Depth buffer detection modifications

• Sami 1999
More
5 years 1 week ago #781 by Sami 1999 Replied by Sami 1999 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

crosire wrote: Not strange at all. Set RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED to zero (in case it is currently one, which is the default). Normal calculation doesn't care which way the depth points, everything else does.

Yeah tried that. I thought that would fix it like it does on many games.

But swtiching between 1 and 0 only makes the depth map either completely black or completely white. Eitherway it remains blank.

It's worth mentioning that the game I'm testing is House of Dead 2 "SEGA Naomi" version running on Demul.
Same depth map and mismatched normal issue also occurs with the "SEGA Dreamcast" version on Demul.

But depth map and normal shows perfectly fine on PC version of House of Dead 2. All the effects works flawlessly as well. However, I'm trying to get reshade working on Demul because the PC port was heavily downgraded graphically, even more than than the dreamcast port, let alone Sega naomi version.
The topic has been locked.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 week ago #782 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Sami 1999 wrote:

crosire wrote: Not strange at all. Set RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED to zero (in case it is currently one, which is the default). Normal calculation doesn't care which way the depth points, everything else does.

Yeah tried that. I thought that would fix it like it does on many games.

But swtiching between 1 and 0 only makes the depth map either completely black or completely white. Eitherway it remains blank.

It's worth mentioning that the game I'm testing is House of Dead 2 "SEGA Naomi" version running on Demul.
Same depth map and mismatched normal issue also occurs with the "SEGA Dreamcast" version on Demul.

But depth map and normal shows perfectly fine on PC version of House of Dead 2. All the effects works flawlessly as well. However, I'm trying to get reshade working on Demul because the PC port was heavily downgraded graphically, even more than than the dreamcast port, let alone Sega naomi version.

Yes. That is the first setting i change when i try to check for depth buffer access. But with the latests versions of Reshade, and the lastest versions of the displayDepth shader, there is the opportunity to change directly this setting on the fly, not only in the preprocessor vars.
But when changing this setting in the shader parameters, you have to ensure that the "Use preprocessor definitions" checkbox is untick.
  • NattyDread
More
5 years 1 week ago #783 by NattyDread Replied by NattyDread on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Are we not able to pick the DB in dx9 as in dx12?
All I see is:
Disable replacement with INTZ format

This is on ReShade 4.2.1; Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 week ago #784 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

NattyDread wrote: Are we not able to pick the DB in dx9 as in dx12?
All I see is:
Disable replacement with INTZ format

This is on ReShade 4.2.1; Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition

Not yet, but maybe you could try this one:
d3d9_32bits.zip
  • Scorpio82CO
More
5 years 1 week ago - 5 years 1 week ago #785 by Scorpio82CO Replied by Scorpio82CO on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Can you make an OpenGL DB, I need to see if It´s capable to detect in emulators,.. some ones receives me, but with some type of glitches or freezing..jeje.thanks!
Last edit: 5 years 1 week ago by Scorpio82CO.
  • Sami 1999
More
5 years 1 week ago #786 by Sami 1999 Replied by Sami 1999 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:
Yes. That is the first setting i change when i try to check for depth buffer access. But with the latests versions of Reshade, and the lastest versions of the displayDepth shader, there is the opportunity to change directly this setting on the fly, not only in the preprocessor vars.
But when changing this setting in the shader parameters, you have to ensure that the "Use preprocessor definitions" checkbox is untick.

Yeah I tried with both ticked and unticked just to be sure. Unfortunately that didn't solve the issue.

I guess it's just the way the emulator/game handles things.
  • Netrve
More
5 years 6 days ago #787 by Netrve Replied by Netrve on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I kind of hoped that this would work with the new 7 days to die version, sadly it does not :(
MXAO would be so amazing, looks like I have to wait a while for now ^^
  • lowenz
More
5 years 5 days ago - 5 years 5 days ago #788 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
DX9 problem in Human Revolution (DX9 path - reminder to look for DX11 path too :p DB retrieving is no more working in DX11)

*no DB detection (correct rendering)
[img

*DB detection+autopreserve:
[img
Last edit: 5 years 5 days ago by lowenz.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 days ago #789 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote: DX9 problem in Human Revolution (DX9 path - reminder to look for DX11 path too :p DB retrieving is no more working in DX11)

*no DB detection (correct rendering)

*DB detection+autopreserve:
[img

Can you send to me the game save, please ?
  • lowenz
More
5 years 3 days ago #790 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Quicksave -> www49.zippyshare.com/v/a5zhdFf8/file.html

If you can check DX11 path too ;)
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 days ago #791 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote: Quicksave -> www49.zippyshare.com/v/a5zhdFf8/file.html

If you can check DX11 path too ;)

Just checked DX11, and it works for me when ticking "copy depth buffer before clear", with the dlls i provided to you for d3d9.
For the bug you mentioned in d3d9, it seems linked to lightning process. Do not know if i can resolve it. Will see...
  • Dom324
More
5 years 1 day ago #792 by Dom324 Replied by Dom324 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Hello,
I'm trying to get MXAO working with Mass Effect 3. I've tried your few lastest D3D9.dll files that you posted here, but sadly they did not help. There are users that reported that your fix was working for them in ME3, but that's long ago - the files you posted in post #544 are no longer avalaible for download, could you please repost them so I can try if these work for me? :)
  • someone_for
More
4 years 11 months ago #793 by someone_for Replied by someone_for on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Dom324 wrote: Hello,
I'm trying to get MXAO working with Mass Effect 3. I've tried your few lastest D3D9.dll files that you posted here, but sadly they did not help. There are users that reported that your fix was working for them in ME3, but that's long ago - the files you posted in post #544 are no longer avalaible for download, could you please repost them so I can try if these work for me? :)

I would also appreciate a repost :)
  • Zireael
More
4 years 11 months ago #794 by Zireael Replied by Zireael on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Anyone manage to get depth detection work properly in Assassin Creed 1 & 2?

Depth buffer only shows up for buildings, player character, npcs and some smaller objects are all missing.

I've tried your .dll and it doesn't help.

HBAO works correctly via Nvidia Inspector.
  • lowenz
More
4 years 11 months ago #795 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Weapon Fix seems to introduce the old overbright issue:
-> imgur.com/a/LJDMXDx
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #796 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Hello,
What do you mean by "overbright issue" ?
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #797 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
A litlle bit of explanation:
The fix for weapons write specifics drawcalls to the depthbuffer readable texture, but not only: it also changes the viewport during this specific operation in order to fix z-fighting issues. The cullcript here is that the depth buffer infos of the weapon has lower depth values than the depth buffer infos of the rest of the scene.
  • lowenz
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #798 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: Hello,
What do you mean by "overbright issue" ?

"Weapons-fixed" frame (framebuffer?) has a different brightness as you can see. It's more bright (you can calculate the difference of the 2 images if you don't believe your eyes). It's really similar to some issues seen in the old versions.
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by lowenz.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #799 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Can you check this version in Deus Ex d3d9 ?
d3d9_32bits.zip
  • lowenz
More
4 years 11 months ago #800 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: Can you check this version in Deus Ex d3d9 ?
d3d9_32bits.zip

Working but with (expected?) performance hit!
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.