• OtisInf
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #361 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic 3.0

vfxninjaeditor wrote: Quick question, I haven't really used Reshade in over a year. I am getting back into it and just started using 3.0 for the first time. I noticed that effect order seems to be somewhat wacky. For instance, I have ambient light and MXAO on. Before, in an older version of Reshade, they mixed together really nicely. Now, MXAO is being overlayed on the ambient light effect which causes some really strange looking stuff to happen. Ambient light should be happening after MXAO for a proper effect mix.

So, am I wrong or are some of the effects not in the right order? Sorry for the confusion.

You can re-order them by drag/drop. The interface isn't the greatest though, I'd prefer up/down arrows and not a combined 'do it all in here' UI for this (tree of effects what is available + enable/disable + ordering).
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by OtisInf.
The topic has been locked.
  • B4rr3l
More
6 years 9 months ago #362 by B4rr3l Replied by B4rr3l on topic 3.0

B4rr3l wrote: Is it possible to add a customized greetings in Reshade 3.0? I would use something like BF2 HD Remastered ReShade 3

• CataclysmZA
More
6 years 9 months ago #363 by CataclysmZA Replied by CataclysmZA on topic 3.0
I've just picked up Reshade 3.07 to test out some things in Borderlands. Whenever I try to install Reshade to Borderlands, the program seems to hang forever on "Installing to Borderlands" and I see no movement from it in Task Manager. I'm on the Windows 10 Creators Update. Is this a bug with Borderlands itself, or the Creators Update?
  • B4rr3l
More
6 years 9 months ago #364 by B4rr3l Replied by B4rr3l on topic 3.0
remove the shaders you don't need from the shaders folder.
  • Lolz
More
6 years 9 months ago #365 by Lolz Replied by Lolz on topic 3.0

OtisInf wrote: You can re-order them by drag/drop. The interface isn't the greatest though, I'd prefer up/down arrows and not a combined 'do it all in here' UI for this (tree of effects what is available + enable/disable + ordering).

Wait, what do you mean by "You can re-order them by drag/drop"? 0_o
Drag'n'drop where and how exactly? Within the reshade-shaders? Can you clarify this a little more?
  • JBeckman
More
6 years 9 months ago #366 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic 3.0
Open the ReShade UI and then under the active effects you can drag & drop the "checkbox" effect names around in the order you want them to be displayed, no idea if it's ascending or falling though but I think the last listed order has priority or how it's called. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lolz
  • MichaelB450
More
6 years 9 months ago #367 by MichaelB450 Replied by MichaelB450 on topic 3.0
With version 3.0.7 Reshade no longer disables the Steam overlay with The Crew, so thanks for fixing the issue!
  • B4rr3l
More
6 years 9 months ago #368 by B4rr3l Replied by B4rr3l on topic 3.0
No one knows if it's possible to customize the greeting in version 3.0.7?
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago #369 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 3.0
It's not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spartaque12
  • niflexible
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #370 by niflexible Replied by niflexible on topic 3.0
Hi there, crosire! I just wantto say thank you for updates and I'm starting to like 3.0.7, well 3.0 in general.
I wanted to ask for FPS limiter included in next update? There's nothing wrong with an fps limiter. Why get 120fps and make your graphics card work harder when you can only display 60fps max anyways on most monitors. It also can bypass the need for vsync to remove screen tearing without having to endure the input lag vsync causes and fps drop. I also like to lock my fps to 30 or 40 on heavy titles that push my GPU where it flactuates wildly from 60 to 30, so I dont feel the unstable changes/spikes.

I would love to drop radeonpro's fps limiter and only use reshade with its own limiter implemented in the build, please! And also not use afterburner for same reasons on windows 10 cause radeonpro has issues running on my other pc other than win 7.

Lastly, I'm sorry to ask, but can you point me a guide link or simple steps here HOW to use the new LUT ? It's so different from old reshade 2.0....
And does lut have preview that you can take screenshots of it and use that after editing it.

Dynamic Framerate Control
This feature also known as DFC tries to keep the rendering frame rate up to the limit you have specified in Keep up to field. By limiting the maximum frame rate, it is possible to stabilize some engines where frame rate varies a lot. For example, if a game is keeping frame rate between 50 and 80 FPS, you can set a limit of 45 FPS and enjoy a smoother experience due to stable frame latency. Even if the game is capable to deliver 60 FPS, DFC set to 60 FPS as target can also help by smoothing the frame latency, try titles like Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood or The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, the stuttering seem on those games with plain V-sync is removed by using DFC + V-sync on.
Keep up to XXX FPS
Specifies the target frame rate of DFC feature.

Thanks a bunch!
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by niflexible.
  • B4rr3l
More
6 years 9 months ago #371 by B4rr3l Replied by B4rr3l on topic 3.0
Thanks for replying, I did put lot's of months in this project and lots of hours making a custom Reshade setting for BF2 that looks great and comes with all the proper shortcut compatible with the game. I just want to have a "BF2 HD Remastered" Preset line in the greetings as long as Reshade and your name. Just don't wanna those hours of work to be ripped off and announced as someone else work. Can you add that for me?
  • B4rr3l
More
6 years 9 months ago #372 by B4rr3l Replied by B4rr3l on topic 3.0
Would you help me Crosire?

The following user(s) said Thank You: spartaque12
  • Suiheisen
More
6 years 9 months ago #373 by Suiheisen Replied by Suiheisen on topic 3.0
DX 12 support soon???
  • kingeric1992
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #374 by kingeric1992 Replied by kingeric1992 on topic 3.0
some note I found in 3.0.7 so far:

static const type does not support intrinsic function initialization:
static const float2 f2_value = float2(1.0, 2.0);
static const float f_value = f2_value.x; //fail

//workaround:
static const float f2_value_x = 1.0;
static const float f2_value_y = 2.0;
static const float2 f2_value = float2(f2_value_x, f2_value_y);
static const float f_value = f2_value_x;

no struct initializer/constructor;
mystructtype mystruct = {
    value0, value1, ...
};

//workaround:
//    use runtime initialization.

mul not fully supported
float3x3 a;
float3x3 m;
float3x3 b = mul(m, a); // error x3067 

//workaround:
// overload entire mul(a, b).
// can't just overload with single float3x3 mul(float3x3 a, float3x3b)
// because reshadeFX will process that into
// float3x3 F_scope_mul() and not mul() 

namespace confused with texture/sampler
namespace pre {
    texture imageTex < source = "image.jpg"; > {
        Width = BUFFER_WIDTH; 
        Height = BUFFER_HEIGHT; 
        Format = RGBA8; 
    };
}
    texture imageTex  {
        Width = BUFFER_WIDTH; 
        Height = BUFFER_HEIGHT; 
        Format = RGBA8; 
    };

sampler samplerIn {
        Texture = imageTex;
    };

void main_vertex( in uint id : SV_VertexID,
        out float4 position : POSITION, out float2 txcoord  : TEXCOORD ) {
        txcoord.x = (id == 2) ? 2.0 : 0.0;
        txcoord.y = (id == 1) ? 2.0 : 0.0;
        position  = float4(txcoord.xy * float2(2.0, -2.0) + float2(-1.0, 1.0), 0.0, 1.0);
    }

float4 fill( float4 position : POSITION, float2 txcoord  : TEXCOORD) : COLOR {
        return 0.5;
    }    

float4 main_fragment( float4 position : POSITION, float2 txcoord  : TEXCOORD) : COLOR {
        return tex2D( samplerIn, txcoord);
    }

technique test 
{
    pass {
        VertexShader = main_vertex;
        PixelShader = fill;
        RenderTarget = imageTex;
    }
    pass {
        VertexShader = main_vertex;
        PixelShader = main_fragment;
    }
}

//workaround:
// use individual texture name.

Also, is it possible to log the processed effect code?
easier to check those error message that are not processed by reshade parser.
(I meant those with @address)
also, those error message also shows the user directory in the log file, while it is blocked in reshade's own error message.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by kingeric1992. Reason: update on the topic
  • kingeric1992
More
6 years 9 months ago #375 by kingeric1992 Replied by kingeric1992 on topic 3.0
@B4rr3l

B4rr3l wrote: ... I just want to have a "BF2 HD Remastered" Preset line in the greetings as long as Reshade and your name. ...

just use a timeout technique/shader to show your text/image at the start of the app.
though, that wouldn't stop ppl from editing the file itself....
  • B4rr3l
More
6 years 9 months ago #376 by B4rr3l Replied by B4rr3l on topic 3.0
People can edit, no problem can you tell me how to do that? @kingeneric1992
  • kingeric1992
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #377 by kingeric1992 Replied by kingeric1992 on topic 3.0
[intro.fx]
Warning: Spoiler!

and in your preset, add
intro to Techniques and TechniquesSorting list so that it will launch at start.
(or just toggle it on in ingame menu, which will auto save to preset.)
[hr]
adding some note to reshade 3.0.7,
I think it is better to have technique annotation "enabled" be forced over preset, currently the value is read, but overwitten by preset later on.
Also it get confused when "hidden" flag is used, where the hidden technique can't be saved to Techniques list in the preset, making it forced to disable upon loading preset.

Couldn't figure out how to compile it, so I'll just put the note here.
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by kingeric1992.
  • Sinclair
More
6 years 9 months ago #378 by Sinclair Replied by Sinclair on topic 3.0
I see 3.0.8 is out! What's the scoop?
  • JBeckman
More
6 years 9 months ago #379 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic 3.0
The first post is usually updated to reflect new releases. :)

3.0.8:

Fixed artifacts in some OpenGL games due to false restoring of "glClipControl" values
Fixed ReShade mistakenly applying effects to DXGI present testing calls
Fixed "mousebutton" shader input not working for the left mouse button
Removed support for anisotropic texture filtering (doesn't make much sense in screenspace)

The following user(s) said Thank You: spartaque12, Sinclair
  • kaicooper
More
6 years 9 months ago #380 by kaicooper Replied by kaicooper on topic 3.0
also it Reloads Shaders faster
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.