 3.3.2 Copy depth buffer is there but even though trying to check it there is only 1 depth buffer to choose and it's all black. with later version copy depth buffer detects more depth buffers but has the artefact.

Why with the later versions it can't detect the right depth buffer properly automatically?
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #971 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Ah, it's a pity. Is there any option that help removing those bars and have the final rendering like the size of the viewport ?
  • iTest
More
4 years 9 months ago #972 by iTest Replied by iTest on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
No :)
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #973 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

iTest wrote: No :)

Do not know if it will work (i do not have the game), but can you try this one ?

d3d12_64bits .zip[strike] mega.nz/#!Olp2gKja!L9s9hdMa3bG8ia1KztzM46HhIAu9d_SYJSv_iRIh588 [/strike]
  • sheno1346
More
4 years 9 months ago #974 by sheno1346 Replied by sheno1346 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

sheno1346 wrote: Sorry, I'm pretty new to all this, is there anyway to download a compiled build of your modification somewhere? I don't really understand all the Visual stuff it says we need to do on github. Wanna try this and see if it gets the depth buffer in PSO2 (Phantasy Star Online 2) working again. Last time it worked was in early 2018. Any depth of field effects blur the UI only, and stuff like MXAO just darkens the whole screen. I can't use the new path traced shaders either (their debug shows up as just a grey screen) :/

DX9 is by far the most difficult API to make the depth buffer detection work, because you have to juggle between the depthstencil used by the appli and the one used by Reshade to replace it, and which not have the same format. This is because DX9 can only use one depthstencil at a time, and you have to use a hack to read the depth buffer information in a replacement depthstencil texture.

The pb here is to make the depth buffer detection generic enough to comply with the majority of the games.

It can unfortunately produce some artefacts in those old games due to the depthstencil replacement stuff.

Hm, well I'd still love to give it a shot haha. Do you, or anyone else on here, have a compiled zip I can try?
  • BlueSkyKnight
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #975 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Updated

5. Shadow of the TombRaider DX12. Depth Working
6. Total War: WARHAMMER DX12. Depth Working
7. Sniper Elite 4 DX12. Depth Working. Some ReShade menu corruption when scrolling.
8. HITMAN 2016 DX12. Depth Working. ReShade Menu and Watermark Coming in and out of view. Constant reloading.

1. Serious Sam Fusion 2017 DX12 beta. Crashes
2. Devil May Cry 5 DX12. Menu/HUD Items only in depth buffer. Crashes if you adjust render scale.
3. Battel Field One DX12. Crash On Startup.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.
  • iTest
More
4 years 9 months ago #976 by iTest Replied by iTest on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I put the resolution through the driver 1920x810 and everything became normal :)))))

• thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #977 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

iTest wrote: I put the resolution through the driver 1920x810 and everything became normal :)))))

Cool B) But it means my little modif in the last release does not fix it. Happy you found a solution :)
  • x8009
More
4 years 9 months ago #978 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
thalixte, so only crosir can fix the issue with copy depth buffer before clearing? or it's something that you can do?

Is it possible to fix the Devil May Cry 5 Depth buffer?

Thanks
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #979 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

x8009 wrote: thalixte, so only crosir can fix the issue with copy depth buffer before clearing? or it's something that you can do?

Thanks

I don't think there is any issue with the depth buffer before clearing. I guess the issue is in other parts of the code. You can take a look at this PR: github.com/crosire/reshade/pull/129 , if you want to see what can break the db detection in your case. Maybe i can fix it, or Crosire can, but i am working on the dx12 code now.

For Devil May Cry 5, we will see, but i would like to make the "copy depth buffer before clearing" work for dx12 too (and make it work would maybe solve the db detection for this game).
  • x8009
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #980 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

x8009 wrote: thalixte, so only crosir can fix the issue with copy depth buffer before clearing? or it's something that you can do?

Thanks

I don't think there is any issue with the depth buffer before clearing. I guess the issue is in other parts of the code. You can take a look at this PR: github.com/crosire/reshade/pull/129 , if you want to see what can break the db detection in your case. Maybe i can fix it, or Crosire can, but i am working on the dx12 code now.

For Devil May Cry 5, we will see, but i would like to make the "copy depth buffer before clearing" work for dx12 too (and make it work would maybe solve the db detection for this game).

Not sure what to understand from the code.. but I hope someone gets the time to fix it because it's a very useful thing and sometimes that's the only thing that works and it would be impossible to play a game with the ghost thing, as it ruins all the QI
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.