Depth buffer detection modifications

• thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #761 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote: This option gives no weapon corruption.

So looks like Motion Blur seems to combine the Depth Buffers in this game. This is my assumption. I hope this helps.

You're right BUT there's always the fake shadow (of the hand+weapon model) issue

[img

Could you test this one, please (without the motion blur):
d3d9_32bits.zip
The topic has been locked.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #762 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
It's working great, man!
  • lowenz
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #763 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
And it's working REALLY WELL not only with Unreal Engine 3 but with HL2 Source too! (tested HL2 Update, Portal and the good old Sin Emergence) !

How's the magic?
  • lowenz
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #764 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Halo CE perfect (without preservation!), Halo 2 in good shade but MXAO bleeds.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #765 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote: Halo CE perfect (without preservation!), Halo 2 in good shade but MXAO bleeds.

Yes, i know, but i have an idea for that. I think i have almost found the good way to detect depth buffer in d3d9 games when it has been cleared before the final rendering, and remove the interferences between the real depthstencil and the replacement one. Just a little bug to fix for some games like Resident Evil 4 HD, where the depthstencil is already in the good format (unlike most of the other games). It works, but when changing the settings, it can lead to a CTD. It should be fixable, i guess.
After fixing that bug, will try to implement the trick for making deph buffer in Halo2 work for the weapon (and hope it works). ;)

The good news for Half Life 2 is that, not only the depth buffer works in game, but also in cinematics.

Edit: bug fix done: no more CTD in Resident Evil 4 HD when changing depth buffer settings :cheer:. Now i can try to fix ghost weapons (in Halo 2 or Oblivion)...
Last edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by thalixte.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #766 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Could you please test this one:
d3d9_32bits.zip

Added a new feature called "Weapon fix". Should make the deal with Halo 2 (and others), but i wish someone had an ATI card to check...
Also, please tell me if it introduces some artefacts...

Tested in Oblivion, and it seems to work perfectly...
  • lowenz
More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #767 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: Could you please test this one:
d3d9_32bits.zip

Added a new feature called "Weapon fix". Should make the deal with Halo 2 (and others), but i wish someone had an ATI card to check...

Still not perfect in Halo 2 (fix works but is kind of erratic) but it has solved weapon issue in wrapped (d3d8to9) Republic Commando!

[img
Last edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by lowenz.
  • BlueSkyKnight
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #768 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

d3d9_32bits.zip

I have a AMD card. But, I don't have this Halo game.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #769 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote: Still not perfect in Halo 2 (fix works but is kind of erratic)

What do you mean about Erratic ? Is it in autopreserve mode or not ? I did not encounter such a behaviour :huh: .
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #770 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

d3d9_32bits.zip

I have a AMD card. But, I don't have this Halo game.

Yes, AMD of course :lol: ! (sorry for this anachronism). Can you check Oblivion with the fix and tell me if it works OK for you ?
  • lowenz
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #771 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

What do you mean about Erratic ? Is it in autopreserve mode or not ? I did not encounter such a behaviour :huh: .

Sometimes it works, sometimes not, depending maybe by the camera angle/scene?
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #772 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote:

thalixte wrote:

Sometimes it works, sometimes not, depending maybe by the camera angle/scene?

And it you untick autopreserve ? I guess it is because the number of vertices fluctuates a lot. Selecting a specific depth buffer instance should fix this.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #773 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
With the menu overlay it's alright (MXAO is correctly applied to ALL surfaces, scene geometry ones and the weapon one with the right depth order):

[img

Removing the "autopreservation" you got this switching behaviour: www.mediafire.com/file/cmwp4a64ok61g2m/1.mkv/file
Last edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by lowenz.
  • BlueSkyKnight
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #774 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
ES Oblivion is working on my RX 580. Also, the weapon hands seem to be fully working.
Depth Buffer with the Weapon Hands

Hud now works as it should.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thalixte
  • Sami 1999
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #775 by Sami 1999 Replied by Sami 1999 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:
Have you tried to play with the RESHADE_DEPTH_LINEARIZATION_FAR_PLANE var ?

Yeah I tried. It did make the normal maps look less intrusive but depth based effects aren't still working properly. Also the depth map is completely blank. Only normal map is visible. Here's some screenshot to demonstrate my problems:

Normal map with 0.400 linearization:

Depth map is blank:

Ambient occlusion error:

Resultant image with error:

Also depth of field isn't working properly at all. Focusing is out of place and manual focusing either results in everything blurred with only nearest object being clear or no depth of field at all.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #776 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

BlueSkyKnight wrote: ES Oblivion is working on my RX 580. Also, the weapon hands seem to be fully working.
Depth Buffer with the Weapon Hands

Hud now works as it should.

Thks, BSD ;) I am at the final stage. Just fixed a little bug that occured in Unreal Tournament 3, so now, in this game, depth buffer works properly with both motion blur settings.
Will check the pb with Halo 2, but it seems to behave differently from the other games.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zopiac
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #777 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Sami 1999 wrote:

thalixte wrote:
Have you tried to play with the RESHADE_DEPTH_LINEARIZATION_FAR_PLANE var ?

Yeah I tried. It did make the normal maps look less intrusive but depth based effects aren't still working properly. Also the depth map is completely blank. Only normal map is visible. Here's some screenshot to demonstrate my problems:

Normal map with 0.400 linearization:

Depth map is blank:

Ambient occlusion error:

Resultant image with error:

Also depth of field isn't working properly at all. Focusing is out of place and manual focusing either results in everything blurred with only nearest object being clear or no depth of field at all.

Strange indeed. If you have normal map, you should have depth map.
  • Sami 1999
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #778 by Sami 1999 Replied by Sami 1999 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
The zombies also seemed to be thic on normal maps.

As you can see on the final screenshot with ambient occlusion, the real zombie is thinner than the one on normal. So the normal map is either stretched, or there's something screwed with the geometry or the way the emulator handles the game I guess.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #779 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Sami 1999 wrote: The zombies also seemed to be thic on normal maps.

As you can see on the final screenshot with ambient occlusion, the real zombie is thinner than the one on normal. So the normal map is either stretched, or there's something screwed with the geometry or the way the emulator handles the game I guess.

I should install the emulator to check it. Will see if i can find something...
  • crosire
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #780 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Not strange at all. Set RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED to zero (in case it is currently one, which is the default). Normal calculation doesn't care which way the depth points, everything else does.
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.