Depth buffer detection modifications

• x8009
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #861 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
It seems only when SuperDepth 2.0.1 next is enabled is causing that ....

So now when using Copy depth buffer , and choosing Depth buffer, there is no distortion with Superdepth
So to fix this distortion > Launching game, Superdepth and PPFX Bloom already enabled . Works fine
ALT TAB > Distortion
Enabling Copy Depth Buffer choosing depth buffer > No issue Alt Tab

It also happens with Depth3D shader , this happens when not selecting Clear Depth Buffer before

cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/458063532..._29_12_28_42_176.png

cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/458063532..._29_12_29_07_482.png

Only when reload it works fine

cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/458063532..._29_12_29_51_414.png

Is this something with Reshade issue or Superdepth Shader ??

There are issue also with Just Cause 4 , it jumps between Depth Buffer and it's flickering

vimeo.com/339077185
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by x8009.
The topic has been locked.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #862 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

x8009 wrote: It seems only when SuperDepth 2.0.1 next is enabled is causing that ....

So now when using Copy depth buffer , and choosing Depth buffer, there is no distortion with Superdepth
So to fix this distortion > Launching game, Superdepth and PPFX Bloom already enabled . Works fine
ALT TAB > Distortion
Enabling Copy Depth Buffer choosing depth buffer > No issue Alt Tab

It also happens with Depth3D shader , this happens when not selecting Clear Depth Buffer before

cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/458063532..._29_12_28_42_176.png

cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/458063532..._29_12_29_07_482.png

Only when reload it works fine

cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/458063532..._29_12_29_51_414.png

Is this something with Reshade issue or Superdepth Shader ??

There are issue also with Just Cause 4 , it jumps between Depth Buffer and it's flickering

vimeo.com/339077185

I guess it is a superDepth related issue...

For Juste cause 4, it seems to work well when you enable "Copy depth buffer". Does it flickers in this mode ? If it works in this mode, just keep this config.
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by thalixte.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #863 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Pat_s2 wrote: thalixte would you happen to have a correct dxgi.dll for crysis 1? i can not get the depth buffer to show up to save my live and I wanna try out the new raytracing shader <3 possibly garrys mod as well. i tried your hl2 one with hope but it doesnt work.

For this to work, you have to force Crysis in DX9 mode (via the -dx9 parameter), and rename the Reshade dll into d3d8.dll. The last release works pretty well in this mode:

[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01
  • x8009
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #864 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
no it doesn't flicker, it works fine.. Also NFS Payback works fine when I check it when ALT + TAB , it fixes both issues with both games. Selecting "Copy depth buffer" fixes both games issues.

With Just Cause 4 it just jumps through Depth Shaders , so it's a problem with Reshade can't select the right shader and stick to it. only when using the Copy depth buffer makes it stop.

With NFS Payback it's something that corrupted with Super Depth when Alt tab that causing the depth to distorting again selecting 1 depth buffer with Copy Depth buffer fix the issue. it's like all issues related to the Auto buffer detection .

DarkSiders 2 for example I am not sure if it's DX9 or DX11 game. Reshade on installation says it's DX9 . for now I used DX11 and the game works with Reshade menu working but when I enable SuperDepth 2.0.1 Next the game freezes and freezes all the times when I enter the game.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #865 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

x8009 wrote: no it doesn't flicker, it works fine.. Also NFS Payback works fine when I check it when ALT + TAB , it fixes both issues with both games. Selecting "Copy depth buffer" fixes both games issues.

DarkSiders 2 for example I am not sure if it's DX9 or DX11 game. Reshade on installation says it's DX9 . for now I used DX11 and the game works with Reshade menu working but when I enable SuperDepth 2.0.1 Next the game freezes and freezes all the times when I enter the game.

Darksiders 2 is a DX9 game, according to PC Gaming wiki. Did you ask BSD about this pb ?
  • x8009
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #866 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Yes,

He said he can fix DarkSiders 2 , and the others he says it's not issue with superdepth , something with reshade..
I will check Darksiders 2 again with Dx9 instead DX11 just to make sure .
EDIT : DarkSiders 2 freezes even DX9 when SuperDepth 2.0.1 Next is enabled, and keeps freezing at launch , can't even open reshade or do anything as long superdepth is enabled . so need to remove it from the list to gain access again . He said he will fix it when he has the chance , he can't now , in transfer to other place.

How can we fix this issue with NFS Payback and JustCause 4 and maybe other games ?

Also in BladeStorm nightmare with any 4.2.x and down I had mouse support , now there is no mouse when I open Reshade menu ... also keyboard doesn't work in the Reshade menus ,, I don't know why.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #867 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

x8009 wrote: Yes,

He said he can fix DarkSiders 2 , and the others he says it's not issue with superdepth , something with reshade..
I will check Darksiders 2 again with Dx9 instead DX11 just to make sure .
EDIT : DarkSiders 2 freezes even DX9 when SuperDepth 2.0.1 Next is enabled, and keeps freezing at launch , can't even open reshade or do anything as long superdepth is enabled . so need to remove it from the list to gain access again . He said he will fix it when he has the chance , he can't now , in transfer to other place.

How can we fix this issue with NFS Payback and JustCause 4 and maybe other games ?

Also in BladeStorm nightmare with any 4.2.x and down I had mouse support , now there is no mouse when I open Reshade menu ... also keyboard doesn't work in the Reshade menus ,, I don't know why.

I just tested NFS payback with reshade 4.3 and the last version of superdepth3D, and i did not encounter the bug you mentioned.

For Just Cause 4, there is no need to make a fix. The purpose of the "Copy depth buffer" checkbox is to resolve those specific cases.
  • Pat_s2
More
4 years 11 months ago #868 by Pat_s2 Replied by Pat_s2 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Ya I literally dont understand what kind of bullshittery is going on right now but NOW.....sometimes reshade works with the 32bit version of crysis sometimes 64bit but NEVER when trying the -dx9 parameter. i dont know if my crysis is fucked but im beginning to think its botched.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #869 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Pat_s2 wrote: Ya I literally dont understand what kind of bullshittery is going on right now but NOW.....sometimes reshade works with the 32bit version of crysis sometimes 64bit but NEVER when trying the -dx9 parameter. i dont know if my crysis is fucked but im beginning to think its botched.

The reshade dll comes in two flavors: one for 32bits games and one for 64bits games. Have you checked it is the right version ?
  • Pat_s2
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #870 by Pat_s2 Replied by Pat_s2 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
i literally only re-installed crysis to test the raytracing shader with my 2080 ti since barely any games are using rtx tech. Crysis now wont recognize the d3d8.dll. 32 bit or 64bit. I even compiled my own installer and individual 32/64 bit dll's and still nothing with crysis. i think ill just move on lol. Im trying to think of other games that show the depth buffer easily. I somewhat got garry's mod to work by doing the same trick for most source games - r_drawvgui 0. But I think i need to adjust the distance because its barely showing depth.
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Pat_s2.
  • Siridon
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #871 by Siridon Replied by Siridon on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Help please set up the depth buffer in A Plague Tale Innocence, I used different reshade versions and settings, but nothing helped
images2.imagebam.com/c9/1e/c1/e542051236678674.png
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Siridon.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #872 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Siridon wrote: Help please set up the depth buffer in A Plague Tale Innocence, I used different reshade versions and settings, but nothing helped
images2.imagebam.com/c9/1e/c1/e542051236678674.png

Of course. It works nicely with the last Reshade release (4.3.0):

[img

[img

Reshade.ini:
[GENERAL]
PreprocessorDefinitions=RESHADE_DEPTH_LINEARIZATION_FAR_PLANE=1000.0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_UPSIDE_DOWN=0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=1,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC=0
[DX11_BUFFER_DETECTION]
DepthBufferRetrievalMode=1
DepthBufferTextureFormat=0
ExtendedDepthBufferDetection=0
DepthBufferClearingNumber=3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Siridon
  • Pat_s2
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #873 by Pat_s2 Replied by Pat_s2 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
sooooo i had to take off windows compatibility for Crysis 32bit and use d3d9.dll not d3d8.dll like you had suggested. it would not let me use 64bit crysis + 64bit reshade for dx9 for some reason. Just wouldnt work. The water on crysis is now green and glitched asf, i'm assuming because its using dx9? idk lol.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #874 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Pat_s2 wrote: sooooo i had to take off windows compatibility for Crysis 32bit and use d3d9.dll not d3d8.dll like you had suggested. it would not let me use 64bit crysis + 64bit reshade for dx9 for some reason. Just wouldnt work. The water on crysis is now green and glitched asf, i'm assuming because its using dx9? idk lol.

Good to hear it works without having to rename to[strike] d3d8.dll[/strike] dxgi.dll (i had both d3d8 and dxgi.dll in my game folder, and in fact, it is dxgi.dll which works, even in dx9 mode, sorry for that mistake :oops:). On my rig, it did not. I never encounter any artifacts in dx9 mode.
Look a this video: Digital Foundry uses the dx9 mode of Crysis, and it works very well:

• Pat_s2
More
4 years 11 months ago #875 by Pat_s2 Replied by Pat_s2 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I dont understand why my my raytracing shader doesnt do that in my crysis. I got 64bit to work with reshade and im using the most recent version. I have kingdom come deliverance and when i enable rt in there, it has the same effect as digital foundry does in crysis. My crysis just refuses to allow rt to work for some reason. its so weird....
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #876 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Pat_s2 wrote: I dont understand why my my raytracing shader doesnt do that in my crysis. I got 64bit to work with reshade and im using the most recent version. I have kingdom come deliverance and when i enable rt in there, it has the same effect as digital foundry does in crysis. My crysis just refuses to allow rt to work for some reason. its so weird....

Strange indeed. On my rig, it works as intended...

Here are my last dlls (for d3d9): added an option to fix source engine games + fix Crysis depth buffer when "Preserve depth buffer from being cleared" checkbox is ticked:
  • Pat_s2
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #877 by Pat_s2 Replied by Pat_s2 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
NEVERMIND. everything works as it should now.....i literally dont know what i did to fix everything but all my games work now. I'll record some gameplay of the raytracing shader in action for a 2080 ti performance reference. Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Crysis / Guildwars / Star Wars Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast / The Vanishing of Ethan Carter / Grand Theft Auto V. A mixture of older and newer games to see how they all hold up. I'm sure I'll keep testing new games as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thalixte
  • Siridon
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #878 by Siridon Replied by Siridon on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
thalixte Did as you wrote, but still does not work, please see the screenshot, may be tell me where the error
images2.imagebam.com/b5/2a/24/6866051237004654.png
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Siridon.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #879 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Siridon wrote: thalixte Did as you wrote, but still does not work, please see the screenshot, may be tell me where the error

This is normal if it does not work for you.If you take a look at my screenshot, you will see that i ticked two checkboxes in the DX11 panel.
Most of the times, for many games, Reshade has a direct access to the depth buffer.
But in some games, the depth buffer is not accessible because it has been cleared before the final rendering stage (where Reshade applies the post processing techniques). This is the case for this game.
So an option has been added to Reshade in order to retrieve the depth buffer before it has been cleared. It is the purpose of the "Copy depth buffer before clearing" checkbox (it could also be renamed in "Preserve depth buffer before clear").
Now, when the checkbox is ticked, by default Reshade will make a copy of the depth buffer before each clearing stage. Then, you can select the clearing stage before which you want the depth buffer to be retrieved.
In A Plague Tale: Innocence, it works when selecting the third clearing stage, as i did in my screenshot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Qsimil
  • WSH303
More
4 years 11 months ago #880 by WSH303 Replied by WSH303 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Hello, I have a question about source engine based game Vindictus. Depth buffer detection works fine in main menu, but in game it turns in something like this:

Its a mmorpg, so it may be network issue, but something is being displayed, which is strange, I think if everything was ok, then nothing or everything should be displayed.
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.