Prod80's shader library

• aaronth07
More
4 years 2 months ago #21 by aaronth07 Replied by aaronth07 on topic Prod80's shader library
Wow, all of these look great! Also, this might be a weird request, but is it possible to add a depth mask to chromatic aberration? So that it only appears in the distance or on edges?
The following user(s) said Thank You: AssassinsDecree

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #22 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library
Already has that @aaronth07

See the bottom controls :)
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by prod80.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aaronth07

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #23 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library
Updated
PD80_03_Shadows_Midtones_Highlights.fx

Added 20 blendmodes, custom color pickers, and opacity sliders which let you mix that with shadows, midtones, or highlights as you please! The ultamate color grading tool :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Marty, AssassinsDecree

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #24 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library
Updated
PD80_04_Color_Gradients.fx
updated the code to give a more accurate result when grading shadows/midtones

PD80_05_Sharpening.fx
added option to sharpen based on depth, either foreground or background sharpening (selectable) as my stone age old shader used to have

PD80_04_Contrast_Brightness_Saturation.fx
added option to specify a hue and apply saturation/desaturation only against that hue and selected range next to having general controls per color channel

PD80_01_Remove_Tint.fx
added a few options (sliders) to respect luminosity, did various code optimizations over the last week. Also it has a neat UI now

PD80_04_BlacknWhite.fx
improved the code a little to customize your B&W looks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Apocalypso, Marty, AssassinsDecree

• Martigen
More
4 years 2 months ago #25 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Prod80's shader library
You're a machine! Thanks prod80 for all your work in these shaders :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: AssassinsDecree, prod80

• Niko of Death
More
4 years 2 months ago #26 by Niko of Death Replied by Niko of Death on topic Prod80's shader library
Love the remove_tint shader, but it seems to play pretty weirdly with Deus Ex Human Revolution Directors Cut. Even with the time-based fade effect, the correction often changes distractingly quickly. Additionally, I found at least one area where the shader seemingly completely breaks (the bathroom at Sarif Industries), as seen here: imgur.com/a/MpyNyAV
(A slight movement changes the color correction from a blue tint to complete red)

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #27 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library

Niko of Death wrote: Love the remove_tint shader, but it seems to play pretty weirdly with Deus Ex Human Revolution Directors Cut. Even with the time-based fade effect, the correction often changes distractingly quickly. Additionally, I found at least one area where the shader seemingly completely breaks (the bathroom at Sarif Industries), as seen here: imgur.com/a/MpyNyAV
(A slight movement changes the color correction from a blue tint to complete red)

Try lowering the precision (set to 0 or 1), also use "Find Dark Color" as detection method, and don't use Whitepoint Correction unless you really have to. The shader works by detecting the lowest RGB value and the highest, then uses those to determine the rest. So in scenes where low and high are very close it may behave weirdly. It's not really a shader you want to keep ON during gameplay, rather for screenshots. It's also not a behavior I can change because then it will mute the effect across the entire range.

Hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AssassinsDecree, Niko of Death

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #28 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library
New shader!
PD80_04_Magical_Rectangle.fx

This is a rectangle, that can do a lot of interesting things (more being developed/fine tuned) among those;
Create a rectangle, change dimensions/rotation, change color, change position in 3D space, blend with depth, blend with colors, create gradients, soften edges, create game mist, remove game mist, create flares, manipulate contrasts/brightness, create light leaks, and so on. It may look boring when loaded, but toy with some options and use some imagination :)

Excuse the wrongly selected depth buffer, but just a quick example screenshot of one of the things this shader can do:

Original image...

Lets mess with sky and distant landscape...

I'm a boring grey square to start off with, though...

UI
The following user(s) said Thank You: doubleDizz, Viper_Joe

• Niko of Death
More
4 years 2 months ago #29 by Niko of Death Replied by Niko of Death on topic Prod80's shader library

prod80 wrote:

Niko of Death wrote: Love the remove_tint shader, but it seems to play pretty weirdly with Deus Ex Human Revolution Directors Cut. Even with the time-based fade effect, the correction often changes distractingly quickly. Additionally, I found at least one area where the shader seemingly completely breaks (the bathroom at Sarif Industries), as seen here: imgur.com/a/MpyNyAV

Try lowering the precision (set to 0 or 1), also use "Find Dark Color" as detection method, and don't use Whitepoint Correction unless you really have to. The shader works by detecting the lowest RGB value and the highest, then uses those to determine the rest. So in scenes where low and high are very close it may behave weirdly. It's not really a shader you want to keep ON during gameplay, rather for screenshots. It's also not a behavior I can change because then it will mute the effect across the entire range.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, here I was using whitepoint, blackpoint, and midtone. In terms of gameplay use vs screenshot use, I feel like a slider for the time based fade (to set how fast it fades), and (if this is possible within reshades constraints) an accumulation option (so, for example, the correction is averaged from the past 10 seconds, rather than just the current frame), would help a lot with gameplay viability. Apologies if these are unreasonable requests, I've just found the shader very effective at automatically doing corrections that are difficult to do by hand. Alternatively, maybe some sort of debug output that gives you values to replicate the current correction in another shader, so when you find a good automatic correction you can make it static?

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #30 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library

Niko of Death wrote:

prod80 wrote:

Hope this helps.

Thanks, here I was using whitepoint, blackpoint, and midtone. In terms of gameplay use vs screenshot use, I feel like a slider for the time based fade (to set how fast it fades), and (if this is possible within reshades constraints) an accumulation option (so, for example, the correction is averaged from the past 10 seconds, rather than just the current frame), would help a lot with gameplay viability. Apologies if these are unreasonable requests, I've just found the shader very effective at automatically doing corrections that are difficult to do by hand. Alternatively, maybe some sort of debug output that gives you values to replicate the current correction in another shader, so when you find a good automatic correction you can make it static?

Ok, first things first :)
Whitepoint will only add value if the whitepoint in the scene is actually changed, this is generally not the case in games, even if you don't see white in your scene. Changing white point has a variety of issues, most notably the loss of white even when there should be (like sun being very dim and not shining). So I would leave that one disabled unless you run in specific issues where you want it corrected. As for blackpoint and the related flickering, I can't do much about it. The darkest pixel, or average of pixels (if you use a higher number on precision) will always change and fluctuate quite rapidly. There's no way for the shader to tell "I have the correct value now". So to accumulate values or whatnot over time isn't going to help when you don't know you are collecting the right values as it could go wrong and then you end up in a purple world and it will stay purple until you restart the game so that memory is flushed.

What I perhaps can do however, is provide an option to "freeze" the correction to whatever value it detected at that point and leave that there until you unfreeze it, or until you reload the game/reshade/shader.

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #31 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library
Updates
  • Added option to "Freeze" the color correction in the Remove Tint shader. So you can find a spot where correction makes it all great, click a button, and keep using that value until you unfreeze it, reload the shader / ReShade / the game.
  • Added Depth Slicer shader that will let you take a slice of the depth and manipulate things around it
  • Added some updated to Magical Rectangle shader, so now you can draw bubbles too :)

Depth slicer, simple example

Bubbles from the Magical Rectangle shader
The following user(s) said Thank You: AssassinsDecree, Niko of Death

• Niko of Death
More
4 years 2 months ago #32 by Niko of Death Replied by Niko of Death on topic Prod80's shader library

prod80 wrote: Updates

• Added option to "Freeze" the color correction in the Remove Tint shader. So you can find a spot where correction makes it all great, click a button, and keep using that value until you unfreeze it, reload the shader / ReShade / the game.
  • Added Depth Slicer shader that will let you take a slice of the depth and manipulate things around it
  • Added some updated to Magical Rectangle shader, so now you can draw bubbles too :)

Depth slicer, simple example

Bubbles from the Magical Rectangle shader

Awesome! Thanks for implementing the idea.

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #33 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library

prod80 wrote: Awesome! Thanks for implementing the idea.

Welcome, always looking to improve things :)

You should re-download it, just did a major update on it. Should be a lot better now... like, a lot.

It can now do proper midpoint correction

To

From

To

And even a very extreme example which will obviously cause some precision issues to correct (because of the huge compression) but just to show how much it can actually restore..

From

To

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #34 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library
Added shaders:

• PD80_01A_RT_Correct_Contrast.fx: Automatic contrast correction when it finds a need to correct in the current scene. It works by adjust white/black points and does not change color.

• PD80_01B_RT_Correct_Color.fx: Updated version of "Remove Tint" shader. More efficient code and better results. This should be the final product by now.

• Correct Contrast shader works exactly the same as Photoshop effect "Auto Contrast".
    Correct Color shader works exactly same (with additional methods/options) as Photoshop "Auto Tint".

Correct Contrast may not always have an effect because if the scene has pure white and black, no correction is assumed to be needed as the whole range of colors is utilized. Additionally it may also "over correct" when the scene is dark and will greatly boost brightness. So it's more of a tool for screenshots than something to play with, ie- I will not correct issues like "It makes everything very bright here" because it is suppose to do that. Use Correct Color shader if you look for something that you can reasonably leave on while playing because it has luminance preservation options.

Photoshop also has a method called "Auto Color" and while part of this is represented in the Correct Color shader, I have added an additional whitepoint correction to it (Photoshop version will adjust whitepoint, but not tinting in white point). As such won't look the same, but will give better results in games.

Next to this, it can also correct greypoint by calculating the average of the colors closets to neutral grey in the scene and using this to balance mid point.

Enjoy!
    The following user(s) said Thank You: klotim, MakeNX, Viper_Joe, Marty, aaronth07, Arkane, AssassinsDecree, SpajdrEX

• prod80
    • Topic Author
    More
    4 years 2 months ago #35 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library
    Updates to following shaders

• PD80_03_Shadows_Midtones_Highlights.fx: added control for Exposure.

• PD80_04_Contrast_Brightness_Saturation.fx: added control for Exposure, redid the individual color controls and added controls for Orange and Purple saturation.

• PD80_04_Magical_Rectangle.fx: Added controls to the image underlying the rectangle/circle to control: Exposure, Brightness, Contrast, Hue, Saturation, and Vibrance

• Enjoy!
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Marty

• prod80
    • Topic Author
    More
    4 years 2 months ago #36 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library
    Updated shader

• Major overhaul in the method of color grading using different layers and blending modes now

• Added scene luminance so you can automatically have different coloring depending of whether it's day (light) or night (dark) to simulate Day-Night transitions in color grading

• The following user(s) said Thank You: Tojkar

• Tom Yum 72
    More
    4 years 1 month ago #37 by Tom Yum 72 Replied by Tom Yum 72 on topic Prod80's shader library
    Just wanted to say Thank you to prod80 and all the other amazing people in this Reshade Galaxy. You Guys improved mine / our Gameplay so much....i,m still in awe. Magnificent !!!
    The following user(s) said Thank You: AssassinsDecree, prod80

• prod80
    • Topic Author
    More
    4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #38 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library
    Updated shaders

PD80_04_Color_Balance.fx
    PD80_03_Shadows_Midtones_Highlights.fx

All these shaders have separation between shadows, midtones, and highlights.

The current implementation of separating those channels was with a more precise method to ensure editing 1 channel did not influence another. However this could lead to rather strong transition lines when editing between the different contrasts.

Have now added a "Smooth" mode in the UI that will ensure those transitions are smoother, though at the cost that editing f.e. shadows will have a minimal impact on highlights as well.
    Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by prod80.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Marty, AssassinsDecree, zhiruo

• F D B
    More
    4 years 1 month ago #39 by F D B Replied by F D B on topic Prod80's shader library
    Woah!
    This is very impressive!

I kept scrolling down and never wanted the first post to end.
    Thank you very much mate!
    The following user(s) said Thank You: AssassinsDecree, prod80, zhiruo

• prod80
    • Topic Author
    More
    4 years 1 month ago #40 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library
    !!! Updated a whole bunch of shaders !!!

mostly further tweaking and setting up which color spaces to use when

RGB<>HSL
    RGB<>HSV

Those conversions are needed for a lot of effects. So I've updated 12 of my shaders with these changes.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom Yum 72, Marty, aaronth07, AssassinsDecree, zhiruo

We use cookies
    We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.