Depth buffer detection modifications

• klotim
More
5 years 4 weeks ago - 5 years 4 weeks ago #741 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote: Just use normal reshade dxgi.

About that, I re-suggest thalixte to take a look to the dxgi part, when he'll got some spare time (DX Human Revolution depth buffer detection doesn't work anymore in D3D11).

What do you mean with normal dxgi? I install and set to dx10 if that's what you mean?
It works flawlessly with dx9 render. However the dx9 render still requires dxgi to function. Renaming to d3d9.dll just makes reshade to not load.
Last edit: 5 years 4 weeks ago by klotim.
The topic has been locked.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 4 weeks ago #742 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I mean normal (official) reshade release.
  • klotim
More
5 years 4 weeks ago - 5 years 4 weeks ago #743 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote: I mean normal (official) reshade release.

oh yes it is the official one! :)
But to clarify, I have used the alternative version provided by thalixte and the official one.
Last edit: 5 years 4 weeks ago by klotim.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #744 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Do you mind testing this dll ? It seems to allow the displaying of the sword in Oblivion.
d3d9_32bits.zip

I wonder if it could help in UT3 or Halo 2...
  • lowenz
More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #745 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: Do you mind testing this dll ? It seems to allow the displaying of the sword in Oblivion.
d3d9_32bits.zip

No luck.....same problems.
And not working in Human Revolution too (DX9 mode, february version is working right)
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by lowenz.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #746 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Just tested it on Halo 2, and it fixes the pb on this game (weapon is now visible on the depth buffer)...

Also tested on UT3. It works if i untick the advanced video setting: disable composite dynamic ligths. So i have the line: CompositeDynamicLights=True in the UTEngine.ini. ;)
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by thalixte.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #747 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: Just tested it on Halo 2, and it fixes the pb on this game (weapon is now visible on the depth buffer)...

Also tested on UT3. It works if i untick the advanced video setting: disable composite dynamic ligths. So i have the line: CompositeDynamicLights=True in the UTEngine.ini. ;)

It's NOT that option, it's the "directional lightmaps" ;)
But this is not a great solution: the fake shadow of the weapon is still there (and in the february version there's no need to disable anything).

[img
closest arvest bank to me
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #748 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote:

thalixte wrote: Just tested it on Halo 2, and it fixes the pb on this game (weapon is now visible on the depth buffer)...

It's NOT that option, it's the "directional lightmaps" ;)
But this is not a great solution: the fake shadow of the weapon is still there (and in the february version there's no need to disable anything).

[img
closest arvest bank to me

Ok, if you say so. It is difficult for me to make the trad, as i do not play in english. And what about Halo 2 ?
  • lowenz
More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #749 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
The issue is about how the engine uses the depth buffer for the lightmaps, so disabling the directional lightmaps there's no corruption/artifact.
You've simply read the line before in the advanced options screen :p

I'll test Halo 2 ;)
  • lowenz
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #750 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Yes!
But MXAO still flickers....
  • BlueSkyKnight
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #751 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: Do you mind testing this dll ? It seems to allow the displaying of the sword in Oblivion.
d3d9_32bits.zip

Ya, it works in oblivion.

Thank you

Issues with HUD though. I wonder if a Hud mod can fix this. I will get back to you on this.
  • BlueSkyKnight
More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #752 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
So testing the HUD mods no dice.... Made things worst.

I do have new information about your new DLLs.

Dead Space 2 not working. Depth Buffer comes in and out. With the modern new DLL, you put here. Some issues in Fallout NV and Fallout 3.

But, no issues when using the DLL posted here around 10/12/2018

This Older one seems to have some magic you used :D.

This is also the DLL that works with Fallout 3 and NV
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by BlueSkyKnight.
  • klotim
More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #753 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I get this in my log, what does it mean?

00:27:09:129 [04828] | ERROR | Failed to create depth stencil replacement texture! HRESULT is '0x80070057'.

its spamming the log.
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by klotim.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #754 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
What is the game ? If it is on Stalker, it is the error i had when multi sampling was enabled (ingame anti-aliasing). The MSAA indicator did not work right on Stalker, so it told me that MSAA was disabled, even if it was not the case...
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #755 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

BlueSkyKnight wrote: So testing the HUD mods no dice.... Made things worst.

I do have new information about your new DLLs.

Dead Space 2 not working. Depth Buffer comes in and out. With the modern new DLL, you put here. Some issues in Fallout NV and Fallout 3.

But, no issues when using the DLL posted here around 10/12/2018

This Older one seems to have some magic you used :D.

This is also the DLL that works with Fallout 3 and NV

Ok, so let's try this one:
d3d9_32bits.zip

You can also try it on Unreal Tournament 3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus
  • BlueSkyKnight
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #756 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
This newest version word really well with Dead Space 2 & Fallout 3.
DS2 DB

DS2 CB

F3 DB

F3 CB

As for ES Oblivion

Seems to be the best one yet. Even with the bug.
Maybe we can allow for selection of two Depth Buffers as i suggested before? Just a thought.

I have to make UT3 in the next post.
  • BlueSkyKnight
More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #757 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Unreal Tournament 3: Black Edition.

So I ran UT3 with my normal settings with Motion Blur Off.

This option gives weapon corruption.
UT3 DB MB Off Option 0

UT3 CB MB Off Option 0

But, only the weapon hand DB is of lower quality. It seems like this is the World DB. Since the Weapon Hand is not scaled.
An issue that even my shader has to deal with.

This option gives no weapon corruption.
UT3 DB MB Off Option 1

But, only the weapon hand is drawn in this DB. To scale.

So the issues in UT3 were solved by enabling Motion Blur.

UT3 Settings

This option gives no weapon corruption.
UT3 DB MB Off Option 0

UT3 CB MB Off Option 0

Both World and Weapon Hand DB are drawn to scale. With no corruption in the CB.

So looks like Motion Blur seems to combine the Depth Buffers in this game. This is my assumption. I hope this helps.
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by BlueSkyKnight.
  • Sami 1999
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #758 by Sami 1999 Replied by Sami 1999 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
House of dead 2 on demul [Sega Naomi version] has issues with depth buffer:

Which results in weird depth of field and AO.

Pc version works fine but the graphics of pc version is heavily downgraded. Also some other games on demul like shenmue work fine with reshade's depth buffer detection. So it's can't be a demul problem, rather a game specific problem I suppose?
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #759 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Sami 1999 wrote: House of dead 2 on demul [Sega Naomi version] has issues with depth buffer:

Which results in weird depth of field and AO.

Pc version works fine but the graphics of pc version is heavily downgraded. Also some other games on demul like shenmue work fine with reshade's depth buffer detection. So it's can't be a demul problem, rather a game specific problem I suppose?

Have you tried to play with the RESHADE_DEPTH_LINEARIZATION_FAR_PLANE var ?
  • lowenz
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #760 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

BlueSkyKnight wrote: This option gives no weapon corruption.

So looks like Motion Blur seems to combine the Depth Buffers in this game. This is my assumption. I hope this helps.

You're right BUT there's always the fake shadow (of the hand+weapon model) issue

[img
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.