• Xrysis
More
7 years 3 months ago #281 by Xrysis Replied by Xrysis on topic 3.0
Hi. Thanks for your work. I tried Reshade for the first time (GW2) and it works nicely.
However, there is this huge bar that pops up every time i change maps. The info in there is not particularly useful. I only found a post by you where you said that you may or may not include an option to disable it (or show it only once). That was some time ago.

I cannot continue to use Reshade because this is so annoying. It is huge and blocks the main menu. Please consider including an option to get rid of it.
The topic has been locked.
  • MichaelB450
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #282 by MichaelB450 Replied by MichaelB450 on topic 3.0
It's been over a month since I posted my reply about the Steam overlay being disabled when using Reshade 3.0.6 with The Crew and I see that nothing has been done to fix the issue... I really enjoy using Reshade 3.0.6, but the Steam overlay being disabled is really annoying. I have tried disabling the Uplay overlay, but that didn't fix the Steam overlay being broken...

Please do fix this issue.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by MichaelB450.
  • Wicked Sick
More
7 years 3 months ago #283 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic 3.0
Try to run Steam as Admin to see if the overlay is still disabled. I had a similar issue and running Steam as Admin fixed it for me.
  • MichaelB450
More
7 years 3 months ago #284 by MichaelB450 Replied by MichaelB450 on topic 3.0
Just tried running Steam as Administrator and the overlay is still disabled...
  • Affenkind
More
7 years 3 months ago #285 by Affenkind Replied by Affenkind on topic 3.0
ReShade is realy a big tool, tiny and powerfull, i love Vibrance.fx with -1, -1, -1 (0.15) desaturated, only one think i miss to hit the perfect state, and that is a frame limiter like Bandicam or dxtory, so that i not need any other sotware running.
RTSS frame limiter works great, but worked with busy technics and not idle, so my cpu is running full speed and eats my electric. And with the Nvidia-Inspector and the build in limiter, there have many software problems, like stutter or slow loading. But you, with your tool have the know how, great hooks to add a .ini feature for a frame limiter.
My hope on this feature goes on for 2017, good luck and thx for all your lifetime.
  • XIIICaesar
More
7 years 3 months ago #286 by XIIICaesar Replied by XIIICaesar on topic 3.0
Is TuningPalette ever coming to ReShade v3.x? It is way superior in comparison to LUT.fx , especially the lut tiering via TileAmountX for different light scenes.
  • Demonspitfir
More
7 years 3 months ago #287 by Demonspitfir Replied by Demonspitfir on topic 3.0 - FFX / FFX-2 HD Remaster
I'm using the 1.1 Version of Reshade as found on the Nexus Mod Manager Page

- www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasyxx2hdremas...s%2F%3Fid%3D49&pUp=1 -

as seen in this URL.

I was curious if there was going to be Support for those games, I see you have Support for other Final Fantasy Games just those aren't listed with 3.0.

I'm also curious as to where i may find one, if there is one, a guide on "How to Use/Install" this product, so that I know if I have to manually place files each time and edit config files or if they'll install themselves and does it have to be "Per Game"?

I love the 1.1 Patch for FFX and FFX-2 - but FFX-2 seems to crash a bit here and there randomly - seems to happen during Battle Transitions mostly - leaving a battle / defeating an enemy. Not sure if there's a crash log or something.
  • MonarchX
More
7 years 3 months ago #288 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic 3.0

XIIICaesar wrote: Is TuningPalette ever coming to ReShade v3.x? It is way superior in comparison to LUT.fx , especially the lut tiering via TileAmountX for different light scenes.

Indeed, looks like ReShade 2.0.3f1 is going to be THE ReShade for those who want to see an accurate calibrated picture on displays which do not come with full calibration controls. I absolutely need TuningPalette shader to get 3DLUT's working for my monitor!
The following user(s) said Thank You: XIIICaesar
  • Marty McFly
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #289 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic 3.0
B..But LUT.fx's whole purpose is to load 3D LUT textures? The only thing I didn't add is the different LUT's for differently bright scenes. Besides, I could calibrate my own monitor who has no calibration options besides brightness and saturation through other tools just fine.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Marty McFly.
  • v00d00m4n
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #290 by v00d00m4n Replied by v00d00m4n on topic 3.0
After messing up with Reshade 3 I think I hate I more than I like it, therea re many issues with usability logic, I don't know where to start:

1) Usage of ABSOLUTE path is shortsited and bad decision
you move you game folder - reshade does not work
you copy past configs from one game to another - reshade does not work
you share profile with friend - reshade does not work
you change letter of disk - reshade does not work
and this goes on and one, seriously, Crosire, how come you cant foresee this coming and why in a world you screwed up much better designed way of how reshade 1 and 2 worked with RELATIVE PATH?

Relative path is a must! There absolutely no reason to use absolute one!

2) Distribution of installer in exe form that does not come with unpacked dll and default ini - bad idea
for example some games works with 2 apis, DX9 and DX11, or games has 32 and 64 bit exes, sometimes game work with dxgi but does not with d3dX - in this case I just want to put 2 dll with same names manually, and I do it faster than repeating this with installer and messing up with names.

Installer must be just a helper tool like it uses to be with old version, unpacked dlls and default ini should come unpacked for 32 and 64 bit

3) This is a combo of 1 and 2 - using MAIN INI file that dynamically match DLL - is again very shortsighted decision
You start game with d3d9 configured it, than tried d3d11 version and - reshade unconfigured because it freaking loads different ini!
You copy ini file made for d3d9 game, to game with d3d11, and you have to rename both dll and ini, instead of just dll, and if you forget to do that (like I usually do), or if you installed dll from installer and then copied in - reshade again does not work!
No, seriously , this drives me mad! Cross you are good coder, and you have not made such mistakes with Reshade 1-2, whats wrong with you know? Are you getting lazy and tired of Reshade and just don't care anymore??? Or aliens abducted you and put some chip in you head that blocked your forward thinking ability?

This is so obvious - core ini should be called reshade.ini and reshade dlls no matter how they called should load it 1st.
You can add ini settings with name and RELATIVE path for override inis (actually I suggested same thing long ago to Boris for ENB and he implemented this thing after my request as it was safe to edit new in and keep default one as reference), but its not necessary.

4) For some BAD reason - reshade does not AUTO-RELOAD when ini, or shader file is changed.
So basically we are now forced to use clunky and slow reshade UI and old fashion manual edit is not not supported. While I love to do some things in game, I also love to keep ability to do things outside of it, especially EDIT SHADER and see in real time how it works in game right when I hit save button, without even alt tabbing to game that shows on 2nd screen or in window nearby, but instead I'm forced to get bet to game, open Reshade UI, hit reload, see error log, and then get back to shader editor, which is VERY ANNOYING AND TIME CONSUMING!
Should I explain obvious fix here? Bring back old refreshing on edit, at least as toggle option.

5) Error log is hidden now and you have to open extra window, reside it and mess with it to see what happened.
Why in a world we can see error auto displayed in console like in old days or at least auto opened with in COnfig mode?

6) INI I a mess, I still cant get how exactly reshade sorts ini sections, I expect them to reflect load order or at least alphabetic sorting, instead if just have randomly sorted sections which makes it hard to navigate ini in visual search for settings of required shader. and yes I can use search, but most of times I can do faster visual search than I would type words in search form.

Please sort sections by load order!

7) Now lets talk about major fuck with load order - it only saves for active shaders - because its saved the most primitive way possible in in via Techniques= which is both used for active list and load order. You cant imagine how mad I was when after 30 minutes of messing with load order, I temporary disable most of shader and they all lost their load order!
There must be separate settings LoadOrder= (if its empty 1st time its loaded it should be copied from techniquest for backward compatibility) that does not change if you disable shader.

8) Toggle = disable. For real?
I mean, I mess with shader, assign toggle button to make it easier to see the difference, then game crash at the moment I left shader TEMPORARY toggled of, in result when I restart game its perma disabled and surely it lost its ORDER because of SEE AT 7. Counter story when I want to temporary enable usually disable debug king of shaders like histogram, but it stays perma enabled.
Toggle should no act as disable, it should not save status, it should only temporary disable shader for session or enable it for session if it was disable.

9) UI - why in a world I have to drag mouse button with extreme sensitivity, insead of hold keyboard buttons to increase or decrease values?
Why I cant navigate between ui elements by using regular controls like tab, page up page down, arrows, home, end, etc? Why I cant select all shaders with CTRL-A, disable and enable chekboxes by hitting spacebar ?Why cant switch between tabs with TAB? Why cant press ALT to focus on menu item navigation?
This is all counter productive and slow! I used to configure shaders way faster by alt tabbing, opening fav text editor and going back to game with autorefresh of edited settings. This whole idea of UI is to make things more comfortable, but in fact since the day you started to mess with UI (I mean mediator days), and totally ruined human friendly eye-readable syntax of configs that was SweetFX legacy, things started to get slower and less comfortable, we all started to wast more time dealing with counter usable UI than actually playing games, this is why I an many still prefer to use latest pre mediator versions of reshade.

10) Ui itself has tones of problems, I will give huge list next time, but this time I only mention few more annoying things - lack of resolution independed scaling (you run game in 4k and you can read a shit in reshade, I personally have touchpad with no way to emulate mouse scroll so I can do ctrl + scroll to resize it), lack of ability to rescaled list and config frames relative to each other, config box is way to small and does not scale with resize and its more important than list, which resizes with rest of window, so I have to do a lot of scrolling from one shader to another and back. This makes everything even slower.

11) Another bad idea - removal of shader with error.
Can you guess what happens next when its removed? Sure, all previous design flaws happens, including permanent state of disable\enable and removal from load order.
Why in a world you have to remove it from list when error happens? Just grey it out, or give it extra color or strike it, to show up in UI that this shader does not work now, but don't change its disabled\enable state and don't remove it from list and order!

12) Last thing (for now, I just cant remember all things at once that annoyed me) I really hate about reshade 3 - Why do you keep loading and reloading and compilling all shaders from folder? Why cant you just read ENABLED list and only load files according to list? Why cant you just show rest of shaders as disabled and don't load and compile them? Also why cant you keep multi session cache of compilled shaders and their creation and mofication dates and instead of recompiling them all the times, only do that after you cheked enabled list and after you compared dates of cached compilled shader and one you are going to load and load compilled cache if source shader was not changes since cache creation?

Now before you did it again the short sighted way - if you are going to implement cache - keep it in ram during session and only dump it on disk when session ends, do avoid disk usage on alt tab and reloads.

Without such optimization reshade really stalling games on start and alt tab. Reshade 1-2 used to be faster and did not freeze rendered of game, it kind worked separately, Now I have to wait like half of minute each time I load GTAV until all unused shaders will be compilled.
If there is no cache yet you can compile shader on demand - when its enabled 1st time, and when it was changed even if cache present, in other cases you just should quick load cach of compilled shader from ram.
you can store them per api with api name prefixes with that needed, or by hash.

13) Oh I have to mention another "last thing" before I forgot it - there is no way for intercommunication between shaders, I cant use function of another shader or texture. and this new "stand alone" shader architecture really not that good as old framework was, which allowed to pack and easily intercommunicate a lot of shader at once so you can easily call one from another to process things and get back, or use some texture for many shaders.
Also, should not performance actually be higher when all shaders compilled as one, instead of many?
You really have to add somethings that would allow to call functions from other shaders, I'm not sure about syntax, I would prefer just same name of function, but this could cause conflict if there are few shaders with same function names, so something like
shadername,extension:function()
shadername.extension:texture
shadername.extension:variable.rgba

should be intuitive enough. How you would make it during compilation is up to, you can just copy name function and all constant and variables and textures, tehcniques includes and everything it depends on (you have to do some smart parsing , some functions don't need technique and variables some may need part of them, some may need all) from its parent parent shader to top of child shader in ram buffer, and then compile. This would not be real intercommunication, however it would just save time from copying portions of code from one shader to another, but its better then nothing. I don't have now idea how to make real communication but I ill think about it, and I'm sure you can come up with idea too.

Update: and please removed damn session expiration of forums, its was like 10 times when I spent more than 30 minutes writing huge list of problems and bugs, and suggestions and your forum said GTFO to my after I hit Submit button, because my session is experied... gladly this time I presses CTRL-C before submitting so this time huge text did not get lost.

Sorry if I was rude like some Trump, I just feel frustrated and annoyed by recent bad changes in Reshade and just want to MAKE RESHADE GREAT AGAIN XD
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by v00d00m4n.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus, XIIICaesar
  • XIIICaesar
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #291 by XIIICaesar Replied by XIIICaesar on topic 3.0
Three LUT TIRING isn't just useful for monitors that can't out aren't calibrated properly. I've got a 28" LG 4K IPS Freesync that is calibrated just fine and when using the same preset in ReShade 3 it looks totally different with the ReShade 2 preset that has 5 tiles on the LUT. It sits to the scene's brightness in have on the fly at minimal to no performance cost where as using 1 file in ReShade 3 a lot of scene's are overly bright that aren't with the LUT tiering. To import the preset LUT to 3.0 I had to use ReShade assistant from 2.0. depending on which screenshot I used though the 5 tire LUT turned out different both times in the end which reinforces that calibrated or not the scene brightness adaptation is very useful. Also ReShade 3.0 does reload when you change presets if your in performance mode. If in configuration mode it doesn't reload but settings do change for each preset.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by XIIICaesar.
  • Martigen
More
7 years 3 months ago #292 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic 3.0

v00d00m4n wrote: [ramble]

While I agree with some of what you wrote (and you can see my wishlist in Discussion that reflects some of these), a little appreciation wouldn't go astray. Crosire is one man, who has built an incredible tool. A tool is always better when it's released to a wider community and gets feedback from more people, but take the time to be polite about it.

Also, Crosire is getting paid Real Monies now for his talent, and Reshade is open-sourced. So -- either help fix the issues you see yourself, or help find programmers willing to do so.
The following user(s) said Thank You: XIIICaesar, GP-Unity
  • Marty McFly
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #293 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic 3.0
Exactly. There are numerous things that can/might be improved upon this amazing tool but the maintenance by users promised prior to the open source release didn't come so it's either accept or change.

I doubt that many shaders will be updated/ported in the future by the old authors. For example I'm looking for alternatives such as distributing my shaders on Unity. Today's driver updates break stuff a lot more easily than they used to be, focusing on a dead platform is problematic. ENB updates come sparse as well lately so I think about moving away.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Marty McFly.
  • Martigen
More
7 years 3 months ago #294 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic 3.0

Marty McFly wrote: Exactly. There are numerous things that can/might be improved upon this amazing tool but the maintenance by users promised prior to the open source release didn't come so it's either accept or change.

I doubt that many shaders will be updated/ported in the future by the old authors. For example I'm looking for alternatives such as distributing my shaders on Unity. Today's driver updates break stuff a lot more easily than they used to be, focusing on a dead platform is problematic. ENB updates come sparse as well lately so I think about moving away.

WUT!

Marty no! Please continue to work on your shaders for Reshade! No game is complete without Reshade and your shaders. You should definitely get wider recognition for your work though, and I hope they see extensive use on Unity, but don't forget Reshade (afterall, it's the only way us plebs can add effects to our game that weren't included by devs).

Thankyou :)
  • XIIICaesar
More
7 years 3 months ago #295 by XIIICaesar Replied by XIIICaesar on topic 3.0
Is there any way you could do tuningpallette for 3.0 with bright detect Marty? I've tried hours to get it to work and cant figure it out.
  • JamesMay
More
7 years 3 months ago #296 by JamesMay Replied by JamesMay on topic 3.0
How to get this to work with GTA V? The Launcher just crashes.
  • ZapaL
More
7 years 2 months ago #297 by ZapaL Replied by ZapaL on topic 3.0
I just wanted to ask.
Is it possible or not to display effects on the full screen at a lower resolution of the game?
For example, the game has a resolution of 1024 * 768 and starts with this resolution, and the effects are output to full screen 1920/1080.
  • Snacko
More
7 years 2 months ago #298 by Snacko Replied by Snacko on topic IL2 Battle of Stalingrad doesn't work with 3.06
Where I can download release version 3.05?

I am trying to get this to work with IL2 Battle of Stalingrad and 3.06 just crashes on load. But a friend of mine has it working with Reshade 3.05. Where can I download previous releases??
  • brussell
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #299 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic IL2 Battle of Stalingrad doesn't work with 3.06

Snacko wrote: Where I can download release version 3.05?

I am trying to get this to work with IL2 Battle of Stalingrad and 3.06 just crashes on load. But a friend of mine has it working with Reshade 3.05. Where can I download previous releases??

Look here: reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/294-...-repository-new-host
Or direct link: www.mediafire.com/file/9a1zd2ty8p2j23m/ReShade_Setup_3.0.6.exe

@crosire: maybe it's a good idea to make the repository thread sticky again. (and/or add a link to it in the download section)
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by brussell.
  • MonarchX
More
7 years 2 months ago #300 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic 3.0

Marty McFly wrote: B..But LUT.fx's whole purpose is to load 3D LUT textures? The only thing I didn't add is the different LUT's for differently bright scenes. Besides, I could calibrate my own monitor who has no calibration options besides brightness and saturation through other tools just fine.

I am talking about custom CALIBRATION LUT files for TuningPalette. There is this AMAZING set of programs - ArgyllCMS (base/core) and DisplayCAL (GUI) that allow for calibration of your monitor - both grayscale AND colorspace by utilizing 3DLUT's of different formats. Some formats are for renderers like madVR (used for video playback) and one of the formats is for TuningPalette to use in games! IMO I have an excellent MVA panel with native static 4500:1 contrast ratio and 120Hz + light-strobing, but it has a major downside - inaccurate colorpsace/color gamut and no way to calibrate it via monitor's hardware controls. ICC profiles can only apply grayscale calibration correction in games, but ReShade TuningPalette applies a correction for both grayscale AND colorspace/color gamut.

I like high fidelity imagery in PC video games and that requires display image/color accuracy that at the moment can ONLY be achieved via application of ReShade TuningPalette 3DLUT's (created by ArgyllCMS + DisplayCAL) on monitors that lack hardware controls for colorspace/color gamut calibration, which is the case with 90% of monitors out there! So, for the love of God, please integrate TuningPalette shader/effect into ReShade 3.X.X because it is future-proof and is likely to get Vulkan support. It's very important to display calibration community.
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.