LUTs: Powerful Color Correction - The Guide

• crubino
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #61 by crubino Replied by crubino on topic LUT's: Powerful Color Correction - The Guide
hey, I've just knowing that there is a thread likes this in here
And, yes... I've using LUT for Reshade since framework version 1.x

here my latest screenshot with my latest LUT. I've made it 30 minutes ago to get "moon light" feel ini old Assassin Creed Black Flag. :P
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by crubino.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sets
More
6 years 2 months ago #62 by sets Replied by sets on topic LUT's: Powerful Color Correction - The Guide
is there q quicker way to edit LUT value ? having photoshop running all the time and edit is a bit inconvenient

• FierySwordswoman
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago #63 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic LUT's: Powerful Color Correction - The Guide
You can use anything that can color grade a .png

What do you mean "running all the time"? You don't need to keep photoshop open after you save the image...

Did you take some screenshots of the game to edit alongside the LUT? If so, I can't imagine how it'd be any more inconvenient than using the SweetFX shaders.

• sets
More
6 years 2 months ago #64 by sets Replied by sets on topic LUT's: Powerful Color Correction - The Guide
like, when i want to reduce the red amount of red color, i have to open the lut png with photoshop, edit it, save it, then reload the lut.

• FierySwordswoman
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago #65 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic LUT's: Powerful Color Correction - The Guide
That's why you take a bunch of screenshots of the game in various areas, so you can fix everything in one edit.

• robgrab
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #66 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic LUT's: Powerful Color Correction - The Guide
My new preferred method for creating a LUT is using Marty's Lightroom shader to get it looking exactly the way I want and then use the CreateLUT shader to generate the LUT. The Lightroom shader essentially combines numerous shaders into one. It makes it much easier.

Here's a LUT I just created for the Bioshock 2 Remaster. On top of the LUT I'm using MagicBloom, FilmGrain2, FilmicSharpen, and FXAA. If you want to see more examples of before and after shots go HERE .

Forgive the lack of artistic framing. These are just to demonstrate before and after.

Vanilla

with LUT
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by robgrab.

• sets
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #67 by sets Replied by sets on topic LUT's: Powerful Color Correction - The Guide
these shaders aren't included in the github pack where do i get them :ohmy:
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by sets.

• Martigen
More
6 years 2 months ago #68 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic LUT's: Powerful Color Correction - The Guide
@robgrab -- have you been able to get MXAO (or rather, get depth buffer access) with Bioshock/2?

• robgrab
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #69 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic LUT's: Powerful Color Correction - The Guide

sets wrote: these shaders aren't included in the github pack where do i get them :ohmy:

Marty's Lightroom shader is actually included in a mod for Skyrim that I found on the Nexus site. I don't know if he ever officially released it as a standalone shader but HERE is a link to the mod. The CreateLUT shader should be somewhere in this thread and the FilmicSharpen shader is a new improved Luma Sharpen shader that can be found HERE

Martigen wrote: @robgrab -- have you been able to get MXAO (or rather, get depth buffer access) with Bioshock/2?

Unfortunately no. :(
The Bioshock games have never had depth buffer access but you used to be able to force HBAO+ by changing the AO flag using NVIDIA Inspector. Since the Remastered versions use DX11 now, instead of DX9, I don't know if it's still possible. For those willing to test different flags here is a tip from MrBonk on the HBAO+ Compatibility Flags Thread over at www.guru3d.com :

Bioshock Remastered 1/2 are DX11 only.

So you need to be only testing flags from
0x00010000 (Assassin's Creed(DX9), Assassin's Creed)
And downward to
0x00180000 (Metal Gear Solid V)

Any flags with values in the 0x00000000
Will not produce any effect no matter what.

And finally HERE is a link to the forum with a list of all the possible DX11 values in case someone wants to test them before me. Apparently there are 24 different possibilities.

UPDATE: I tried ALL of the flags and none of them worked. :(

• Martigen
More
6 years 2 months ago #70 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic LUT's: Powerful Color Correction - The Guide

robgrab wrote:

sets wrote: these shaders aren't included in the github pack where do i get them :ohmy:

Marty's Lightroom shader is actually included in a mod for Skyrim that I found on the Nexus site. I don't know if he ever officially released it as a standalone shader but HERE is a link to the mod. The CreateLUT shader should be somewhere in this thread and the FilmicSharpen shader is a new improved Luma Sharpen shader that can be found HERE

Martigen wrote: @robgrab -- have you been able to get MXAO (or rather, get depth buffer access) with Bioshock/2?

Unfortunately no. :(
The Bioshock games have never had depth buffer access but you used to be able to force HBAO+ by changing the AO flag using NVIDIA Inspector. Since the Remastered versions use DX11 now, instead of DX9, I don't know if it's still possible. For those willing to test different flags here is a tip from MrBonk on the HBAO+ Compatibility Flags Thread over at www.guru3d.com :

Bioshock Remastered 1/2 are DX11 only.

So you need to be only testing flags from
0x00010000 (Assassin's Creed(DX9), Assassin's Creed)
And downward to
0x00180000 (Metal Gear Solid V)

Any flags with values in the 0x00000000
Will not produce any effect no matter what.

And finally HERE is a link to the forum with a list of all the possible DX11 values in case someone wants to test them before me. Apparently there are 24 different possibilities.

UPDATE: I tried ALL of the flags and none of them worked. :(

Thanks for testing all these. So sad :/. I find it really bizarre that we can't conquer old engines, and especially something as great as Bioshock 1/2. Same problem with Portal 1/2. These are, you would think, old enough not to evade modern techniques.

• robgrab
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #71 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic LUT's: Powerful Color Correction - The Guide

Thanks for testing all these. So sad :/. I find it really bizarre that we can't conquer old engines, and especially something as great as Bioshock 1/2. Same problem with Portal 1/2. These are, you would think, old enough not to evade modern techniques.

The problem is HBAO+ did work on the older Bioshock engine [Unreal engine 2.5]. It wasn't until they updated it for the Remasters [Unreal Engine 3] that it broke. It was also far easier with DX9.

Also HBAO+ can be forced in BOTH Portal games through NVIDIA Inspector. Here is a link to each as well as a link to the a Google Docs file for HBAO+ codes to every game that supports it:

PORTAL

PORTAL 2

MASTER LIST

• sets
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #72 by sets Replied by sets on topic LUT's: Powerful Color Correction - The Guide
something is wrong in this...
light room :
s10.postimg.org/f3fxlptxl/image.jpg
LUT created by the create lut shaders :
s10.postimg.org/8pquigwrd/lr2.jpg

why is the result so different what is wrong here
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by sets.

• sets
More
6 years 2 months ago #73 by sets Replied by sets on topic LUT's: Powerful Color Correction - The Guide

sets wrote: something is wrong in this...
light room :
s10.postimg.org/f3fxlptxl/image.jpg
LUT created by the create lut shaders :
s10.postimg.org/8pquigwrd/lr2.jpg

why is the result so different what is wrong here

anyone knows what is wrong here ? :blink:

• FierySwordswoman
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #74 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic LUT's: Powerful Color Correction - The Guide

sets wrote: anyone knows what is wrong here ? :blink:

Yeah. You're using Lightroom.

Assuming Lightroom has some kind of LUT creation feature, you need to update your reshade preprocessor settings to the size of LUT you exported with lightroom.
(Or just export in 32^3, aka 1024x32).
Also, if you're using lightroom to make edits, why are you also using the lut creator shader thing? That's only useful if you don't use any external applications to edit your luts.

This whole workflow's best used with something like Photoshop or GIMP, so you can import half a dozen screenshots to preview the changes on.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by FierySwordswoman.

• sets
More
6 years 2 months ago #75 by sets Replied by sets on topic LUT's: Powerful Color Correction - The Guide
how to create LUT using the lightroom shaders then ? i'm not good at photoshop so lightroom slides are easier for me

• FierySwordswoman
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #76 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic LUT's: Powerful Color Correction - The Guide

sets wrote: how to create LUT using the lightroom shaders then ? i'm not good at photoshop so lightroom slides are easier for me

Wait, are you talking about the Lightroom program or the Lightroom shader Marty McFly made?
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by FierySwordswoman.

• Martigen
More
6 years 1 month ago #77 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic LUT's: Powerful Color Correction - The Guide

robgrab wrote:

The problem is HBAO+ did work on the older Bioshock engine [Unreal engine 2.5]. It wasn't until they updated it for the Remasters [Unreal Engine 3] that it broke. It was also far easier with DX9.

Also HBAO+ can be forced in BOTH Portal games through NVIDIA Inspector. Here is a link to each as well as a link to the a Google Docs file for HBAO+ codes to every game that supports it:

PORTAL

PORTAL 2

MASTER LIST

Thanks for that Robgrab :)

• sets
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #78 by sets Replied by sets on topic LUT's: Powerful Color Correction - The Guide

FierySwordswoman wrote:

sets wrote: how to create LUT using the lightroom shaders then ? i'm not good at photoshop so lightroom slides are easier for me

Wait, are you talking about the Lightroom program or the Lightroom shader Marty McFly made?

the lightroom shader
what i did :
- turn off all other shaders
- enable lightroom, adjust the slide
- enable create LUT, take screenshot (bitmap)
- extract the LUT and reload

but the result end up different as you see in my above images..... idk what is wrong here (lightroom was already disabled when i turn on LUT)
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by sets.

• FierySwordswoman
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #79 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic LUT's: Powerful Color Correction - The Guide
Shouldn't the Lightroom shader produce it's own LUT in the upper-left..?
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by FierySwordswoman.

• sets
More
6 years 1 month ago #80 by sets Replied by sets on topic LUT's: Powerful Color Correction - The Guide

FierySwordswoman wrote: Shouldn't the Lightroom shader produce it's own LUT in the upper-left..?

i see nothing there :blink:

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.