Depth buffer detection modifications

• thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 weeks ago - 5 years 4 weeks ago #721 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Here are new versions of the d3d9.dll. It should fix depth buffer detection in Outlast as well as in Vanquish and Oblivion (for Oblivion, the sword does not appear, in first person mode, sorry)... For those games, untick the autopreserve checkbox, and select the first depth buffer.

d3d9_64bits.zip
d3d9_32bits.zip
Last edit: 5 years 4 weeks ago by thalixte.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Uncle Crassius
The topic has been locked.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 4 weeks ago #722 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Thanks, will test!
  • lowenz
More
5 years 4 weeks ago - 5 years 4 weeks ago #723 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Unreal Engine 3, same old problem (forcing autopreserve too)
See the weapon (and its shadow)

[img
Last edit: 5 years 4 weeks ago by lowenz.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 4 weeks ago - 5 years 4 weeks ago #724 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
MXAO bleeds (autopreserve enabled) in Halo 2 (see the left weapon/hand)
Well, it's better than the old compenetration problem.

[img
Last edit: 5 years 4 weeks ago by lowenz.
  • Uncle Crassius
More
5 years 4 weeks ago #725 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: Here are new versions of the d3d9.dll. It should fix depth buffer detection in Outlast as well as in Vanquish and Oblivion (for Oblivion, the sword does not appear, in first person mode, sorry)... For those games, untick the autopreserve checkbox, and select the first depth buffer.

d3d9_64bits.zip
d3d9_32bits.zip

Thanks. It seems to work fine in Vanquish.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 weeks ago #726 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
In the previous dlls, made a little mistake. Should work even better now :P

d3d9_64bits.zip
d3d9_32bits.zip
  • BlueSkyKnight
More
5 years 4 weeks ago #727 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Thank you thalixte.

Not having the weapon dawn in the depth buffer is fine. I will Try it out.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 4 weeks ago #728 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: In the previous dlls, made a little mistake. Should work even better now :P

d3d9_64bits.zip
d3d9_32bits.zip

Same problems reported before :/
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #729 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
What game it is ? In all the games i tested, did not see any pb... If MXAO bleeds, this is because i retrieve the main depth buffer, wich sometimes does not include the weapon...

But... maybe... Could you test this one, please:
d3d9_alternative_32bits.zip
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by thalixte.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #730 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
The first screenshot is from Unreal Tournament 3 (and the problem is the same as ever, you got it solved last time but it's here now again).
The second one is from Halo 2 (+Project Cartographer): now there's no geometry compenetration (and it's good) but there's the bleeding.
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by lowenz.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #731 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: What game it is ? In all the games i tested, did not see any pb... If MXAO bleeds, this is because i retrieve the main depth buffer, wich sometimes does not include the weapon...

But... maybe... Could you test this one, please:

This one solves the bleeding but there's the old geometry issue :p

[img
  • lowenz
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #732 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
And no luck in UT3 (and all the UE3 games I think)

[img

Old january release didn't have this problem with UE3.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #733 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
And this one ?

In the january lib, there was a multi depthstencil selection ?
  • lowenz
More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #734 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
1) Same as the other "alternative":
[img

[img

2) No, or at least I don't remember anything about it
  • mr_spongeworthy
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #735 by mr_spongeworthy Replied by mr_spongeworthy on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Wow, I can't believe I just found this thread. Been struggling with TriDef in FO76 (not that it is a good game, because it really isn't), and maybe I can give this a try with SuperDepth. Is there a concrete set of instructions anywhere, or do I just try to locate the most recent version and drop it in on top of a ReShade install?

I'm fairly sure you sent me a tweak that works for Project Cars 2 way, way back on Discord. I still have that installed (but with a very old version of SuperDepth).
  • klotim
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #736 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Playing STALKER Clear Sky atm. According to Games page, Clear sky should have perfect compatibility.
But I cant get the depth buffer to work. MSAA is disabled.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #737 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote: 1) Same as the other "alternative":

[img

2) No, or at least I don't remember anything about it

Errata corrige: YES, old 2019 releases got the problem fixed using the "multiple depthstencil":

reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/4083...tion?start=700#32476

That february version is working in UT3
In Halo 2 it gives a flipping DB selection" situation (the DB selection switches between 2 DB every second).
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #738 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

klotim wrote: Playing STALKER Clear Sky atm. According to Games page, Clear sky should have perfect compatibility.

Just tested STALKER Clear Sky, with both the official version, and the last i upoaded (d3d9_32bits.zip, not the alternative on). No problem to retrieve the depth buffer, in both ways (preserve or not). Just a little workaround: rename the d3d9.dll to dxgi.dll, and check that you don't play not online. ;)
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by thalixte.
  • klotim
More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #739 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

klotim wrote: Playing STALKER Clear Sky atm. According to Games page, Clear sky should have perfect compatibility.

Just tested STALKER Clear Sky, with both the official version, and the last i upoaded (d3d9_32bits.zip, not the alternative on). No problem to retrieve the depth buffer, in both ways (preserve or not). Just a little workaround: rename the d3d9.dll to dxgi.dll, and check that you don't play not online. ;)

The steam version?
In settings, what did you set? Dx 10.1?
I did set reshade to dx10+ during install.
Im gonna keep looking hmm...

EDIT:
Okay I Tried all settings, its dx 10 enhanced render that causes the issue. If i use dx9 enhanced render, it works.

Is it possible to get the depth buffer for dx10 render? It has some nice features like the wet surface thing.
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by klotim.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #740 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

klotim wrote:

thalixte wrote:

The steam version?
In settings, what did you set? Dx 10.1?
I did set reshade to dx10+ during install.
Im gonna keep looking hmm...

EDIT:
Okay I Tried all settings, its dx 10 enhanced render that causes the issue. If i use dx9 enhanced render, it works.

Is it possible to get the depth buffer for dx10 render? It has some nice features like the wet surface thing.

Just use normal reshade dxgi.

About that, I re-suggest thalixte to take a look to the dxgi part, when he'll got some spare time (DX Human Revolution depth buffer detection doesn't work anymore in D3D11).
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.