Depth buffer detection modifications

• Daodan
More
5 years 3 months ago #541 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Are you using the latest DisplayDepth.fx? In an earlier version the normal derivation was not quite right: only surfaces with high curvature were colored. But that was fixed by Marty McFly at some point. Otherwise I don't know what could cause this.
The topic has been locked.
  • Sami 1999
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #542 by Sami 1999 Replied by Sami 1999 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Daodan wrote: Are you using the latest DisplayDepth.fx? In an earlier version the normal derivation was not quite right: only surfaces with high curvature were colored. But that was fixed by Marty McFly at some point. Otherwise I don't know what could cause this.

Thanks for the info. I was using the one that Reshade downloads automatically. I will look for the latest depth fx shader then.

Edit: I tried the normal fixing the latest version of displaydepth.fx, same results again. I think the game has broken normals. I have to disable mxao then.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Sami 1999.
  • schilling3003
More
5 years 3 months ago #543 by schilling3003 Replied by schilling3003 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
If anyone could provide assistance on getting this to work in Planet Coaster I would greatly appreciate it. I know it's a bit of an obscure game though.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #544 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Hello guys ;)

Would you please test those dlls (i try another strategy to retrieve the depth buffer before it is cleared):
d3d9_32bits.zip
d3d9_64bits.zip

Some results in RE4 HD:

• Daodan
More
5 years 3 months ago #545 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Just tried it with Mass Effect 3 and it works :)
  • lowenz
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #546 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Double post, see below
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by lowenz.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #547 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
with NO shader active there's still a corruption of the arm+weapon:
[img

Normal Maps are fine:
[img
  • lowenz
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #548 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
HL2 (Year Long Alarm mod) seems working fine :D

[img
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #549 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote: with NO shader active there's still a corruption of the arm+weapon:

Normal Maps are fine:
[img

Is it possible for you to display the game in wireframe mode (bind the keys to toggle the mode in the settings tab) ?
The wireframe mode only works offline, of course. It displays better with the depth representation of the game, but you can also try with the normal map one.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by thalixte.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #550 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Video of the issue (some kind of fragment accumulation over the weapon mesh):
-> streamable.com/iliid (you can see the shadow of the weapon model too !)

Depth+Wireframe
[img

Normal Maps+Wireframe (the red lines I've drawn show some kind of "striping" pattern on the weapon that you can see rotating the mouse - don't know if it's relatable to the issue or not)
[img
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #551 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Thks a lot, very helpful. Maybe i should consider retrieving UT3. Can you test some other games ?
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #552 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Daodan wrote: Just tried it with Mass Effect 3 and it works :)

First, thks a lot for your normal maps shader ;)
I tried on Mass Effect 2 with success, so Mass Effect 3 should work as well :cheer: .
  • lowenz
More
5 years 3 months ago #553 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: Thks a lot, very helpful. Maybe i should consider retrieving UT3. Can you test some other games ?

Of course.
Name some games!
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #554 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote:

thalixte wrote: Thks a lot, very helpful. Maybe i should consider retrieving UT3. Can you test some other games ?

Of course.
Name some games!

For instance:
  • RE4 HD
  • Styx: Master of Shadows d3d9
  • The Elder Scrolls Oblivion
  • Outlast
  • Left For Dead 2
  • Far Cry
  • Crysis d3d9
I know it works for Vanquish, but i have to add a specific option to allow resizing the depth buffer.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #555 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
About OLD Source Engine games: SiN Emergence (it really needs some MXAO love :D to avoid the general shading flatness)
It works! BUT there are some problems (don't know if game level related or DB retrieving procedure related)
Look Up! There's (another) part of the level floating in the sky.....

[img

[img

[img
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #556 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Yes, i have this kind of issue in Half Life 2 in the first level: there is a square at the top left where some meshes appear.

Normally, i only disable the clearing for the depth buffer, not for the rendering, so it should not have this kind of trouble...

I have to investigate why thoses meshes appear in front. Does the meshes also appear in the normal rendering of the game ?

Of course, it only appears if you tick the "Preserve the depth buffer from being cleared" checkbox ?
  • lowenz
More
5 years 3 months ago #557 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Only ticking that option!
  • lowenz
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #558 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
DB detection/retrieving in Halo CE and Halo 2 is good with "Preserve" BUT there's some issue (similar to the ones of UT3!)
Accumulation bug in Halo CE starting screen (see the white @right):

[img
  • lowenz
More
5 years 3 months ago #559 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Far Cry and FEAR are working fine even without "Preserve" (as expected)
  • lowenz
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #560 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Halo CE has another interesting issue:
*if you start the game WITHOUT "preserve" enable and you enable it, all is fine and you got the correct access to the DB
*if you start the game with that option ALREADY enabled in the last run, you got this unexpected occlusion/depth transparency
[img
url images

I will test it without Opensauce now.....
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.