Depth buffer detection modifications

• xScruffyDaSasquatchx
More
4 years 11 months ago #821 by xScruffyDaSasquatchx Replied by xScruffyDaSasquatchx on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote: With the menu overlay it's alright (MXAO is correctly applied to ALL surfaces, scene geometry ones and the weapon one with the right depth order):

Removing the "autopreservation" you got this switching behaviour: www.mediafire.com/file/cmwp4a64ok61g2m/1.mkv/file

Was this ever fixed? I get this as well for Halo 2
The topic has been locked.
  • 0nimare
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #822 by 0nimare Replied by 0nimare on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Hello, I'm looking for a way to make depth buffer work properly for HL2 MMOD

In vanilla hl2 or "update" version it works fine after you disable ui (r_drawvgui 0), but in MMOD there is another depth buffer that overrides default one most of time, it lacks viewmodels and physic objects (like props or doors), also sometimes it switches to default depth buffer causing a flicker, or even switches to skybox-only depth buffer.

Any ideas how can it be solved?
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by 0nimare.
  • Joruus
More
4 years 10 months ago #823 by Joruus Replied by Joruus on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: Can you test this one for AC2 ?
d3d9_AC2.zip

With the Reshade.ini settings above:
[DX9_BUFFER_DETECTION]
DisableINTZ=0
PreserveDepthBuffer=1
PreserveDepthBufferIndex=4294967295
AutoPreserve=0
BruteForceFix=0

You can also try with BruteForceFix=1

I cannot get it to work. Regardless of whether I use PreserveDepthBufferIndex=4294967295, PreserveDepthBufferIndex=1 or BruteForceFix=1, I get no depth information using this dll. Regular ReShade dll works fine (but has the character depth bug mentioned earlier).
I am using the Steam version of AC2. Could this be an issue?
  • Sweren
More
4 years 10 months ago #824 by Sweren Replied by Sweren on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Hi, I'm looking for a way to make depth buffer work on Euro Truck Simulator 2 (DX11)

I don't know nothing about coding so I can't use your repository, excuse me :)
  • Koubarov
More
4 years 10 months ago #825 by Koubarov Replied by Koubarov on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Thalixte great work on depth buffer detection.

Regarding TES V: Skyrim, do you know if there is a way to fix depth buffer missing elements (they go on and off) while you rotate the camera or sometimes the fact that the view port doesn't match the depth buffer which results in some out of place black elements (I am using MXAO) showing on the screen as AO shadows objects that are on the depth buffer but these objects do not match what’s visible on screen.

Keep up the great work :)
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #826 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Sweren wrote: Hi, I'm looking for a way to make depth buffer work on Euro Truck Simulator 2 (DX11)

I don't know nothing about coding so I can't use your repository, excuse me :)

Will try as soon as i can...
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #827 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Joruus wrote: I cannot get it to work. Regardless of whether I use PreserveDepthBufferIndex=4294967295, PreserveDepthBufferIndex=1 or BruteForceFix=1, I get no depth information using this dll. Regular ReShade dll works fine (but has the character depth bug mentioned earlier).
I am using the Steam version of AC2. Could this be an issue?

Could you test this one ?
d3d9_32bits.zip

With those values:
[DX9_BUFFER_DETECTION]
DisableINTZ=0
PreserveDepthBuffer=1
AutoPreserve=0
BruteForceFix=0
FocusOnBestOriginalDepthstencilSource=0
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by thalixte.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0nimare, Joruus
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #828 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Koubarov wrote: Thalixte great work on depth buffer detection.

Regarding TES V: Skyrim, do you know if there is a way to fix depth buffer missing elements (they go on and off) while you rotate the camera or sometimes the fact that the view port doesn't match the depth buffer which results in some out of place black elements (I am using MXAO) showing on the screen as AO shadows objects that are on the depth buffer but these objects do not match what’s visible on screen.

Thks :)

d3d9_32bits.zip

With those values:
[DX9_BUFFER_DETECTION]
DisableINTZ=0
PreserveDepthBuffer=1
PreserveDepthBufferIndex=0
AutoPreserve=1
BruteForceFix=1
FocusOnBestOriginalDepthstencilSource=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Koubarov, 0nimare
  • 0nimare
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #829 by 0nimare Replied by 0nimare on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Thanks, seems to fix my issue as well! With only one setting enabled: Preserve Depth Buffer from being cleared. And of course MSAA and UI disabled.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #830 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

0nimare wrote: Thanks, seems to fix my issue as well! With only one setting enabled: Preserve Depth Buffer from being cleared. And of course MSAA and UI disabled.

Yes, the settings i provided are for TES Oblivion. Did not test on TES V Skyrim. Good to know it works :P
  • 0nimare
More
4 years 10 months ago #831 by 0nimare Replied by 0nimare on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I'm the one who had issue with HL2:MMOD though :)
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #832 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

0nimare wrote: I'm the one who had issue with HL2:MMOD though :)

For me, HL2 works perfectly with the dll i just provided without having to set r_drawvgui to 0 (without disabling the UI). Here are my settings:
[DX9_BUFFER_DETECTION]
DisableINTZ=0
PreserveDepthBuffer=1
PreserveDepthBufferIndex=1
AutoPreserve=1
BruteForceFix=0
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0nimare
  • 0nimare
More
4 years 10 months ago #833 by 0nimare Replied by 0nimare on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Yep, vanilla hl2 works pefectly but I'm playing hl2update + mmod, both of them have done some changes to engine so it's not surprising that z buffer behaves differently. Anyway, thanks again, now everything works just fine even if ui needs to be disabled.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #834 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

0nimare wrote: Yep, vanilla hl2 works pefectly but I'm playing hl2update + mmod, both of them have done some changes to engine so it's not surprising that z buffer behaves differently. Anyway, thanks again, now everything works just fine even if ui needs to be disabled.

In vanilla hl2, i do not need to disable the ui for the depth buffer to work. When you say you disable the UI, you talk about the mod ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0nimare
  • 0nimare
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #835 by 0nimare Replied by 0nimare on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Your dll works perfectly without disabling ui in vanilla hl2.

Upd:
With these settings HL2:Update:MMod seems to work fine even with ui enabled
[DX9_BUFFER_DETECTION]
DisableINTZ=0
PreserveDepthBuffer=1
PreserveDepthBufferIndex=1
AutoPreserve=0
BruteForceFix=0

Upd2:
Doesn't work on some maps, or in some places. Sometimes the correct buffer is with index 2 or 3. Auto preserve often fails to guess the correct one. However with UI disabled and only "preserve depth buffer from being cleared" selected it works great.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #836 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

0nimare wrote: Upd2:
Doesn't work on some maps, or in some places. Sometimes the correct buffer is with index 2 or 3. Auto preserve often fails to guess the correct one. However with UI disabled and only "preserve depth buffer from being cleared" selected it works great.

Is it with the mod ?
Could you please send a video of the pb, displaying the dx9 tab ? Thks.
  • Koubarov
More
4 years 10 months ago #837 by Koubarov Replied by Koubarov on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

Koubarov wrote: Thalixte great work on depth buffer detection.

Thks :)

d3d9_32bits.zip

With those values:
[DX9_BUFFER_DETECTION]
DisableINTZ=0
PreserveDepthBuffer=1
AutoPreserve=1
BruteForceFix=1
FocusOnBestOriginalDepthstencilSource=1

Thanks for the rapid response thalixte. Will check the new DLL and settings as soon as I get home and post the results later today.
  • 0nimare
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #838 by 0nimare Replied by 0nimare on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: Is it with the mod ?
Could you please send a video of the pb, displaying the dx9 tab ? Thks.

It actually happens in just hl2upd and vanilla hl2

HL2:Update with auto preserve (223 mb)
HL2:Update with index 1 preserved (509 mb)
Vanilla HL2 with auto preserve (246 mb)
Vanilla HL2 with index 1 preserved (231 mb)
  • Joruus
More
4 years 10 months ago #839 by Joruus Replied by Joruus on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: Could you test this one ?
d3d9_32bits.zip

With those values:

[DX9_BUFFER_DETECTION]
DisableINTZ=0
PreserveDepthBuffer=1
AutoPreserve=0
BruteForceFix=0

Thank You very much! This dll works great in the Steam version of AC2, albeit with the following settings:
[DX9_BUFFER_DETECTION]
DisableINTZ=0
PreserveDepthBuffer=1
AutoPreserve=1
BruteForceFix=0
Alternatively, it also seems to work with the following, although I didn't test much:
[DX9_BUFFER_DETECTION]
DisableINTZ=0
PreserveDepthBuffer=1
AutoPreserve=0
BruteForceFix=0

Thank you again for your awesome work! :cheer:
  • Koubarov
More
4 years 10 months ago #840 by Koubarov Replied by Koubarov on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Update regarding Skyrim.

I had to disable the weapon and stencil fixes in order to get an almost perfect Depth Buffer.

Objects no longer disappear from the Depth Buffer while panning the camera although at times some flickering (Depth Buffer turns off for a split second) and minor artifacts at the bottom of the screen are occurring. Most of the time it works so definitely an improvement.

Lastly there is a weird bug happening that I don't know if it's the modified .dll that does it or Marty's Quint MXAO.

If I enable MXAO_Quint from the start, the main menu screen and loading screen are blackened severely and the other Depth Buffer effects (namely Adaptive Fog) can't access the Depth Buffer in game, if then I force a reload of ReShade everything works as intended and when exiting to the main menu there is no blackening of the 2D image.

To remedy this I have ΜΧΑΟ_Quint disabled in my profile and I re-enabled (through a key stroke) it on the first in-game load of my save game and everything works fine after that.
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.